Windows 10: How to Enable or Disable Desktop Search Bar in Windows 11

Discus and support How to Enable or Disable Desktop Search Bar in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]The Desktop search bar in Windows 11 appears on the desktop outside of the Widgets panel. It helps you access web search results directly from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 27, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Enable or Disable Desktop Search Bar in Windows 11

How to Enable or Disable Desktop Search Bar in Windows 11 [​IMG]
    The Desktop search bar in Windows 11 appears on the desktop outside of the Widgets panel. It helps you access web search results directly from your desktop without opening a browser. As of right now, the feature is available for only a limited number of users, so it may not be available to everyone right […]

This article How to Enable or Disable Desktop Search Bar in Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 27, 2022
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 27, 2022
  4. How to Enable or Disable Desktop Search Bar in Windows 11

Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

How to Enable or Disable Desktop Search Bar in Windows 11

1. How to Enable or Disable Desktop Search Bar in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Desktop

2. How to disabled search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disabled search bar: Hello, I wish to disable the search bar to prevent users from typing into it. I used to did by going to this directoryC:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy and renaming the searchUI.exe. Now I am using windows 10 PRO version 19044 and i realized the...
  3. How to disabled search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disabled search bar: Hello, I wish to disable the search bar to prevent users from typing into it. I used to did by going to this directoryC:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy and renaming the searchUI.exe. Now I am using windows 10 PRO version 19044 and i realized the...
  4. How to disabled search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to enable search bar history results.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable search bar history results.: Bing search bar was displaying a drop down box of my previous search results. Its gone. I have tried restting all my settings, turning things off and on, do i need to reinstall. Its so frustrating i really do not like this bloated browser and im shocked to find you cant take...
  6. How to enable search bar history results.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable search bar history results.: Bing search bar was displaying a drop down box of my previous search results. Its gone. I have tried restting all my settings, turning things off and on, do i need to reinstall. Its so frustrating i really do not like this bloated browser and im shocked to find you cant take...
  7. How to enable and use Search bar in Task Manager of Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and use Search bar in Task Manager of Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this tutorial, we will help you with how to enable and use the Search bar in Task Manager of Windows 11. The new Task Manager in Windows 11 comes with a beautiful UI, a dedicated Settings page, and a navigation pane to access Processes, App history, Users,...
  8. Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge: How to: Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge How to Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is...
  9. Enable or Disable Floating Immersive Search Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Floating Immersive Search Bar in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Floating Immersive Search Bar in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Floating Immersive Search Bar in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17040, there is a hidden new floating Search bar that can be enabled for a more immersive Cortana...
  10. Enable or Disable Search Indexing in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Search Indexing in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Search Indexing in Windows How to Enable or Disable Search Indexing in Windows Indexing the contents of your PC helps you get faster results when you're searching it for files and other things. Learn how it works. Indexing is the process of...