Windows 10: How to Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates

Discus and support How to Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When you use a computer, you want it to perform as well as it […] This article How to Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 5, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates

WinClub, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Dec 5, 2020
  3. pml_ Win User
    How to disable Last Accessed date ( timestamp ) on FAT32 file system?

Scope of that article is how to *enable* the last accessed timestamp as it's disabled by default on NTFS drives.

Was it any special steps you were thinking about? I've already tried the fsutil command (see above); without rebooting though.

pml_, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Kishvand Win User

Kishvand, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates - Similar Threads - Enable Disable NTFS

2. Time stamps in ntbootlog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time stamps in ntbootlog: The boot time for my computer has gotten pretty slow, and I'm trying to figure what the issue is. It sure would be helpful if the entries in ntbootlog.txt was timestamped so I could see what is taking so long.I tried searching and didn't find any helpful answers. Does anyone...
  3. About time stamps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About time stamps: KB4550945 HotFix fixes a bug with the time stamp. Does KB4552152 or KB4556799 fix the time stamp issue? I'd like to confirm with the Log, but the new patch KB4556799 has begun to be applied, and KB4550945 is no longer displayed....
  4. Threat Definition version Last Update time stamp is wrong

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat Definition version Last Update time stamp is wrong: Hello. I often manually update threat definitions. I recently noticed that after checking for updates, the "Last Update: " field shows the correct date, but the time is off 6 hours. I recently got the Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 OS Build 17763.379 as part of an update....
  5. Date/Time Stamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date/Time Stamp: How to add the current date and time on any Windows 10 document and program (that allows entering data), i.e., stamping the current date and time into whatever program I am using. Thank you....
  6. Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates in Windows 10 The Last Access Time stamp displays an updated time each file and folder on a NTFS volume was last accessed. In the...
  7. Question Regrading NTFS Last Access

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Question Regrading NTFS Last Access: Hello There Whats the purpose of this particular NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate, is it better for SSDS to set this setting? still sorta new to SSD Drives, so my previous clean installs didn't run this command, should I on this newest clean install? 109217
  8. Bitlocker is automatically enabled on NTFS partition - how to disable?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker is automatically enabled on NTFS partition - how to disable?: I'm just installing my notebook from scratch. I set up a dual boot with Fedora 27 and Windows 10 Pro. Both OSes are installed on the same SSD (1 TB). The system is EFI with Secure Boot activated. First of all I installed Win10 on a 200GB partition. Afterwards Fedora...
  9. Enable or Disable NTFS File Encryption in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable NTFS File Encryption in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable NTFS File Encryption in Windows How to Enable or Disable NTFS File Encryption in Windows The Encrypting File System (EFS) is the built-in encryption tool in Windows used to encrypt files and folders on NTFS drives to protect them from unwanted...
  10. Enable or Disable NTFS File Compression in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable NTFS File Compression in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable NTFS File Compression in Windows How to Enable or Disable NTFS File Compression in Windows Windows supports compression for individual files and folders on NTFS volumes using NTFS compression. While NTFS file system compression can save disk...