Windows 10: How to enable or disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

Discus and support How to enable or disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows 10 operating system uses a range of measures to track your app launches in order to boost your start and search results. It can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 10, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable or disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

WinClub, Sep 10, 2018
  2. George_F Win User

Cannot enable "track app launches" for "most used apps" list

Both settings below are greyed out with the message "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

1. Privacy/Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results

2. Personalization/Start/Show most used apps

I cannot find a way to enable them. Tried sfc /scannow in Safe Mode, setting Data collection to Full, disable/enable Cortana. Also verified the following group policies, leaving them to 'Not configured' (and also trying 'Disabled'):

"Turn off user tracking"

"Remove frequent programs list from the Start Menu"

"Turn off personalized menus".

Don't know what else I can try, apart from reinstalling Windows which would be an over-the-top solution. Using the latest W10 x64 Pro (stable version).

Thanks for any help.

George_F, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\All Settings: these are the changed ones:

How to enable or disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I compared the above with my other PC, and they are exactly the same. On that PC however, App Launch Tracking works normally and can be enabled/disabled.

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\All Settings: all is 'Not configured'

I couldn't find something relevant in the Resultant Set of Policy.

AmigaRoots, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

1. How to enable or disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - enable disable App

2. "Let Windows track app launches" automatically re-enables

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Let Windows track app launches" automatically re-enables: I prefer to have the privacy setting "Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results" disabled in my settings, but every time I turn it off it turns itself back on when I restart my PC. This doesn't happen with any other settings I have. Is there any fix...
  3. Archive Apps feature in Windows 10; How to Enable or Disable Archive Apps?

in Windows 10 News
    Archive Apps feature in Windows 10; How to Enable or Disable Archive Apps?: [ATTACH]I am sure at one point you must have noticed that there are apps and games on your Windows PC which you have rarely used. However, these apps have been updated regularly or keep running in the background. While one way is to uninstall such apps, but that means you...
  4. Native Android app support for Windows 10 is still on track for 2021 launch

in Windows 10 News
    Native Android app support for Windows 10 is still on track for 2021 launch: After abandoning Project Astoria, Microsoft has been looking into ways of bringing Android apps to Windows 10 and it has already enabled streaming support via the Your Phone app for select Samsung phones. Microsoft’s latest idea is “Project Latte”, which aims to help...
  5. How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendar in Windows 10 Calendar app

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendar in Windows 10 Calendar app: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Calendar app has many interesting features such as connect your Google Calendar, […] This article How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendar in Windows 10 Calendar app first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. how to disable smart package tracking

how to disable smart package tracking: I have smart package tracking app in my address line and it opens automatically when I start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-smart-package-tracking/9250af64-5db4-49d8-a486-9376ffd3c853
  7. how to disable smart package tracking

how to disable smart package tracking: I have smart package tracking app in my address line and it opens automatically when I start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-smart-package-tracking/b456e02e-5c04-466f-bfc0-3a8140ce9d39
  8. Enable or Disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 Windows can personalize your Start menu based on the apps that you launch. This allows you to quickly have access to your list of Most used apps both...
  9. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Pre-launching in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Pre-launching in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Pre-launching in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Pre-launching at Startup in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...
  10. Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 Windows can personalize your Start menu based on the apps that you launch. This allows you to quickly have access to your list of Most used apps both in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable swift app on windows