Windows 10: How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

Discus and support How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Noel New Member

How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here.

Once downloaded and extracted type in the below

psexec.exe \\ reg add “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server” /v fDenyTSConnections /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

psexec.exe \\ netsh firewall set service RemoteDesktop enable

(1)

read more...

2. RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that ".rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop", what exactly are you referring to? Are you facing issues while launching .rdp files in remote desktop mode?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 18, 2019
  3. remote desktop

What is the name of the RDP host?

What is the name of the remote machine?

Can they ping each other?

Is Remote Desktop enabled on the RDP host?

Frederik Long, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Lockhada Win User

RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

After upgrading to Windows 10, .rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop. Remote Desktop is working correctly otherwise.

Lockhada, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

1. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely - Similar Threads - Enable Remote Desktop

2. Remote Service Desktop Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Service Desktop Installation: Hi Microsoft Community.I have a query.We have a client with a windows server 2016.He has the RDS license expiring in 100 days or less.I am about to purchase 2 keys but each key is good for 5 users.The client requires up to 10 simultaneous users to connect to that server.Can I...
  3. Remote Service Desktop Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Service Desktop Installation: Hi Microsoft Community.I have a query.We have a client with a windows server 2016.He has the RDS license expiring in 100 days or less.I am about to purchase 2 keys but each key is good for 5 users.The client requires up to 10 simultaneous users to connect to that server.Can I...
  4. How to Enable Remote Desktop in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable Remote Desktop in Windows 10?: Have you faced problems with your system and wished someone could take over your computer and solve the problem for you? With remote desktop access in Windows 10, this is now possible. With this remote desktop feature, you can control any system without being physically...
  5. Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remote Desktop Services enabled - but not listening on any port.: I can get another service like VNC to listen on port 3389, and I can test connectivity to that port to verify it is not network/firewall related. RDP doesn't generate any errors. The service starts like normal, and if I restart it, it restarts like normal. I have enabled NLA,...
  6. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  7. Remote Desktop Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Service: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-service-%EC%8B%9C%EC%9E%91%EC%9D%B4/2413d62f-1d3a-409f-840d-a0e91aabc78a
  8. how to enable remote desktop in laptop

how to enable remote desktop in laptop: Dear sir/madam, am not able to turn on Remote connection in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-remote-desktop-in-laptop/60629855-be58-42ae-b8da-bbe5188e73cf
  9. RDP connection disconnects when you enable Sound on Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    RDP connection disconnects when you enable Sound on Remote Desktop: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is a proprietary protocol developed by Microsoft which provides a user with a graphical interface to connect to another computer over a network connection. The user employs […] This article RDP connection disconnects when you enable...
  10. How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition?

How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition?: Hi everyone, I am a self learner and I am currently learning Microsoft Azure. I have created a virtual Machine into Azure not to access my Virtual Machine I have do remote desktop connection but I am getting error while enabling remote desktop service into my laptop that "...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp settings for remote desktop services

2. windows 10 psexec s not working on remote system