Windows 10: How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

Discus and support How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Noel New Member

How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here.

Once downloaded and extracted type in the below

psexec.exe \\ reg add “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server” /v fDenyTSConnections /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

psexec.exe \\ netsh firewall set service RemoteDesktop enable

(1)

read more...

2. RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that ".rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop", what exactly are you referring to? Are you facing issues while launching .rdp files in remote desktop mode?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 18, 2019
  3. remote desktop

What is the name of the RDP host?

What is the name of the remote machine?

Can they ping each other?

Is Remote Desktop enabled on the RDP host?

Frederik Long, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Lockhada Win User

RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

After upgrading to Windows 10, .rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop. Remote Desktop is working correctly otherwise.

Lockhada, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

1. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely - Similar Threads - Enable Remote Desktop

2. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop: Hi I have a problem with Remote Desktop in my network. sometimes I forgot enable remote desktop on windows 10 new installation and I can not access the system locally. I need to enable Remote Desktop without login locally...
  3. remote desktop

remote desktop: how to solve remote desktop connection problem credssp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/10a17576-5d22-496e-b815-9d14bcc0a4d9
  4. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop: Do you need to have a static IP address if you want to remote desktop to a computer? Both PCs are running Windows 10 Pro. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/82cf8ced-88b0-469e-8431-8fa3ef5c30b0
  5. Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10

Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10: When I try to open a remote desktop connection to another desktop I am seeing the following prompt that says "This computer cant connect to the remote computer. Try connecting again and if the problem persists contact the owner of the machine" Ping to the remote machine...
  6. remote desktop

remote desktop: My remote desktop app no longer allows me to connect to my vpn, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/1bcb3693-7dcc-492f-a182-b6d85d7a7a83
  7. remote desktop

remote desktop: My remote desktop app no longer allows me to connect to my vpn, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/remote-desktop/1bcb3693-7dcc-492f-a182-b6d85d7a7a83
  8. Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop: Remote Desktop Error After providing the Microsoft Account Password to the Password blank on remote desktop the attempts to connect and then request the Password again. The Password I provided was the same a the Password provided at Windows startup but for some reason it...
  9. Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session

Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session: Normally if I RDP to an active remote desktop with only my single user account with admin rights, remote desktop signs out, and I connect via rdp no problem. However recently, it does not sign out out remote user, and the (RDP lient jumps to a OTHER USER login screen....
  10. Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC.

Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC.: I have been using RDP for LAN and also over VPN for years - never had any great problems. NOW! On a PC that has been upgraded from Win7 to Win10 Pro I have having problems with my RDP, when I connect to the remote computer I can't see its Task Bar, I can only see the...