Windows 10: How to enable "Run As Administrator"

Discus and support How to enable "Run As Administrator" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am administrator on my PC and recently while changing some of the security settings can't remember what I did I disabled my right to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anita_A_835, Sep 1, 2020.

1. How to enable "Run As Administrator"

Hello everyone, I am administrator on my PC and recently while changing some of the security settings can't remember what I did I disabled my right to run programs as administrator.

Now I just tried running windows powershell as admin and nothing happened and the same for cmd. Can anyone please help me. I am sure there is some setting I changed in the windows security section of windows 10.

:)

Anita_A_835, Sep 1, 2020

2. Enable Default Administrator on Windows

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to enable settings to gain full access of the PC.

You can achieve this by enabling the default administrator on your PC. However, we cannot link it with another user account. Default administrator has permissions to access all the settings and features without any UAC prompts.
    Please follow the steps to enable the default administrator on the PC.

1. Open Start Menu and type
      CMD.
    2. Now right click on it and click on
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to enable hidden administrator:
      net user administrator /active:yes
    4. Restart the PC and then try logging in to the
      Administrator account.

Note: The default administrator account is usually used to troubleshoot issues, it is recommended to create an administrator account instead of using the default administrator
    account.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Sep 1, 2020
  4. How to enable "Run As Administrator"

How to enable the hidden administrator in windows 10

Hi Frazer,

Enabling the hidden administrator account will allow you to do anything without restrictions. We suggest disabling the feature after making changes to the PC. It is also best to create a password to protect it from an unauthorized access. To do this procedure,
    follow these steps:

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows +
      R keys.
    • In the Run command box, type lusrmgr.msc and then press
      Enter key to open Local Users and Groups window.
    • In the left-pane, click Users folder to see various account names in the middle pane.
    • Double-click on the Administrator entry in the middle pane to open its
      properties dialog.
    • Under the General tab, uncheck the option labelled Account is disabled, and then click
      Apply button to enable the built-in admin account.
    Close the Local Users and Groups window. The enabled Administrator account should be visible on the login screen. Also, you can quickly switch to or sign in to the Administrator account by clicking the user name on the Start and then clicking Administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Robert Caw, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

How to enable "Run As Administrator"

1. How to enable "Run As Administrator" - Similar Threads - enable Run Administrator

2. How to enable password for administrator changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable password for administrator changes: I want to enable a pasword for administrator changes but I don't want to switch to another user because my data is on my administrator account. I want to make it so that whenever I go to uninstall something it asks for my password.Thank you...
  3. How to not run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to not run as administrator?: How do I get a program to not run as administrator? I have tried going into the compatibility tab and unchecking the box but that doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-not-run-as-administrator/6039d6d0-7961-4d0d-8e84-5750ae579c57
  4. How to not run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to not run as administrator?: How do I get a program to not run as administrator? I have tried going into the compatibility tab and unchecking the box but that doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-not-run-as-administrator/6039d6d0-7961-4d0d-8e84-5750ae579c57
  5. How to not run as administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Enable Administrator

Enable Administrator: I just built a PC and Installed a new copy of Windows10 pro. I want to have full access to everything using the Administrator account. Every attempt I have tried has not born fruit. I have tried the command line "net user" the "lusrmgr.msc" console and the secpol.msc...
  7. how to run as administrator

how to run as administrator: how to run as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-as-administrator/0203dd74-446d-4447-9443-dbf1c627879d
  8. How can Administrator enable?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can Administrator enable?: [IMG] How to recover administrator enable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-administrator-enable/0a551025-0b7e-42af-9f1c-1b19a3caacfc
  9. Enable Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enable Administrator: Hi I have a Laptop (Windows Home 10) and a Desktop (Windows 8.1 home) and I want to enable Administrator on both. I have used all of the suggesting about this I got on the internet and nothing works. Sure could use some help here. Thanks Ed 40550
  10. Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator: I cannot run a file as an administrator. When I do so from my UAC I get a prompt asking if I want the file to make changes to my computer and once I click yes I get a flash of a what looks like the outline of a file window and then nothing happens. I just enabled the...