Windows 10: How to enable search tools to open automatically when typing into search box in file explorer?

Discus and support How to enable search tools to open automatically when typing into search box in file explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On my one Windows 10 machine when using file explorer, search tools opens any time time I start typing into the search box. On my other machine it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/manolid, Jun 12, 2020.

1. How to enable search tools to open automatically when typing into search box in file explorer?

On my one Windows 10 machine when using file explorer, search tools opens any time time I start typing into the search box. On my other machine it doesn't.

How can I enable it to open automatically when using the search box?

submitted by /u/manolid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/manolid, Jun 12, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Search boxes inside windows not working

"ellellell1 said:
    • File > Change folder and search options > View
    • Scroll down until you see 'When typing into list view'
    • Choose 'Automatically type into the Search Box'
    • Then 'Apply'
    Where do I have to do that? I dont understand what that is."

Let's you click in File explorer Search box and type whether you see cursor or not. type in the

How to enable search tools to open automatically when typing into search box in file explorer? [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jun 12, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jun 12, 2020
  4. john3650 Win User

How to enable search tools to open automatically when typing into search box in file explorer?

File search box

The file search box keeps stopping. Most of the time it is OK, then it wont let me type anything into it in any file. I have run the search and index troubleshooter with no results. It is set to start at startup and run automatically.

It will be OK at the next PC startup without me doing anything.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank You

john3650, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

How to enable search tools to open automatically when typing into search box in file explorer?

1. How to enable search tools to open automatically when typing into search box in file explorer? - Similar Threads - enable search tools

2. disabling automatic search when typing in search box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disabling automatic search when typing in search box: Windows File Explorer is now automatically searching when you start typing in the search box. Previously, it would only search after you pressed enter. However, after the latest update, you cannot disable this feature. Even if you change the radio button selection under...
  3. disabling automatic search when typing in search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling automatic search when typing in search box: Windows File Explorer is now automatically searching when you start typing in the search box. Previously, it would only search after you pressed enter. However, after the latest update, you cannot disable this feature. Even if you change the radio button selection under...
  4. disabling automatic search when typing in search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box

in Cortana
    Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box: This morning I rebooted my PC because I couldn't get it out of sleep mode the monitor remained black. Everything seemed to come up normally. I noticed a process called Antimalware Service Executable, which I had never seen running before, hogging resources for an extended...
  6. Can't type anything in the file explorer search box.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type anything in the file explorer search box.: Just that. I've tried resetting my notebook several times, but it didn't work. How do I fix this? Thanks. submitted by /u/CannedPeas_1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1urbt/cant_type_anything_in_the_file_explorer_search_box/
  7. Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar

Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar: Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar. Same thing when pressing ctrl+F in file explorer. This problem exists on both of my Windows 10 Pro PCs. How do I fix this?...
  8. Can't Type into Windows File Explorer Search Box

in Cortana
    Can't Type into Windows File Explorer Search Box: Hello, I have a Dell OptiPlex 3060 - Windows 10 Pro machine that is only about a year old and I am having issues where I cannot type into the search bar to look for any files. I simply cannot click into it. I've tried to do some research and have attempted the following but...
  9. Cannot type in search box in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot type in search box in explorer: Ever since the last update, search has been acting up. Often I cannot type in the search box in the upper right corner of any open folder. I have to restart to get it working. How to fix? Thanks. submitted by /u/butterballmd [link] [comments]...
  10. File Explorer can't type Search box

File Explorer can't type Search box: I cannot enter data in the File Explorer Search Box. This problem is annoying and reoccurring. I have "fixed" it several times but it keeps coming back. I can see online that many people have the same problem. It started about a month ago. Windows 10 When will this be...