Windows 10: How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10

Discus and support How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Search can show search results from your cloud storage accounts. However, if you want to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in the Taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 2, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10

Windows Search can show search results from your cloud storage accounts. However, if you want to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in the Taskbar search box, here is how you can do that. It is possible to turn it on or off using Windows Settings, Registry Editor, and Local Group Policy Editor, allowing you to get the job done without third-party tools.

Windows Search is a feature-rich and powerful tool, allowing users to find a file whenever needed. There could be times when you want to get files from your OneDrive, Outlook, Bing, or other online services. As it indexes files and folders according to the user’s requirements, it is possible to include or exclude cloud contents in a Taskbar search result.

How to disable Cloud content search using Windows Settings

You can Allow or Disallow Windows Search to provide results from the apps and services that you are signed in to your Microsoft, Work or School account. To enable or disable Cloud content search using Windows Settings, follow these steps:

1. Press Win+I to open Windows Settings.
    2. Go to Search > Permissions & History.
    3. Toggle the Microsoft account and Word or School account buttons.

To learn more about these steps, keep reading.

At first, you have to open Windows Settings on your PC. For that, press Win+I and go to Search > Permissions & History.

Here you can find a heading called Cloud content search. You have to toggle the Microsoft account and Work or School account according to your requirements.

How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10 enable-disable-cloud-content-search.jpg

If they are already enabled, and you want to turn them off or vice versa, toggle the same buttons.

Turn off Cloud content search using Group Policy

To enable or disable Cloud content search using Group Policy, follow these steps:

1. Press Win+R to open the Run box.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and press the Enter button.
    3. Go to Search in Computer Configuration.
    4. Double-click on the Allow Cloud Search setting.
    5. Select the Enabled option to turn on and Disabled to turn off.
    6. Click the OK button.

To know more about these steps, continue reading.

At first, you have to open the Local Group Policy Editor. For that, press Win+R, type gpedit.msc, and hit the Enter button.

Then, navigate to the following path:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

Here you can find a setting named Allow Cloud Search. Double-click on this setting and select the Enabled option to turn it on or Disabled option to turn it off.

How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10 enable-disable-cloud-content-search-1.png

If you choose the Enabled option, you can select one among these three settings:

• Disable Cloud Search
    • Enable Cloud Search
    • User Selected

Choose the Enable Cloud Search option if you select the Enabled option. Otherwise, you don’t have to select anything.

Click the OK button to save the change.

Turn on or off Cloud content search using Registry

To turn on or off Cloud content search using Registry, follow these steps:

1. Search for regedit in the Taskbar search box.
    2. Click on the individual result and select the Yes option.
    3. Navigate to Windows in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    4. Right-click on Windows > New > Key.
    5. Set the name as Windows Search.
    6. Right-click on Windows Search > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    7. Name it as AllowCloudSearch.
    8. Double-click on it to set the Value data.
    9. Keep 0 to disable and 1 to enable.
    10. Click the OK button.

Let’s check out these steps in detail.

To get started, search for regedit in the Taskbar search box, click on the individual result and select the Yes option to open Registry Editor. Following that, navigate to this path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows

Right-click on Windows > New > Key and set the name as Windows Search.

How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10 enable-disable-cloud-content-search-2.png

Then, right-click on the Windows Search > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and set the name as AllowCloudSearch.

How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10 enable-disable-cloud-content-search-3.png

If you don’t want to show the Cloud results in Windows search results, keep the Value data as 0. However, if you want to show the results, double-click on it, set the Value data as 1, and click the OK button to save the change.

How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10 enable-disable-cloud-content-search-4.png

However, if you want to enable or disable Cloud content search for Microsoft and Work or School account specifically, you need to follow these steps.

Open the Registry Editor, and navigate to this path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SearchSettings

Right-click on the SearchSettings > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it as:

• IsMSACloudSearchEnabled (for Microsoft account) or
    • IsAADCloudSearchEnabled (for Work or School account).

How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10 enable-disable-cloud-content-search-5.png

Keep the Value data as 0 to hide the Cloud content search and set the Value data as 1 to show the results.

That’s all! Hope this tutorial helped.

Read: Search Settings in Windows 10 – Permissions, History, Searching Windows

How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10 enable-disable-cloud-content-search.jpg
    This article How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 2, 2021
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Jun 2, 2021
  3. How to access or enable Search box in Windows 10 computer?

Hi Bogue,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if search bar is disable from taskbar.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you disable search box through taskbar?

If you want to access search bar which is next to the Start Menu, then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Toolbars.

3. Click on Cortana and click on Show Search box.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 2, 2021
  4. How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10

No search box on taskbar How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10 :(

Hi Keith,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about search box in Windows 10.

Please try the below and check if you can see search bar on taskbar:

Steps:

• Right click on Taskbar, move the mouse cursor on to
      Search
      option.
    • Select Show Search icon (You will see Search icon beside Start)
    • Select Show search bar (You will see Search bar beside Start)

Check with the above and let us know if it helps, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10

1. How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - enable disable Cloud

2. How do I enable Cloud Content Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable Cloud Content Search: I want use cloud content search all the time but for some reason, today it just stopped working is there any way to get it to work again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-cloud-content-search/537d8579-2508-42b1-85f9-beb2d032ec4f
  3. How do I enable Cloud Content Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I enable Cloud Content Search: I want use cloud content search all the time but for some reason, today it just stopped working is there any way to get it to work again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-cloud-content-search/537d8579-2508-42b1-85f9-beb2d032ec4f
  4. How to clear or disable Taskbar Search Box History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear or disable Taskbar Search Box History in Windows 10: If you do not want the Search box on your Taskbar to display the History of your searches, then this post will help you. Microsoft allows its users to be able to make use of both the Start menu and the Taskbar to make searches on Windows 10. Although they both use the same...
  5. Explorer search box - temp hide/disable (not taskbar search).

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer search box - temp hide/disable (not taskbar search).: Reading elsewhere it seems that the idea of wanting to hide/disable the Explorer search box is stupid .... I have multiple duplicates from years of being paranoid (copies of backups and vice versa). Now housekeeping "extreme". On my 1920x1080 screen even with navigation pane...
  6. Search Box in the Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box in the Taskbar: I am not able to use the search box present in the taskbar,whenever i click on it nothing happens and it does not open, i have tried restarting windows explorer and have also repaired registry.Please Help as it is very annoying....
  7. How To Enable the Windows 10 Cortana Search Box

in Cortana
    How To Enable the Windows 10 Cortana Search Box: Hello. My problem is that. I changed my computer to English. I set the region to the United States. I can open the Cortana application by pressing the Cortana icon, but cortana and search settings do not appear in the settings screen. My goal is to use Cortana in the search...
  8. Search box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search box on Taskbar: Hello, Is there any way to change search engine from Bing to google in Windows 10 search box on the taskbar? I have read from other posts that it is possible you change bing to google in your browser, but it is not possible to change bing in the search box on the taskbar in...
  9. Search Box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box on Taskbar: Just updated Windows 10 and my Search Box on my Taskbar no longer functions--just a blank box. How can I recover my Search Utility? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/38bb2870-91c0-4860-a66a-2398334a8f83"
  10. Enable or Disable Show Cloud Content in Search Results in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Show Cloud Content in Search Results in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Show Cloud Content in Search Results in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Show Cloud Content in Search Results in Windows 10 Search on your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows. Starting with Windows 10 build...