Windows 10: How to enable Office 2010 macros in Windows 10

Discus and support How to enable Office 2010 macros in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded one of my Windows 7 partitions to Windows 10. All Office 2010 macros were working. In Windows 10, the Trust Center settings are still the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mike Austin, Aug 5, 2015.

1. How to enable Office 2010 macros in Windows 10

I upgraded one of my Windows 7 partitions to Windows 10. All Office 2010 macros were working. In Windows 10, the Trust Center settings are still the same as Windows 7 but macros do not run, referring me to 'documentation for the host application'. I suspect there is a global setting hidden in Windows 10 somewhere.

:)

Mike Austin, Aug 5, 2015

2. Excel

Mobile Excel 2010 is compatible up to Excel 2010 and appears to handle macros. I just saved a sample macro-enabled file to my device and the macro is working on my device.

So, we need to see if your device will upgrade to the latest version of Mobile Office 2010. Since you're already running Mobile Office, I'm assuming you most likely will be able to upgrade. To be sure, go the Microsoft Marketplace on your Windows Phone
    device and search for "Office Mobile." You should see it appear in the list, as well as a few version for different languages. Select the appropriate version for your needs and install.

• Microsoft Mobile Office - this version is compatible with Microsoft Office 2007. A free upgrade is available for qualified phones. If Microsoft Office is not pre-isntalledon your phone, it can be purchased separately.
    • Microsoft Office Mobile 2010 - this version is compatible with Microsoft Office 2010. This is a free upgrade for Windows Mobile 6.5 phones that have an earlier version of Office Mobile installed.
    I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Aug 5, 2015
  3. TiLion Win User
    Since Windows 10 upgrade, Outlook 2010 certifed macros won't work anymore as Digitally Certified macros

Hell all,

Have upgraded my office PC (Win8.1 x64, Office 2010 Pro) to Win10 Home successfully but have found a security issue.

Since this upgrade, self certified code VBA (ThisOutllookSession,...) within Outlook 2010 won't work anymore.

It seems that the macros are now disabled and are no more triggered on events even they are digitally signed.

As a workaround, to make them working again, I've to downgrade the Macro Security Level in Outlook 2010 from "Notifications for digitally signed macros, all other macros disabled" to "Notifications for all macros".

So it seems that Windows 10 doesn't recognize the "Digital Certificate" anymore.

Please note that this digital certificate remains valid and listed in the Outllook 2010 Trusted Publishers and of course the code remains digitally signed.

Anyone to confirm this issue ?

Any idea how to fix this ?

Regards,

Bernard

TiLion, Aug 5, 2015
  4. How to enable Office 2010 macros in Windows 10

Solved: it seems the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 interfered with the installation of Office 2010. I performed a repair on Office 2010 and macros now behave correctly.

Mike Austin, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

How to enable Office 2010 macros in Windows 10

1. How to enable Office 2010 macros in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - enable Office 2010

2. Office 2010 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 2010 on windows 10: I just installed Windows 10 a couple weeks ago upgrading from Windows 7 and all my Office 2010 programs became tiny icons and would not open. About a week after install my desktop restarted in the middle of the night and the next morning these programs were large icons and...
  3. Office 2010 compatibility with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2010 compatibility with Windows 10: Some years ago I bought a Dell computer preloaded with Windows 7 pro and also Microsoft Office 2010. Now I'm wondering if I'm going to lose these programs if I upgrade to Windows 10? I still use them and especially don't want to lose my Outlook Mail! Does anyone know if I'll...
  4. office 2010

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    office 2010: Hi, I want to install online office 2010 on my computer. Pay one time. Can I do this today? If yes, through which procedure? Thanx Rosemarie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2010/1626eb65-af13-4c78-84d4-8b6e7572643c"
  5. Office 2010 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 2010 in Windows 10: Is there some way to make the icons larger in Office 2010 ie: save, undo, redo, etc. Also how do you make the ribbon larger? I type with my eyes so it's hard to hit the icons when looking at them. Thanks for your help....
  6. office 2010

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    office 2010: After a reset of windows 10 I lost many apps. Microsoft Office 2010, Excel 2010 & Power Point 2010. If I can find the same version will it be supported by windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2010/54c65a2f-beeb-4b84-99ab-7fb74c5fae9d"
  7. How to Enable Macros in Microsoft Office?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Enable Macros in Microsoft Office?: Hi I cannot enable macros on a word document. I have changed the macros setting, but nothing changed. Should I change the security setting on my computer? If so, please instruct how to do that. [Original Title: Macros]...
  8. Office 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2010: Hi. I have had office 2010 for a long time working okay. Today I went to use word to make a presentation with some clip art and on the right side of the word page the clipart side pane had gone, So went to the top bar and selected clipart and yes it came back. Did what I...
  9. Office 2010

Office 2010: Today I did a clean install. When I tried to install my copy of Office 2010 I could not register it and had to call the 866 number and it said the copy was not valid. transferred to a real person. He had me read the Key three times to him and then told me to go to...
  10. Office 2010

Office 2010: Done a clean install of windows 10 on a new PC. Installed my Office 2010, but now I can not open some of my excel files. They are designated XLSX, and when I try to choose a app to open them excel is not listed. I need these files, anyone got ideas. Thanks. 55046