Windows 10: how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen

Discus and support how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10--when the computer starts, there is no background with the date. How do I enable the pictures on startup--not lock screen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fastrac, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Fastrac Win User

how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen

Windows 10--when the computer starts, there is no background with the date. How do I enable the pictures on startup--not lock screen?

:)

Fastrac, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Nov 19, 2019
  3. No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen.

Hi Marco,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10 personalization. I will surely help you.

To assist you better please let us know, are you logged in with Microsoft account or the Local account?

Meanwhile I suggest you to please follow the below mentioned steps in order to fix the Account Picture:

• Press Windows logo key + R key to run
      Run Command, and type the following address: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
    • In this folder there will be default user account pictures. Replace these pictures with your desired picture for the user account.
    • There are guest.bmp (448×448 px.), guest.png (448×448 px.), user.bmp (448×448 px.), user.png (448×448 px.), user-40.png (40×40 px.) and user-200.png (200×200 px.) pictures formats.
    • Set your desired image for the user account picture in the same format and same size and replace the default ones.

If you want to disable lock screen, please follow the below steps:

• Press Windows logo key + R key to run
      Run Command, and type gpedit.msc to open the
      Local Group Policy Editor.
    • Navigate toComputer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Control Panel>Personalization
      in the left pane.
    • On the right-hand side, click on “Do not display the lock screen” settings. Change the radio button from “Enabled” to “Disable”, and click onApply.
    • Restart the system to see the effect.

Please reach back to us, if you still face difficulty with Windows 10 personalization. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Nov 19, 2019
  4. MarcoArik Win User

No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen.

I haven't Control Panel when I open "Administrative Templates".

MarcoArik, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen - Similar Threads - enable pictures startup

2. Lock Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Picture: I have followed all the suggestions for changing the lock screen picture and none of them have worked. My Windows version is 2001 Build 19041.329. I have done the following: Right-click on desktop, select Personalize, select Lock Screen. For BACKGOUND I select Picture...
  3. Picture on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Picture on lock screen: How do I change the picture on my lock screen? I did something by accident and changed the picture to something I don't want to see. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-on-lock-screen/fb1af5ca-bcb7-442f-9498-cb6e2d78dca1
  4. Screen pictures at startup

Screen pictures at startup: I am asking for a SIMPLE step by step way to delete some photos at start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-pictures-at-startup/d68e131e-afd2-4694-a1dc-28961a4864ba
  5. lock screen picture

lock screen picture: The lock screen picture of the Lake within the mountains is depressing me as it looks cold and dangerous and i would hate to be near there , evry time i boot my pc this picture comes on and cannot be deleted, it is really depressing me now i should be able to have a blank...
  6. lock screen pictures

lock screen pictures: how do you change the lock screen pictures my has the same one all the time can you get different pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-pictures/c6fb4f62-68aa-4e71-8eaf-7ccde4270d04
  7. lock screen pictures

lock screen pictures: I have tried to delete lock screen pictures. You know the ones /cave/beach/plane/etc.etc.I went in to c:/screen/web file and took full control and was able to delete the cave/bluescreen/and beach pictures. Then added six of my own pictures.I then resarted my laptop and my...
  8. lock screen pictures

lock screen pictures: I have windows 10 home edition I turned on windows spot light it comes on for a second and then that rocky cave beach seen pops up so I went to c:/windows/web/screen and found the default lock screen pictures and took control of that folder/file and went into that cave...
  9. No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen.

No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen.: These aren't very important problems, but I'm just curious why this happen after Anniversary Upgrade. - When I start my PC or when I shutdown/restart, in the log screen there isn't my profile image. Just the generic blank one. The image is still present when I click on...
  10. Lock screen picture

Lock screen picture: I have a desktop and laptop, both are Windows 10 Pro, both are version 1607 and both are build version 14393.222 and both are fully updated. So why are the lock screens showing different pictures? On the laptop is show a nice Fall picture and on my desktop is showing some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enable/disable startup picture