Windows 10: How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10

Discus and support How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to disable or turn off the tablet PC’s touch input, here […] This article How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 18, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 18, 2020

2. How to launch tablet Pc touch input from command line

Hello,

From versions of Windows 7 and above it is possible to automatically launch Touchscreen calibration using Tabcal.exe.

I was wondering if there is a similar command to directly launch touch input instead of following inf the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel and search for "Touch".
    • Click "Tablet PC Settings"
    • Click "Setup..." to the right of "Configure your pen and touch displays"
    • Choose "Touch Input..."

With best regards,

DisplaxLab, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    My Tablet PC Input Service is missing/gone and others!

Hi Artistic Noose,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:
      winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    2. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    3. What is the make and model of the Tablet PC?

This issue can be fixed by enabling the service or starting it from the services. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Start the service.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Services.msc and it enter.
    3. Search for Tablet PC Input Service.
      (There are two other services responsible for Tablet input to function correctly.
      SL UI Notification Service and Software Licensing.)
    4. Double click on the service and select
      Automatic in drop down StartUp type.
    5. Click on Start or Restart option to start the service.

Method 2: Enable the service.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type msconfig and it enter.
    3. In the System Configuration window,go to
      Servicestab and search for
      Tablet PC Input Service.
    4. Check the option, Tablet PC Input Service
      to enable it.
    5. Click on Restart and check if the issue is fixed.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps
    provided by AnthonyJose on 2 December 2016.
    If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 18, 2020
  4. How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10

Enable/Disable Touch Screen Windows 10 Laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would like to suggest the steps mentioned below to enable touch in Lenovo think pad. Please perform the steps and check if you can enable your touch screen.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start Menu, locate and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by: Category and change it into
      Large or Small Icons.

• Click on Pen and Touch, once there click on the Touch tab and check the option
      “Use your finger as Input Device”.

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10

1. How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - enable disable Tablet

2. Disable or Enable Tablet Touch Mode in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Disable or Enable Tablet Touch Mode in Microsoft Edge: [IMG]Microsoft is keen on improving the experience for users on touchscreen devices. They have included Tablet mode in Windows and have done the same for the Edge browser. In this post, we will learn how to disable or enable Tablet Touch Mode in Microsoft Edge. Disable or...
  3. How to Enable or Disable Taskbar for Tablets on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Taskbar for Tablets on Windows 11: [IMG]Windows 11 users can enable or disable Taskbar for tablets. This feature was introduced in the recent Windows 11 Update. It is especially useful for people who have a convertible system, one that has a detachable keyboard or one that folds 360 degrees. In this post, we...
  4. Tablet PC input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet PC input: Hi, I cant find tablet pc input anywhere in my laptop so I was wondering does it even have it? I have the Lenovo ideapad 3. And if it does where can I find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-pc-input/a5ae4e4b-ed42-48c2-9fef-9d91879b5183
  5. Tablet PC input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet PC input: Hi, I cant find tablet pc input anywhere in my laptop so I was wondering does it even have it? I have the Lenovo ideapad 3. And if it does where can I find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-pc-input/a5ae4e4b-ed42-48c2-9fef-9d91879b5183
  6. How to Enable or Disable Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Tablet Mode in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 is not just an operating system that is designed solely for desktops […] This article How to Enable or Disable Tablet Mode in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to enable or disable hardware buttons in Windows 10 Tablet PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable hardware buttons in Windows 10 Tablet PC: [ATTACH]If you want to disable all the hardware buttons on your Windows 10 tablet […] This article How to enable or disable hardware buttons in Windows 10 Tablet PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen.: I just bought dell inspiron 2 in 1 laptop. Whenever I write or sketch using a pen, my hand touch on screen doesn't let me sketch properly and it is hard to write/sketch without putting wrist on screen. so I want to disable all kind of body touch while writing. How can I...
  9. Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 A touchscreen, or touch screen, is an input device that enables you to interact directly with what is displayed, rather than using a mouse, touchpad, or other such...
  10. Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10 If you have a touch screen in Windows 10, users can specify whether touch input is enabled or disabled for their account on the PC. This tutorial will show...