Windows 10: How to enable or disable AutoFill for Addresses and Credit Cards in Edge on Windows 10

Discus and support How to enable or disable AutoFill for Addresses and Credit Cards in Edge on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Autofill helps you fill-up an online form quicker than ever. But if you do not want to store your credit card details you can disable Autofil in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 13, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable or disable AutoFill for Addresses and Credit Cards in Edge on Windows 10

Autofill helps you fill-up an online form quicker than ever. But if you do not want to store your credit card details you can disable Autofil in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.

Microsoft Edge is one of the best browsers for Windows 10 and some other platforms, allowing users to browse the internet without any problem. Like passwords, you can autofill all the addresses and credit card fields in the Edge browser. This tutorial helps you enable or disable them via the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor.

It is recommended to create a backup of Registry files before making any change in the Registry Editor.

Enable or disable AutoFill for addresses and credit cards in Edge

To enable or disable AutoFill for addresses and credit cards in Edge, follow these steps-

1. Press Win+R to open the Run prompt.
    2. Type regedit and hit the Enter button.
    3. Click the Yes button.
    4. Navigate to Microsoft in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    5. Right-click on Microsoft > New > Key.
    6. Call it Edge.
    7. Right-click on Edge > New > Key.
    8. Name it as Recommended.
    9. Right-click on Recommended > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    10. Name them as AutofillAddressEnabled and AutofillCreditCardEnabled.
    11. Double-click on each of them to set the Value data as 1.
    12. Click the OK button.

To learn more about these steps, keep reading.

First, you have to open the Registry Editor on your computer. For that, press Win+R, type regedit and hit the Enter button. If the UAC prompt appears, click the Yes button visible in it.

Then, navigate to this path-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft

If you can see Edge > Recommended key inside Microsoft, you do not have to follow the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th steps. Otherwise, you have to create them manually.

For that, right-click on Microsoft > New > Key and name it Edge.

How to enable or disable AutoFill for Addresses and Credit Cards in Edge on Windows 10 enable-disable-auto-addesss-credit-card-edge.png

Then right-click on Edge > New > Key, and call it Recommended.

Next, right-click on the Recommended key, and select New > DWORD (32-bit) value.

How to enable or disable AutoFill for Addresses and Credit Cards in Edge on Windows 10 enable-disable-auto-addesss-credit-card-edge-1.png

You have to set the name as AutofillAddressEnabled. Double-click on it to set the Value data as 1. This DWORD value helps you enable autofill for addresses.

How to enable or disable AutoFill for Addresses and Credit Cards in Edge on Windows 10 enable-disable-auto-addesss-credit-card-edge-2.png

If you want to turn on autofill for credit cards, follow the same steps to create a DWORD value named AutofillCreditCardEnabled. Set the Value data as 1.

In case you want to disable autofill for addresses and credit cards, set the Value data as 0.

Read: How to manage Credit Card info and Addresses on Microsoft Edge.

Turn on or off AutoFill for addresses and credit cards in Edge using Group Policy

To turn on or off autofill for addresses and credit cards in Edge using Group Policy, follow these steps-

1. Press Win+R to display the Run prompt.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and hit the Enter button.
    3. Navigate to Microsoft Edge – Default Settings in Computer Configuration.
    4. Double-click on Enable AutoFill for address and Enable AutoFill for credit cards settings.
    5. Select the Enabled option.
    6. Click the OK button.

First, you have to open the Local Group Policy Editor on your computer. For that, press Win+R, type gpedit.msc, and hit the Enter button. Then, navigate to this path-

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Classic Administrative Templates > Microsoft Edge - Default Settings

Double-click on Enable AutoFill for addresses and Enable AutoFill for credit cards settings one after one and select the Enabled option.

How to enable or disable AutoFill for Addresses and Credit Cards in Edge on Windows 10 enable-disable-auto-addesss-credit-card-edge-3.png

Next, click the OK button to save the change.

In case you want to disable autofill for addresses and credit cards in Edge browser, you can choose either the Not Configured or Disabled option from the setting window.

If you are using Edge on Android, check out how you can set up autofill for Credit Cards in Edge for Android.

That’s all! Hope these guides help.

How to enable or disable AutoFill for Addresses and Credit Cards in Edge on Windows 10 enable-disable-auto-addesss-credit-card-edge-1.png
    This article How to enable or disable AutoFill for Addresses and Credit Cards in Edge on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 13, 2021

2. Autofill in Microsoft Edge is very limited on Windows 10

Original title: Autofill in edge very limited

Edge autofill does not complete email address/credit card details - only very limited material is added. I see no way of editing the autofill content

John Leane, Mar 13, 2021
  3. 16takes Win User
    Autofill for microsoft edge

I believe what is being talked about here is an autofill tool on the toolbar offered by google. All the user had to do was click on the tool and all the fields on a webpage form would atuo populate with the saved information preset by the user. The tool
    also stored credit card information, security code, card expiration, name on credit card and an alternate credit card at the users choosing. The tool required a password to autofill credit card information or to update or change any information. This was
    extremely handy! I'm really upset that I can't get this back.

16takes, Mar 13, 2021
  4. NMI
    NMI Win User

How to enable or disable AutoFill for Addresses and Credit Cards in Edge on Windows 10

How to remove history in address bar in Edge?

Chromium was not mentioned.

How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Windows 10

Thema:

1. How to enable or disable AutoFill for Addresses and Credit Cards in Edge on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - enable disable AutoFill

2. How to Enable or Disable Printing in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Printing in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge allows its users to print web content that includes the options to […] This article How to Enable or Disable Printing in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. autofill email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    autofill email address: I typed an email address incorrectly and, every time I create a new email autofill pops up with the incorrect email address. How do I delete that incorrect address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autofill-email-address/56ce0dcf-2b1e-4981-9cec-67b893419eb0
  4. Autofill address Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autofill address Mail for Windows 10: How does one delete an address from the autofill pop up from Mail for Windows 10 Version 16005.12430.20136.0. I have researched this problem for hours and have not found a solution. Many sites have suggested to start typing the name in the To: box and when the addresses...
  5. How to re-enable address bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to re-enable address bar in Edge: Version 1903 OS Build 18362.533 Since yesterday I have been unable to type in the address bar or the Bing Search box. I can't even use copy/paste to get something in it. I found various suggestions of which I am using the link How to Reinstall Microsoft Edge Browser in...
  6. autofill email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    autofill email address: How do I get Windows 10 to autofill my email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autofill-email-address/7654fc9b-3dcd-4a0a-a341-a54f73a314e0
  7. Credit Card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credit Card: How & where to change credit card information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credit-card/6c24b1ee-1254-450d-9066-ccd729063925"
  8. How to manage Credit Card info and Addresses on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage Credit Card info and Addresses on Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Web browsers are growing to be smarter. With each release, the developers are adding new features to the modern web browsers to help users in getting their work done faster and in an easier manner on the Internet. One such [...] This post How to manage...
  9. Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge: How to: Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge How to Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is...
  10. Enable or Disable Autofill in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Autofill in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Autofill in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Autofill in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...