Windows 10: how to enable popup window of sound input?

Discus and support how to enable popup window of sound input? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Earlier when i plug my headphone in my lapto, I saw a popup window asking me which type of device plugged in. Recently i checked it as headphone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kulbeersidhu, Aug 10, 2020.

1. how to enable popup window of sound input?

Earlier when i plug my headphone in my lapto, I saw a popup window asking me which type of device plugged in. Recently i checked it as headphone and also checked the box "Never ask me again" but problem is now I am not able to use headphone mic. How can i change that? Please help.

:)

kulbeersidhu, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Enable auto popup dialog whenever a device is plugged in

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have clarity on your query, kindly help us with the following information:

• What is the make and mode and model of your PC?
    • What is the make and model of your sound card?
    Ideally, these controls are managed by your sound card drivers. If you’re using Realtek sound card, I suggest you to enable the auto popup dialog whenever a device is plugged in, in the Realtek HD Manager and see if it works.

• Open Control Panel and categorize by
      Small Icons.

• Locate Realtek HD Audio Manager and open the same.
    • Click on the small folder icon below Device Advanced Settings
      and to the right of Analog Back Panel.
    • Check Enable auto popup dialog, when device has been plugged in and
      Save the changes.
    • Exit Realtek HD Audio Manager, reboot the machine and plug in your headset to see if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 10, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue how to enable popup window of sound input? :p

cadaveca, Aug 10, 2020
  4. how to enable popup window of sound input?

windows 10 start and exit sounds

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows start up sound.

• Type sounds
      in the control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logon.

• Enable play start up sounds.

• From speech
      select the sound for windows logon.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    Method 2

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows log off sound.

• Type sounds in the
      control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logoff.

• From speech select the sound for
      windows logoff.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    If windows logon and logoff options are not available,then in that case you just need to

• Enable play start up sounds.to get the windows start up sound .And by default there will be single sound available for windows logon sound.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

how to enable popup window of sound input?

1. how to enable popup window of sound input? - Similar Threads - enable popup window

2. HOW TO ENABLE INPUT IN CONNECT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO ENABLE INPUT IN CONNECT: HOW TO ENABLE INPUT IN CONNECT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-input-in-connect/97b2f233-63eb-41e6-958a-0ea5ce5a7243
  3. HOW TO ENABLE INPUT IN CONNECT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO ENABLE INPUT IN CONNECT: HOW TO ENABLE INPUT IN CONNECT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-input-in-connect/97b2f233-63eb-41e6-958a-0ea5ce5a7243
  4. No Sound Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound Input: Hello,I recently updated my laptop to the newest version of windows 10. Since then my sound has not worked. My laptop has built in speakers which until recently worked fine.It tells me there are no speaks or headphones plugged in. I have tried uninstalling drives, updating...
  5. No Sound Input

No Sound Input: Hello,I recently updated my laptop to the newest version of windows 10. Since then my sound has not worked. My laptop has built in speakers which until recently worked fine.It tells me there are no speaks or headphones plugged in. I have tried uninstalling drives, updating...
  6. No Sound Input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Input sound

Input sound: When conducting virtual meetings Zoom, Webex, etc. My voice sounds like a minion or bugs bunny. This is a new development so I'm not sure what changed. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-sound/4c089018-4efb-4064-8675-510b848fca53
  8. how to disable sound input

how to disable sound input: How can I disable sound. I want to know if any kind of noise is being played near my laptop outside like some street vendor selling vegetable or some one pressing door bell , then I want to disable these kind of external sounds for 2-3 hours. In my windows 10 exam. 161378
  9. how to disable sound input

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable sound input: How can I disable sound. I want to know if any kind of noise is being played near my laptop outside like some street vendor selling vegetable or some one pressing door bell , then I want to disable these kind of external sounds for 2-3 hours. In my windows 10 exam. 161378
  10. Sound input

Sound input: after recent windows 10 update, windows mixer input option seems unaccessible , unable to prepare buffers error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/sound-input/24c10886-d78e-498b-abfd-940365476925