Windows 10: How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition?

Discus and support How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am a self learner and I am currently learning Microsoft Azure. I have created a virtual Machine into Azure not to access my Virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SonikSoni, Jun 24, 2020.

1. SonikSoni Win User

How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition?

Hi everyone, I am a self learner and I am currently learning Microsoft Azure. I have created a virtual Machine into Azure not to access my Virtual Machine I have do remote desktop connection but I am getting error while enabling remote desktop service into my laptop that " Remote Desktop Service is not available in windows 10 home edition" so is there any other way to make it work out as I do not want to pay $160 for windows 10 pro version. I have watched some videos in you tube regarding that but they are asking me to download wrappers from third party sites and they all seems dodgy to me so please help me out with this. Thank you for your time.

:)

SonikSoni, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Remote desktop in window 10 cannot access computer having windows 8

No, it's the other way round all editions include the Remote Desktop Client and can connect to any PC with the Remote Desktop Server enabled. Only Pro and above allow you to connect to them.

Enable or Disable Remote Desktop Connections to Windows 10 PC

https://docs.microsoft.com/windows-s...#supported-pcs

maideen5's region is Malaysia, English may not be their first language. As I understand it the OP's problem can be stated as:

• The Windows 10 PC can connect to the remote desktop of a PC running Windows Server 2012, but cannot connect to a Windows 8.1 PC.
    • A Windows 7 PC can connect to both, so the Windows 8.1 PC is known to allow incoming connections.

I don't have an 8.1 Pro machine, so I can't test this for myself. @Kari wrote the tutorial on this, perhaps he has a suggestion.

Edit: see post #10

3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 24, 2020
  4. How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition?

Remote Desktop

Yep. No doubt. That will work; however, firewall on or off on the Home Edition will make no difference if you are trying to connect to it via straight remote desktop as it does not have the feature necessary to accept an unattended incoming remote desktop
    service connection.

The Windows __ Home Editions have always had the CLIENT portion of the Remote Desktop Services.

START --> RUN --> type in:

MSTSC

... Click OK.

That is the Remote Desktop Client. All Windows OSes have that.

Just not all Windows OS editions have the HOST/SERVER part - the part that allows one, with the remote system unattended, to remotely connect like you were sitting in front of it. The "Home" (and "starter / RT, etc. - other lower editions) editions are practically
    the ONLY editions of Windows that fall in this category (and always have.)

Android and MacOS have downloadable (official) Microsoft Remote Desktop Clients available so you can remote into your business/professional/server level Microsoft systems (unattended systems that is - again, remote assistance is allowed even on "Home" editions)...

Again, sorry... but there are many free third party alternatives.

Shenan Stanley, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition?

1. How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition? - Similar Threads - enable Remote Desktop

2. How to Enable Remote Desktop in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable Remote Desktop in Windows 10?: Have you faced problems with your system and wished someone could take over your computer and solve the problem for you? With remote desktop access in Windows 10, this is now possible. With this remote desktop feature, you can control any system without being physically...
  3. Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.: I can get another service like VNC to listen on port 3389, and I can test connectivity to that port to verify it is not network/firewall related. RDP doesn't generate any errors. The service starts like normal, and if I restart it, it restarts like normal. I have enabled NLA,...
  4. Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.: I can get another service like VNC to listen on port 3389, and I can test connectivity to that port to verify it is not network/firewall related. RDP doesn't generate any errors. The service starts like normal, and if I restart it, it restarts like normal. I have enabled NLA,...
  5. Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  7. how to enable remote desktop in laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable remote desktop in laptop: Dear sir/madam, am not able to turn on Remote connection in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-remote-desktop-in-laptop/60629855-be58-42ae-b8da-bbe5188e73cf
  8. How to check remote desktop is turned off in Windows 10 Home edition.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to check remote desktop is turned off in Windows 10 Home edition.: Recently my Microsoft Edge popped up with a search for "remote desktop access to windows 10 pc". As I don't use Edge and had turned off remote desktop when I upgraded to windows 10 that popping up scared me. I've done malware and virus scans and had help from more techsaavy...
  9. Regarding the enabling of Remote Desktop connection for windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding the enabling of Remote Desktop connection for windows 10 home edition: I am trying to download RDPwrapper in my lappy but its not installing all the files and while installion its showing executable file not found and I cant proceed with the other steps Is there any other alternative to enable the Remote Desktop Connection . PLease tell me?...
  10. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...