Windows 10: How to enable Preload New Tab page feature on Microsoft Edge

Discus and support How to enable Preload New Tab page feature on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you have customized the new tab page, it might take some time to load it every time. To reduce the opening time, you can preload a new tab page for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 28, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable Preload New Tab page feature on Microsoft Edge

If you have customized the new tab page, it might take some time to load it every time. To reduce the opening time, you can preload a new tab page for a faster experience in the Edge browser. It is possible to enable or disable the preload of the new tab page feature from the Edge […]

This article How to enable Preload New Tab page feature on Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 28, 2021
  2. RickC Win User

Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10  

OK, I understand that I cannot find the entries in the registry because the default settings doesn't have them, i.e. they haven't yet been created either via GPEdit or .REG file.

Discussing just Option 2 (Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading using a REG file), I also understand that the .REG file in step 3 creates a key/value entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which has the effect of 'Disable Tab Preloading'.

What I don't understand is why - in step 2 (Enable Tab Preloading), i.e. to revert to default - the .REG file removes keys under both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Why would there be a need in step 2 to remove a key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER (to revert to default) if step 3 didn't create the key/value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the first place?

RickC, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Local Group Policy Editor

Hello George, *Smile

That would mean that the group policy is not configured so Microsoft Edge preloading is allowed by default.

Brink, Mar 28, 2021
  4. How to enable Preload New Tab page feature on Microsoft Edge

Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

How to enable Preload New Tab page feature on Microsoft Edge

1. How to enable Preload New Tab page feature on Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - enable Preload Tab

2. Disable or Enable Video background on Edge new Tab page

in Windows 10 News
    Disable or Enable Video background on Edge new Tab page: [IMG]Microsoft has been focusing on its Edge browser heavily. As a result, the Edge browser is getting newer features from time to time, such as Bing AI, Video background, etc. In this post, we will show you how to Disable or Enable Video background on Edge’s new Tab page on...
  3. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  4. How to enable or disable Search Box on New Tab page in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Search Box on New Tab page in Edge: If you want to type in the address bar instead of the search box on the new tab page in Edge browser, you can follow this guide. There are three ways to disable the search box on the new tab page in Edge – using the in-built Edge settings, Group Policy, and Registry Editor....
  5. Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iylv01/microsoft_explain_how_the_new_sleeping_tabs/
  6. An interesting feature being tested on Edge's New Tab Page.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An interesting feature being tested on Edge's New Tab Page.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hu8hlb/an_interesting_feature_being_tested_on_edges_new/
  7. Change New Tab Page Layout in the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Change New Tab Page Layout in the new Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has reengineered its Microsoft Edge browser and has moved it from EdgeHTML to the Chromium engine. This means that Google Chrome and the new Microsoft Edge will be powered by the same web engine. However, Microsoft has added some [...] This post...
  8. Microsoft Edge Preloadings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Preloadings: I have windows 10 home edition, I understand that gpedit is not available on this version. CCleaner says it cannot clean "sessions" due to the preloading settings of Edge. I want to clear this so it can. I was directed to gpedit, then to the registry...
  9. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826
  10. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...