Windows 10: How to ENABLE Open File security warning on Windows 10

Discus and support How to ENABLE Open File security warning on Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am a new user from Windows 7 and I found there a nice features (Open File - Security Warning Message) is missing on my Windows 10 version 1803.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lun35037, Oct 2, 2019.

1. lun35037 Win User

How to ENABLE Open File security warning on Windows 10

I am a new user from Windows 7 and I found there a nice features (Open File - Security Warning Message) is missing on my Windows 10 version 1803.

Note: I want to ENABLE it not disable it.

I have tried to run inetcpl.cpl and reset to default, also tried to select Prompt (recommend) under Launching applications and unsafe files.

Also confirmed the Local Group Policy Editor > Attachment Manager > Do not preserve zone information in file attachments and Site to Zone Assignment List on Security page, both are on the Not configured state.

I have never seen the Open File - Security Warning message showing on my win 10. I have done everything i could including add HighRiskFileTypes .exe to HKEY_CU\.....\Policies\Associations *Rolleyes

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

lun35037, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning"

That's ok. To help clarify for everyone, which registry editing did you use and apply?

In addition, what error message are you trying to get rid of?

If you mean for the "Open-File Security Warning" message, then you could use the download in step 5 of OPTION ONE in the tutorial below to disable it.

Open File Security Warning - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2019
  4. How to ENABLE Open File security warning on Windows 10

Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet Explorer 11

I accidentally uncheck "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog box will appear again. Please help. Tried
    searching a work around to troubleshoot this problem but I could only found the steps for WINDOWS 7 only. I am using WINDOWS 10 and ie11. Thank you

***Original title: How to Re-enable "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Windows in ie11 WINDOWS 10***

Jarvis ChristianPalada, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

How to ENABLE Open File security warning on Windows 10

1. How to ENABLE Open File security warning on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - ENABLE Open File

2. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": I just started getting this message probably some pushed "update" from MS when I try to doubleclick to open one of my favorites. Very annoying. I've already tried this;I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this, that is an old setting that is a hangover from...
  3. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": I just started getting this message probably some pushed "update" from MS when I try to doubleclick to open one of my favorites. Very annoying. I've already tried this;I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this, that is an old setting that is a hangover from...
  4. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...: I unchecked "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box when downloading .XML files from within Microsoft Dynamics Navision 2018 and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog...
  6. Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...: I unchecked "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box when downloading .XML files from within Microsoft Dynamics Navision 2018 and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog...
  7. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": How to disable this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-this-security-message-open-file/180ff989-b733-43cb-949c-20cf04bed0c6
  8. Open File - Security Warning ~ how to remove

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open File - Security Warning ~ how to remove: Hi all, If I save a file such as an image to my hard drive, when I open it later from explorer I get the pop-up box for a Security Warning. It's obvious why, just protecting me from bad guys. However, this box requires me to unclick 'Always ask before opening this file'...
  9. How do I disable Open File - security warnings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable Open File - security warnings?: I want to disable security warnings when I open new files I download. I already know if I go to internet options in the control panel and change the security settings for different "zones", I can do that, but for some reason setting a custom level for these zones is greyed...
  10. How to Re-enable "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box...

How to Re-enable "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box...: I accidentally uncheck "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog box will appear again. Please help. Tried searching a work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enable open file security warning windows 10

2. script to enable launching applications and unsafe files w10