Windows 10: How to enable sleep mode

Discus and support How to enable sleep mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was having fan issues on my new Asus Zenbook 14. When I would close the screen, and re open it, the fan would suddenly go off very loudly for no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ronnieu_u, Oct 26, 2020.

1. How to enable sleep mode

So I was having fan issues on my new Asus Zenbook 14. When I would close the screen, and re open it, the fan would suddenly go off very loudly for no apparent reason. I followed a tutorial to fix a noisy fan, and now for some reason, when I close the laptop and reopen it, it hibernates instead of sleeps. I cannot see any way to change it back to sleep mode. I liked how it would open and use Windows Hello to unlock and it would be instant. I'd prefer to open it where I left off like last time, especially if I'm just closing it for 10 minutes or so. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

submitted by /u/ronnieu_u
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ronnieu_u, Oct 26, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 26, 2020
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

How to enable sleep mode

Sleeping mode gone fishin'

Hi,

An administrator access is needed to enable greyed out options on your Windows 10 computer. To assist you better on how you can enable the sleeping mode option, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried the steps on this
      link
      that provided by Alan Russell on September 19, 2015.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

How to enable sleep mode

1. How to enable sleep mode - Similar Threads - enable sleep mode

2. How to enable airplane mode automatically when going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable airplane mode automatically when going to sleep?: I want to maximize power savings when putting my computer to sleep. From powercfg /SleepStudy, I found out that if my wi-fi and bluetooth is connected at time of sleep, the percentage of low power state time is low, at around 30% or so. If I turn on airplane mode before...
  3. How to enable airplane mode automatically when going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable airplane mode automatically when going to sleep?: I want to maximize power savings when putting my computer to sleep. From powercfg /SleepStudy, I found out that if my wi-fi and bluetooth is connected at time of sleep, the percentage of low power state time is low, at around 30% or so. If I turn on airplane mode before...
  4. how to enable s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable s mode: I recently disabled s mode but was unaware that it cannot be re enabled. how do I go about re enabling it? does it really help in keeping my pc secure? will it really make a difference while web browsing? was it something i should not have done? it a asus vivo book 14...
  5. how to enable s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to enable s mode: I recently disabled s mode but was unaware that it cannot be re enabled. how do I go about re enabling it? does it really help in keeping my pc secure? will it really make a difference while web browsing? was it something i should not have done? it a asus vivo book 14...
  6. how to enable s mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 10 enables Sleep Mode instead of locking screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 enables Sleep Mode instead of locking screen: [ATTACH]Windows 10 PC locks the user account automatically after a few minutes of inactivity. […] This article Windows 10 enables Sleep Mode instead of locking screen first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to enable System Managment Mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable System Managment Mode?: I want to enable this so I can exceed the requirements for enhanced hardware security. submitted by /u/throwaway204420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hccvtn/how_to_enable_system_managment_mode/
  9. How to enable sleep option

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable sleep option: When I trying to enable sleep option in "Power Options", I get "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". This is my PC and I am my administrator myself. How I can remove this limitation, or, at least, enable sleep option for my Windows 10? [ATTACH] I tried...
  10. How to enable Sleep option.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to enable Sleep option.: i am not able to get a sleep option when i hit the power button in the start menu. also, in power settings, i cant see the option which allows you to put your computer to sleep after the lid shuts down. its like the sleep option no longer exists. >.< * Original title:...