Windows 10: How to enable secure boot in bios to uefi converted laptop.

Discus and support How to enable secure boot in bios to uefi converted laptop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, my laptop was having Windows 7 in Legacy bios and i installed windows 10 in Legacy bios then i cleared disk 0 and installed windows 10 in uefi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnmolDwivedi, Nov 12, 2020.

1. How to enable secure boot in bios to uefi converted laptop.

Hello, my laptop was having Windows 7 in Legacy bios and i installed windows 10 in Legacy bios then i cleared disk 0 and installed windows 10 in uefi bios but secure boot opyion is not available as before in legacy bios.i have lenovo thinkpad edge e420.

:)

AnmolDwivedi, Nov 12, 2020
  2. JohnC Win User

UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?

I would go with what is showing in the Bios. If it says that the secure boot keys are loaded then it is on. I'm running the insider build and under System info it says secure boot is unsupported, but it is on and the keys are loaded in my UEFI BIOS. I think this is what the OP is saying. The only other thing that came to mind is if bitlocker was confused with secure boot, they are totally different. To check system info WIN + R type msinfo32 , hit OK.

This is a partial listing.

How to enable secure boot in bios to uefi converted laptop. [​IMG]

JohnC, Nov 12, 2020
  3. GTS-NJ Win User
    Convert BIOS to Uefi

It's not possible to "convert from BIOS to UEFI" if UEFI was not built into the hardware. Your laptop is an older model that probably pre-dates common use of UEFI.

GTS-NJ, Nov 12, 2020
  4. How to enable secure boot in bios to uefi converted laptop.

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

How to enable secure boot in bios to uefi converted laptop.

1. How to enable secure boot in bios to uefi converted laptop. - Similar Threads - enable secure boot

2. How can i enable uefi and secure boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i enable uefi and secure boot?: so i wanted to try out windows 11 on my pc and it says it dosent meet the requirements because secure boot isn’t enabled. I tried changing the bios from legacy to ufei but when i pressed save and exit it kept going back to the bios until I switched it back to legacy please...
  3. How can i enable uefi and secure boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i enable uefi and secure boot?: so i wanted to try out windows 11 on my pc and it says it dosent meet the requirements because secure boot isn’t enabled. I tried changing the bios from legacy to ufei but when i pressed save and exit it kept going back to the bios until I switched it back to legacy please...
  4. how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled: as how the question goes, I can't find a way to manually enable secure boot itself even if secure boot control and UEFI is on and used. how do I enable it? like the secure boot in the BIOS settings of mine can't be changed but the secure boot control can be changed, I have...
  5. how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled

how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled: as how the question goes, I can't find a way to manually enable secure boot itself even if secure boot control and UEFI is on and used. how do I enable it? like the secure boot in the BIOS settings of mine can't be changed but the secure boot control can be changed, I have...
  6. my laptop with secure boot, TPM 2.0, UEFI bios, DEP enabled and 2.40 GHz not able to enable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop with secure boot, TPM 2.0, UEFI bios, DEP enabled and 2.40 GHz not able to enable...: In my laptop with secure boot, TPM 2.0, UEFI bios, DEP enabled and 2.40 GHz mother board i3-7100U, I am not able to enable core isolation and memory integrity. Security icon displays yellow triangle with exclamatory mark; but, no issue isshown when I opened the security...
  7. my laptop with secure boot, TPM 2.0, UEFI bios, DEP enabled and 2.40 GHz not able to enable...

my laptop with secure boot, TPM 2.0, UEFI bios, DEP enabled and 2.40 GHz not able to enable...: In my laptop with secure boot, TPM 2.0, UEFI bios, DEP enabled and 2.40 GHz mother board i3-7100U, I am not able to enable core isolation and memory integrity. Security icon displays yellow triangle with exclamatory mark; but, no issue isshown when I opened the security...
  8. How to convert BIOS TO UEFI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to convert BIOS TO UEFI: Good evening folks. I have Lenovo Thick Pad T450. BIOS Legacy. How can l convert the BIOS to UEFI? without reinstalling windows?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-bios-to-uefi/f67fb0ed-5919-497e-a1c6-12fe56891b57
  9. UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?: So i had secure boot up and running on my windows 8.1 machine after a clean install, but now since microsoft upgraded me to windows 10 it seems as my secure boot is off again, but it's enabled in my bios is so weird, it's enabled in bios but off in windows 10? Is not much of...
  10. UEFI Installation With Secure boot enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Installation With Secure boot enabled: Hello tech guys, i need emergency help, i posting this thread from my frined's computer, i have a HP laptop, and few days ago i send it to tech shop for motherboard repair, and they did it as well, but after few days i am facing problem with BIOS, i cant change bios...