Windows 10: How to enable Rapid mode on Samsun 850 Pro

Discus and support How to enable Rapid mode on Samsun 850 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Quick steps: 1. Remove any versions of Samsung Magician later than 4.5 (inclusive) 2. Download an d install Samsung Magician 4.4 3. Start it, enable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bbinnard, Aug 6, 2015.

1. bbinnard Win User

How to enable Rapid mode on Samsun 850 Pro

Quick steps:
    1. Remove any versions of Samsung Magician later than 4.5 (inclusive)
    2. Download an d install Samsung Magician 4.4
    3. Start it, enable Rapid Mode, and reboot
    4. (If desired - I did this) remove Samsung Magician from Startup group

Longer explanation:

Originally I did a clean install of Build 10240 on a brand new 850 Pro. The disk that came with the drive was Magician 4.5, so I pitched that and downloaded and installed Magician 4.6. After seeing that it did not allow enabling Rapid Mode I started doing some research and found several posts that said Magician 4.4 did run on Win10 and did support rapid mode.

So I used Uninstaller Pro (which I use to uninstall everything) to uninstall Magician 4.6, found a place to download Magician 4.4, installed it, and rebooted. Here is my first screenshot showing my 850 Pro:

How to enable Rapid mode on Samsun 850 Pro [​IMG]

You can see the 850 Pro is recognized A-OK, but rapid mode was not enabled. To see what difference it might make I ran the internal benchmark:

This is the benchmark results before enabling Rapid mode. After that I enabled Rapid mode, rebooted, and ran the same benchmark again. Here are those results:

It's pretty clear Rapid mode is a good thing to do and Magician 4.4 allows it to work.

*Biggrin

:)

bbinnard, Aug 6, 2015

2. Why are Both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer freezing on Facebook and Twitter

Thank you for your answer. I think I have fixed the problem. I have a Samsung 850 pro SSD that has Rapid Mode. I turned it off and haven't had a crash since. I will update if I have any more. Thank you.

RW55555555, Aug 6, 2015
  3. How to Enable AHCI for SSD in Windows 10.

Original title: AHCI for SSD

I've installed a Samsung 850 Pro 512 gig SSD. The Samsung Magician is telling me " AHCI is disabled for one or more connected SSDs. System must boot in AHCI mode for best performance". How do I enable AHCI in Windows 10 Pro? Thanks in advance.

David Gregoroff, Aug 6, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    @bbinnard,

How stable is it running for you now? I had BSODs during the Preview running RAPID. Actually Magician would crash a lot first(on an older version) and after a few times NUKE the4 system, so I got the latest version(4.6) and kept RAPID off. Also if it is running stable please give a link to SM 4.4.

Cliff S, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Hydranix Win User
    Rapid mode is just an aggressive filesystem cache right?

So it really only accelerates reads the second time you open a file, and makes buffer flush times longer and more dangerous on systems without a battery backup.

Hydranix, Aug 6, 2015
  7. bbinnard Win User
    Cliff - it's only been several hours, but I have rebooted a few times and run different things. No problems at all.

I lost the link to 4.4, but just google "samsung magician 4.4 download" an you'll find several places. I got it from one of those software distribution sites.

Hydranix - my system is connected to a UPS. Isn't everyone's?

bbinnard, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Sounds good, maybe my earlier problems were because the preview didn't have all the permissions that the finished product does.

I'll find it thanks.

Good counter, and a UPS is a good investment*Wink

Thanks again for the update*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to enable Rapid mode on Samsun 850 Pro - Similar Threads - enable Rapid mode

2. RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem: Hi! I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 256GB and I recently started noticing very slow write speeds. I installed the latest version of Samsung Magician 7.2.1 and ran a Performance Benchmark on the drive it was taking over 2 hours, so I canceled the test. After this, I enabled "Full...
  3. RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem: Hi! I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 256GB and I recently started noticing very slow write speeds. I installed the latest version of Samsung Magician 7.2.1 and ran a Performance Benchmark on the drive it was taking over 2 hours, so I canceled the test. After this, I enabled "Full...
  4. RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to enable s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable s mode: I recently disabled s mode but was unaware that it cannot be re enabled. how do I go about re enabling it? does it really help in keeping my pc secure? will it really make a difference while web browsing? was it something i should not have done? it a asus vivo book 14...
  6. how to enable s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to enable s mode: I recently disabled s mode but was unaware that it cannot be re enabled. how do I go about re enabling it? does it really help in keeping my pc secure? will it really make a difference while web browsing? was it something i should not have done? it a asus vivo book 14...
  7. How to enable sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable sleep mode: So I was having fan issues on my new Asus Zenbook 14. When I would close the screen, and re open it, the fan would suddenly go off very loudly for no apparent reason. I followed a tutorial to fix a noisy fan, and now for some reason, when I close the laptop and reopen it, it...
  8. Samsung 950 Pro M.2 and rapid mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung 950 Pro M.2 and rapid mode: Hi guys, finally made the leap from Win 7 to Win 10 and built a new machine as per my signature. It's working quite nicely apart from one minor wrinkle with the Samsung 950 pro ssd and rapid mode. While the 950 pro is fast and bench marks where it should be I can't...
  9. Should I enable Rapid Mode on my new 1 TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I enable Rapid Mode on my new 1 TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD?: Any issue(s) that I should be aware of before I made a decision? 79822
  10. SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode: Hi guys, i'm using win 10 pro x64 on a samsung evo 850 120gb ssd. My samsung magician just can't recognize the OS, anyone knows how to fix? Thank you and sorry for my bad grammar! *Tongue [img] 24028