Windows 10: How to Enable or Disable Battery Limit in Surface devices

Discus and support How to Enable or Disable Battery Limit in Surface devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Batteries have a declining life. As you keep charging and discharging, the time Surface runs on battery declines. To make sure battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 31, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Enable or Disable Battery Limit in Surface devices

WinClub, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Introducing the Battery Limit feature for Surface devices

Source: Introducing the Battery Limit feature for Surface devices Surface

Brink, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft: Software fix coming Surface Pro 3 models w/ battery issues

UPDATE: Microsoft has now published a changelog for the update, confirming that this was the only fix.

*Arrow Surface Pro 3 Battery FAQ for the 8/29/2016 System Firmware Update

[table][tr]Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name [/tr] [tr][td]System Firmware Update – 8/29/2016[/td] [td]Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware
    • v38.10.90.0 corrects an error that may occur on a limited number of Surface Pro 3 devices where the full charge capacity of the battery is misreported to the operating system and device firmware. This update corrects the firmware component that functions as a "fuel gauge" so that the battery capacity is accurately reported. See Surface Pro 3 Battery FAQ for the 8/29/2016 System Firmware Update for more information.
    [/td] [/tr] [/table]

Brink, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Enable or Disable Battery Limit in Surface devices - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Battery

2. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable/Disable Audio devices: Hi,I want to enable/disable audio devices listed in sound control panel mmsys.cpl but either through programmatically or through any power shell commands/scripts.I tried using WMI APIs, Core Audio APIs, pnputil, devcon utilities. But with any of these I am either able to...
  3. how to disable/enable virtualization in surface to install or run emulator in surface...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable/enable virtualization in surface to install or run emulator in surface...: how to disable/enable virtualization in surface to install or run emulator in surface windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disableenable-virtualization-in-surface-to/b6c13d6a-26df-4b94-b8e4-b32e14dfc588
  4. how to disable/enable virtualization in surface to install or run emulator in surface...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable/enable virtualization in surface to install or run emulator in surface...: how to disable/enable virtualization in surface to install or run emulator in surface windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disableenable-virtualization-in-surface-to/b6c13d6a-26df-4b94-b8e4-b32e14dfc588
  5. Battery limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery limit: Hi, I would like to ask a question, I have HP pavilion gaming 15 laptop with Windows 11, and I would like to limit full battery charge capacity to 80%, because I mostly have the pc plugged in when I play games. Is There any option to do it? Some say that in BIOS I sjould find...
  6. Battery limit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery limit: Hi, I would like to ask a question, I have HP pavilion gaming 15 laptop with Windows 11, and I would like to limit full battery charge capacity to 80%, because I mostly have the pc plugged in when I play games. Is There any option to do it? Some say that in BIOS I sjould find...
  7. How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10: One of the things that we can not take for granted is our battery life. If you are using a Windows 10 laptop, you may want to use Battery Saver to extend the battery life of your computer. In this article, we are going to see some easy methods to enable or disable Battery...
  8. How to disable & enable a Device with a shortcut/macro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable & enable a Device with a shortcut/macro?: Long story short, I regularly (multiple times daily) have to disable and re-enable my wi-fi adapter from the Device Manager. Is there a way to create a batch file or macro to be able to click one icon/shortcut to run these 10 or so clicks automatically? The closest I...
  9. Surface Pro battery limit option not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro battery limit option not showing: I have a surface pro 4 which is constantly connected to power. To prolong battery life, I want to turn on battery limit mode, where the power supply does not charge the surface pro more if the battery is more than 50% full. However, in the surface UEFI, under boot...
  10. Introducing the Battery Limit feature for Surface devices

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the Battery Limit feature for Surface devices: We know that Surface devices provide great mobility experiences and fantastic battery life to power those experiences, even eliminating the need to carry around a charger for our latest devices with all-day battery life. We also know that not everyone uses our devices in this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off windows battery limit uefi

2. surface 3 disable battery limit