Windows 10: How to enable or disable IP Helper Service in Windows 10

Discus and support How to enable or disable IP Helper Service in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]IP Helper Service (iphlpsvc) is a pre-installed program on Windows 10 devices. Disabling this […] This article How to enable or disable IP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 12, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable or disable IP Helper Service in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 12, 2020

2. Service Host Using LOTS of Memory. Services: WMI and IP Helper

Just an update...

I managed to solve my issue by disabling the service "Ip Helper" which belongs to service host and restarting the computer.

The leak stopped and I haven't found any more problems since then.

However, this isn't the right fix. The right thing to do was to know why the two services inside service host(IP Helper and WMI) are conflicting with each other causing a leak.

Maybe your leak isn't coming from the same services as mine so I suggest stopping each one individually until you find the ones that are causing the leak.

Once you've done that try keeping them disabled and restart your computer.

I managed to keep IP Helper disabled without causing any malfunctions to my system.

Good luck.

Lewis Duarte, Nov 12, 2020
  3. link626 Win User
    ip helper and WMI service. Huge memory leaks. IP Helper not fixed?

w10 1909

Does anyone know why IP Helper service causes such a huge memory leak?

on google, this seems to be an ongoing problem since windows 7.

it eats 2gb of ram, and somehow causes WMI to eat another 2gb of ram.I stopped the IP Helper service to recover the ram, and it doesn't look like anything is broken.It says it's for ipv6 stuff, but I'm not using ipv6 for anything.

Yet, the ram keeps leaking.

What's going on?

I have VMware workstation installed, but I'm not running any VMs

I also have hotspot turned on, with 2 phones connected, but they're idle.

so why does ip helper grow to 2gb ram usage?

link626, Nov 12, 2020
  4. NgPh Win User

"TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper" services auto disable

Hi everyone,

Due the problem I couldn't open a shared folder from a Computer in LAN, I found that "TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper" services was auto disable. Anyone who know the problems, please tell me the reason why it is that, I want to know clearly about this case. was that
    a wrong configuration or by virus effection? My computer is running windows 7 64bit.

Thank you very much!

Thema:

1. How to enable or disable IP Helper Service in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - enable disable Helper

2. IP Helper service gets disabled and cannot be enabled via automated cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IP Helper service gets disabled and cannot be enabled via automated cmd: IP Helper service or iphlpsvc which I need for tunnel connectivity for some of my applications works fine. The problem comes when it gets disabled unnoticed. If I manually go to "Services", startup type has changed to "Disabled" no matter what mode was in before. Then, I...
  3. IP Helper service gets disabled and cannot be enabled via automated cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IP Helper service gets disabled and cannot be enabled via automated cmd: IP Helper service or iphlpsvc which I need for tunnel connectivity for some of my applications works fine. The problem comes when it gets disabled unnoticed. If I manually go to "Services", startup type has changed to "Disabled" no matter what mode was in before. Then, I...
  4. IP Helper service gets disabled and cannot be enabled via automated cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. IP helper not starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP helper not starting: I can't get IP helper to start and I haven't managed to find out what causes this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-helper-not-starting/78a0dc17-c539-4bca-a52b-862e41afa1e8
  6. Problem with Windows 10 2004 dont have ip helper and xbox services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Windows 10 2004 dont have ip helper and xbox services: [ATTACH] Hi i have problem with My Windows 10 2004 i dont have services ip helper and all xbox service likexbox live when i wanna play Forza Horizon 4 online i have error 0x00000...
  7. Problem with Windows 10 2004 dont have ip helper and xbox services

Problem with Windows 10 2004 dont have ip helper and xbox services: Hi i have problem with My Windows 10 2004 i dont have services ip helper and all xbox service likexbox live when i wanna play Forza Horizon 4 online i have error 0x00000 [ATTACH]...
  8. Cannot start IP HELPER NEED HELP WinHTTPAutoProxySvc Disabled and Can't Enable it!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot start IP HELPER NEED HELP WinHTTPAutoProxySvc Disabled and Can't Enable it!: Here are some screenshots of some checks I did from findings: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-start-ip-helper-need-help/46016c32-8ec3-4488-8cde-32e43f8f504a
  9. ip helper and WMI service. Huge memory leaks. IP Helper not fixed?

in Windows 10 Support
    ip helper and WMI service. Huge memory leaks. IP Helper not fixed?: w10 1909 Does anyone know why IP Helper service causes such a huge memory leak? on google, this seems to be an ongoing problem since windows 7. it eats 2gb of ram, and somehow causes WMI to eat another 2gb of ram.I stopped the IP Helper service to recover the ram, and it...
  10. Service IP Helper deactivates after every restart

Service IP Helper deactivates after every restart: Hey, It's my first question in this forum, so if something (eg. the topic) isn't right please just tell me :) Windows 10 Education build 1809 (the same issue occured with Windows 10 Home, I just recently upgraded it to education) To get straight to it: I want to activate...