Windows 10: How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge

Discus and support How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There are times when websites ask for audio, video, or screen capture permission in whatever browser you are using. Here is how you can enable or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge

There are times when websites ask for audio, video, or screen capture permission in whatever browser you are using. Here is how you can enable or disable audio, video, and screen capture in the Edge browser. Let’s say you do not want to disallow video calls while using the Microsoft Edge browser. To do so, you have to block at least two things – audio and video capture. Similarly, if you want to turn off the screen-sharing facility, you can do that too.

You can change this setting using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor. If you use the GPEDIT method, you need to download the Group Policy templates for the Edge browser. If you use the REGEDIT method, don’t forget to backup all Registry files.

Enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge using GPEDIT

To enable or disable audio, video, and screen capture in Edge, follow these steps-

1. Press Win+R to open the Run prompt.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and hit the Enter button.
    3. Go to Microsoft Edge in the Computer Configuration.
    4. Double-click on the Allow or block audio capture setting.
    5. Select the Disabled option.
    6. Click the OK button.
    7. Open the Allow or block video capture and Allow or deny screen capture settings.
    8. Select the Disabled option.
    9. Click the OK button.

To learn more about these steps, keep reading.

At first, you have to open the Local Group Policy Editor on your computer. For that, press Win+R, type gpedit.msc, and hit the Enter button. Once it is opened, navigate to the following path-

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Classic Administrative Templates > Microsoft Edge

Here you can find three settings called:

• Allow or block audio capture
    • Allow or block video capture
    • Allow or deny screen capture

To block audio capture, double-click on the first setting. Similarly, if you want to turn off video or screen capture, double-click on the second or third setting, respectively.

Now, select the Disabled option and click the OK button.

How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge enable-disable-audio-video-screen-capture-edge.png

Next, if you want to allow a particular site to show the permission prompt, here is how you can set that up.

For that, double-click on the Sites that can access audio capture devices without requesting permission or Sites that can access video capture devices without requesting permission.

How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge enable-disable-audio-video-screen-capture-edge-1.png

Select the Enabled option and click the Show button.

How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge enable-disable-audio-video-screen-capture-edge-2.png

Next, enter the desired website URL and click the OK button twice to save the change.

If you want to revert all the changes, open the same settings, select the Not Configured option, and click on the OK button.

Turn on or off Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge using REGEDIT

To turn on or off audio, video, and screen capture in Edge using REGEDIT, follow these steps-

1. Search for regedit in the Taskbar search box.
    2. Click on the individual result.
    3. Select the Yes button.
    4. Navigate to Microsoft in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    5. Right-click on Microsoft > New > Key.
    6. Name it as Edge.
    7. Right-click on Edge > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    8. Name it as AudioCaptureAllowed or VideoCaptureAllowed, or ScreenCaptureAllowed.
    9. Keep the value data as 0.

Let’s delve into these steps in detail.

At first, you have to open the Registry Editor on your computer. For that, you can search for regedit in the Taskbar search box, click on the individual search result, and select the Yes option.

Next, navigate to the following path-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft

Here you have to create a sub-key. To do this, right-click on the Microsoft key, select New > Key, and name it Edge.

How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge enable-disable-audio-video-screen-capture-edge-3.png

Next, right-click on the Edge key, select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it as AudioCaptureAllowed or VideoCaptureAllowed, or ScreenCaptureAllowed.

The first option lets you disable audio capture, whereas the second and third options let you turn off the video and screen capture, respectively.

By default, it carries the Value data of 0, and you have to keep it to turn off audio capture in the Edge browser.

How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge enable-disable-audio-video-screen-capture-edge-4.png

Like the GPEDIT method, you can allow a particular website to access audio and video capture facilities. You need to follow these steps to get it done.

Right-click on the Edge key, select New > Key and name it as AudioCaptureAllowedUrls or VideoCaptureAllowedUrls.

How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge enable-disable-audio-video-screen-capture-edge-5.png

As these names define, the first option lets you configure the audio-related settings whereas the latter option lets you configure the video-related settings.

Now, right-click on AudioCaptureAllowedUrls or VideoCaptureAllowedUrls, select New > String Value, and name it as 1.

How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge enable-disable-audio-video-screen-capture-edge-6.png

Double-click on 1, and enter the website URL as the Value data.

How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge enable-disable-audio-video-screen-capture-edge-7.png

Click on the OK button to save the change.

If you want to revert all the changes, you can right-click on the Edge key, select the Delete option, and click on the Yes button. It will delete the Edge key and all the sub-keys and REG_DWORD values at once.

Hope this guide helped.

Read: How to enable Audio Sandbox in Edge browser.

How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge enable-disable-audio-video-screen-capture-edge.png
    This article How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 11, 2021

2. Video and Audio Capture

I am using Windows 10 64 with latest update. I am using Cyberlink Power Director 15 and Honestech capture and production software. Last year the software worked just fine. Now I cannot capture any video/audio. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the
    software. Immediate after I got video, but no audio. Then on retry, back to no audio or video. Is there a button in Windows that I need to select/change? I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Everything seems installed properly. I verified
    signal input to the capture devices: convert VHS to USB signal. As I said I did get one video signal input.

DaleAllen4, May 11, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Video capture has a black screen and working audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• Which application are you using to record the screen?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game Bar to record the screen, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

Change Game Bar settings:

I would suggest you to change the capture settings for Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Captures on the left pane.
    4. Under Recorded video, change the
      Video frame rate
      to 60 fps.
    5. Now, set the Video quality to
      high
      from the drop down.

Change the game video settings:

You may also want to change the video settings for the game to full screen windowed mode.

Check Xbox Game Monitoring service:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down and look for Xbox Game Monitoring, and see if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running, right click on the service and select
      Start.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 11, 2021
  4. Littrell Win User

Video screen capture

How can I capture a video of my screen, with audio (me speaking)?

Littrell, May 11, 2021
Thema:

1. How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge - Similar Threads - enable disable Audio

2. Disable or Enable Video background on Edge new Tab page

in Windows 10 News
    Disable or Enable Video background on Edge new Tab page: [IMG]Microsoft has been focusing on its Edge browser heavily. As a result, the Edge browser is getting newer features from time to time, such as Bing AI, Video background, etc. In this post, we will show you how to Disable or Enable Video background on Edge’s new Tab page on...
  3. Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?

in Browsers and Email
    Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?: Edge wont let me screen capture video which is extremely strange. All I get is a black screen. Many people have complained about this. Is there a fix? 179919
  4. Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?: Edge wont let me screen capture video which is extremely strange. All I get is a black screen. Many people have complained about this. Is there a fix? 179919
  5. How to Enable or Disable Add Video Comments in PDF in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Add Video Comments in PDF in Microsoft Edge: In Microsoft Edge Beta, Dev, and Canary channels, you can enable or disable the Add video comments in PDF experimental flag that allows you to add YouTube videos and .webm format videos that are hosted online (like OneDrive, GDrive etc) to PDFs as comments. Edge will support...
  6. Video screen capture

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Video screen capture: How can I capture a video of my screen, with audio me speaking? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-screen-capture/183b56e7-b82d-496b-9a56-ccaecbcd2e37
  7. Laggy Video and Choppy Audio from Screen Recorder Captures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laggy Video and Choppy Audio from Screen Recorder Captures: Occasionally, I like to use Windows 10's Game Bar to perform Screen Captures from disks I run on VLC. For the longest time, I had no issues, but recently I've encountered the problem of each new capture I make having audio distortions. The sound is choppy, when there is no...
  8. Video and Audio Capture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video and Audio Capture: I am using Windows 10 64 with latest update. I am using Cyberlink Power Director 15 and Honestech capture and production software. Last year the software worked just fine. Now I cannot capture any video/audio. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Immediate...
  9. Video capture has a black screen and working audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video capture has a black screen and working audio: Hello, When using video capture all I get is audio and a black screen. I did not have this problem before, then I recorded many videos. I have not use Capture for a period so I don't now when this problem arrived. thanks and regards...
  10. BSOD screen capture of video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD screen capture of video: I was doing a screen capture of a video on You Tube when this bsod occurred;1st since updating to windows 10 Pro. This bsod was a light blue color with very little writing, but didn’t get error code/report as to why it happened but did disable auto reboot. 56330