Windows 10: how to enable restore previous versions feature on Windows 10

Discus and support how to enable restore previous versions feature on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you restore previous versions feature on windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mary S_954, Nov 5, 2020.

1. how to enable restore previous versions feature on Windows 10

How do you restore previous versions feature on windows 10.

:)

Mary S_954, Nov 5, 2020
  2. hexaae Win User

Re-enable Restore Previous Version?

Is there a hack to re-enable good old Previous version feature using restore points shadow copies?
    Current Windows 10 1809/1903 has changed this and now simply does a mirror backup of the previous file (wasting a lot hard drive space) IN ADDITION to restore points that actually already contain differential backup of the recoverable (you can use tools like ShadowExplorer) files... So the simple question is: is there a known hack to re-enable Previous version as it was before (based on shadow copies files, automatically enabled by the restore points feature), not using a "backup drive" to mirror files?

P.S.
    I know the workaround using \\MyPC\C$\FileHistory as network path to force Win10 to use C:\FileHistory "drive", but it's a very bad idea by MS IMHO wasting too much hard drive space anyway...

hexaae, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Re-enable Restore Previous Version?

Literally, the old "Restore Previous Version" function form Windows 7. Where you set aside a portion of your disc to store old versions of files after they have been changed or over written.

In Windows 7 you used to be able to right click on a file and select Restore Previous Versions, and it would open up the properties screen to the restore tab and you would be able to access these hidden older versions.

The menu option is still there, but it's empty.

how to enable restore previous versions feature on Windows 10 [​IMG]

It is limited in what it can do as it won't protect files from certain problems, but is very convenient as an additional layer of protection as it's not dependant on me being connected to my home network to do a backup, and doesn't require me to use an external disc.

I'd like to switch it back on if possible, and if the feature plain isn't part f Windows 10 I'd like to find some software that lets me replicate this functionality.

PerfectBlue, Nov 5, 2020
  4. how to enable restore previous versions feature on Windows 10

Restoring to previous version of your windows

Windows 10 Fall Update (build 1511) showed up on my Windows 10 Pro laptap. It went through all the steps including the final "speed-o-meter". When it reached 100%, the "speed-o-meter" disappeared and up popped the start screen displaying the message "restoring
    to previous version of your window". I did a command line "winver" and indeed, it reverted back to my previous version. Any suggestion? No error messages displayed.

WarpedNeck, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

how to enable restore previous versions feature on Windows 10

1. how to enable restore previous versions feature on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - enable restore previous

2. Restoring to a previous version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring to a previous version of windows 10: Due to a failed windows update I lost my entire OS and had to reinstall, losing all the data and programs that had not yet been backed up. With the new build, some of my apps do not work correctly some have known issues that the developer is working on. They worked well in...
  3. How to restore Previous Versions of Files and Folders in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore Previous Versions of Files and Folders in Windows 10?: [ATTACH]This post covers how to restore Previous Versions of Files and Folders in Windows […] This article How to restore Previous Versions of Files and Folders in Windows 10? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Restoring previous windows version

Restoring previous windows version: Restoring previous window version stuck on loop, plss help me, If I cant fix this, I wont be able to be present in our online class https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-previous-windows-version/4f9dd09a-7fad-419a-947c-1e2b92b761bb
  5. Unable to restore previous version of windows 10

Unable to restore previous version of windows 10: I updated the windows 10 version to the latest 2004. After a few weeks I really disappointed to the latest version, when i want to restore to the previous version, it said i cant because the windows has updated for more than 10 days. How RUDE it is... now i stuck on this...
  6. Restoration of previous Windows version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restoration of previous Windows version: I have replaced my hard drive & I want to restore my earlier Windows version. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoration-of-previous-windows-version/f18453db-fdb3-4b0b-aef4-20347a27bff7
  7. How to restore to previous version ?

How to restore to previous version ?: A few days ago windows 10 updated itself to the latest version. I've never had any problems with updates but after this one there are many. I have windows 10 pro Version 1903 18362,388 OS Build. Here are the problems : 1. When my computer goes to sleep mode, after I want to...
  8. Restoration of previous version of windows

Restoration of previous version of windows: I was playing video suddenly chrome stopped responding so i press shutdown button and it started updating windows on 13% i again press shutdown it stopped updating and now from past 2hrs its showing blank screen saying Attempting to recover installation and restoring your...
  9. Re-enable Restore Previous Version?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Re-enable Restore Previous Version?: In windows 10 Home, is it possible to reenable the "Restore Previous Version" function that came with Windows 7, or is there any software that I can but that does the same thing? This would be in addition to my regular backup routine, rather than instead of it. 85004
  10. Restoring Previous Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring Previous Version: So I download Windows 10 from here: Windows 10 Whilst I run it, no questions show up, asking anything, but in videos I see questions, asking about Updates and your current PC data. Once it completes, and restarts my PC, it finishes, then goes onto a screen saying...