Windows 10: How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10

Discus and support How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the things that we can not take for granted is our battery life. If you are using a Windows 10 laptop, you may want to use Battery Saver to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 3, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10

One of the things that we can not take for granted is our battery life. If you are using a Windows 10 laptop, you may want to use Battery Saver to extend the battery life of your computer. In this article, we are going to see some easy methods to enable or disable Battery Saver in Windows 10.

Enable or Disable Battery Saver in Windows 10

Battery Saver can really help in extending the Battery life of your computer if you have a long day. If you enable the Battery Saver in Windows 10, your computer’s settings will be altered in a way to save battery. It will decrease your system’s speed, brightness, and other feature in order to preserve the battery.

These are the ways by which you can enable or disable Battery Saver in Windows 10.

1. From Action Center
    2. From Settings
    3. From Taskbar Notification icon
    4. From Command Prompt

Let us talk about them in detail.

1] From Action Center

How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10 battery-saver-action-center.jpg

Let us start with the simplest method of them all. Windows 10 Action Center has a shortcut to enable or disable Battery Saver in Windows 10.

So, click on the “Notification” icon from the Taskbar to enter Action Center and click on the Battery Saver icon to enable or disable it. This is the easiest method to enable or disable Battery Saver in Windows 10.

2] From Settings

How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10 battery-saver-settings.jpg

If you are not seeing the Battery Saver icon or Action Center in general you can use Settings to enable Battery Saver. To do that, follow the prescribed steps:

1. Launch Settings by Win + X > Settings.
    2. Click System > Battery.
    3. Use the toggle from the “Battery Saver” section to enable or disable it.

You can even configure Battery Saver here by setting a percentage after which you want the Battery Saver to enabled from the “Turn battery saver on automatically at”option.

Read: How to fix Battery drain issues in Windows 10.

3] From Taskbar Notification icon

How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10 Battery-Saver-Taskbar.jpg

Another easy method to enable Battery Saver is via Taskbar. It is a shortcut and can be a great alternative if the first method didn’t work for you.

So, to enable Battery Saver, click on the Battery icon from the Taskbar and select Battery Saver. This way you can enable or disable Battery Saver instantly.

Read: Useful PowerCFG commands.

4] From Command Prompt

How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10 Battery-Saver-command-prompt.jpg

The Command Prompt does not allow you to enable or disable Battery Saver instead you can configure Battery Saver via it. So, launch Command Prompt as an administrator from the Start Menu, type the following command and hit Enter.

powercfg /setdcvalueindex scheme_current sub_energysaver esbattthreshold <Batterypercentage>

Replace, <Batterypercentage> with the percentage after which you want your Battery Saver to be enabled.

These were the methods by which you can enable or disable Battery Saver in Windows 10.

You might want to also take a look at Tips to extend Battery Life and this Laptop Battery Usage Tips & Optimization Guide.

How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10 battery-saver-action-center.jpg
    This article How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 3, 2021
  2. John Fer Win User

Battery Saver Mode not working Windows 10 pro

Thank you for the information. There are several ways on how to turn On or Off battery saver in Windows 10. We suggest trying the steps below and check If it will work for you:

Method 1:

• Open the Action Center (Windows key +
      A
      ).
    • Click on the Battery saver action button to toggle it On or Off.

Method 2:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and turn On or Off the
      Battery saver status until next charge
      option.
    • Close Settings once done.

Method 3:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and check the “Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below:”.
    • Adjust the slider to the battery percentage level you want.
    • Check or uncheck the Lower screen brightness while in battery saver option if you want.
    • Close Settings once done.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, May 3, 2021
  3. John Fer Win User
    Battery Saver Mode not working Windows 10 pro

Hi,

This might be caused by system conflict. We suggest checking this article to know more about battery saver. On the
    article, go to the Use battery saver section and follow the steps on how to turn on the battery saver.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, May 3, 2021
  4. How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10

How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

Hi,

You are receiving Battery Saver notifications to help you prolong the battery life of your desktop. To help you resolve this concern, we would like to suggest these steps to turn off the notifications from battery saver:

• Open Settings app.
    • Select System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions tab.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery Saver. Turn off the slider.

Let us know if the above steps resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, May 3, 2021
Thema:

How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10

1. How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Battery

2. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Saver: Hello! I can't turn on my battery saver.. Everything else works except this.. I have tried everything to fix this.. But nothing works. Please kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/bc307650-6904-428a-b1fb-75b6172e7dc3
  3. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Saver: Hello! I can't turn on my battery saver.. Everything else works except this.. I have tried everything to fix this.. But nothing works. Please kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/bc307650-6904-428a-b1fb-75b6172e7dc3
  4. I cannot enable battery saver mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot enable battery saver mode: Hello there. I have problem enabling Battery saver when I am running my laptop on battery. When I press it it is just nothing happening. Anyway when I navigate to Start -> settings -> system -> battery and click the toggle it turns on. What I have tried so far: 3 reinstalls...
  5. Disable OneDrive Pauses In Battery Saver Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable OneDrive Pauses In Battery Saver Mode: OneDrive keeps pausing automatically every time I am running in battery save mode and I have to keep enabling it manually. How do I disable this annoying setting?...
  6. Windows 10 - Disable screen saver on battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Disable screen saver on battery: I have been looking through the power settings, screen saver settings, and searching online for any 3rd party utilities, but can't seem to find a solution.. Is there some way for a screen saver to be enabled only when plugged-in? I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1803. I have...
  7. Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync in Battery Saver Mode

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync in Battery Saver Mode: How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync in Battery Saver Mode How to Enable or Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when in Battery Saver Mode in Windows 10 Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse,...
  8. Enable or Disable Screen Saver in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Screen Saver in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Screen Saver in Windows How to Enable or Disable Screen Saver in Windows A screen saver is a moving picture or pattern that displays on the screen(s) of your PC after you have not been active on the PC for specified period of time to wait....
  9. Enable or Disable Changing Screen Saver in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Changing Screen Saver in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Changing Screen Saver in Windows How to Enable or Disable Changing Screen Saver in Windows A screen saver is a moving picture or pattern that displays on the screen(s) of your PC after you have not been active on the PC for specified period of...
  10. Energy Saver Mode - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Energy Saver Mode - Enable or Disable in Windows 10: How to: Energy Saver Mode - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Energy Saver Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 introduces a new Energy Saver mode power option to help conserve the battery when the battery level reaches a specified...