Windows 10: How to enable or disable Search Box on New Tab page in Edge

Discus and support How to enable or disable Search Box on New Tab page in Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you want to type in the address bar instead of the search box on the new tab page in Edge browser, you can follow this guide. There are three ways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 24, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable or disable Search Box on New Tab page in Edge

If you want to type in the address bar instead of the search box on the new tab page in Edge browser, you can follow this guide. There are three ways to disable the search box on the new tab page in Edge – using the in-built Edge settings, Group Policy, and Registry Editor. It […]

This article How to enable or disable Search Box on New Tab page in Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 24, 2021

2. Get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page

Hi wahlstr, welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Check this tutorial to disable new tab tips in MS Edge.

How to Turn On or Off Show New Tab Tips in Microsoft Edge Chromium

W10 Tweaker, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Mar 24, 2021
  4. How to enable or disable Search Box on New Tab page in Edge

Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

How to enable or disable Search Box on New Tab page in Edge

1. How to enable or disable Search Box on New Tab page in Edge - Similar Threads - enable disable Search

2. Disable or Enable Video background on Edge new Tab page

in Windows 10 News
    Disable or Enable Video background on Edge new Tab page: [IMG]Microsoft has been focusing on its Edge browser heavily. As a result, the Edge browser is getting newer features from time to time, such as Bing AI, Video background, etc. In this post, we will show you how to Disable or Enable Video background on Edge’s new Tab page on...
  3. How to enable or disable Visual Search in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Visual Search in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Searching the web using images is a lot easier than typing text. Bing’s Visual Search feature has been designed with this purpose in mind. It lets you find similar images, products, pages that include an image, and even recipes. Now, the same feature has been added to...
  4. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  5. How to disable Image Background types for Edge New Tab page

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Image Background types for Edge New Tab page: Although Edge browser allows users to choose a custom image for the new tab page background, if you want to disable image background types, here is how you can do that. It is possible to prevent users from choosing Image of the day, or Your own image, or both. You can do that...
  6. How to enable Preload New Tab page feature on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Preload New Tab page feature on Microsoft Edge: If you have customized the new tab page, it might take some time to load it every time. To reduce the opening time, you can preload a new tab page for a faster experience in the Edge browser. It is possible to enable or disable the preload of the new tab page feature from the...
  7. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address...
  8. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard on the New Tab page while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address bar itself. I remember this...
  9. Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox How to Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox Mozilla uses Snippets to display tips, suggestions, updates, and messages about Firefox. Some people have reported advertising displaying at the...
  10. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826