Windows 10: How to enable startup app notifications on Windows 11

Discus and support How to enable startup app notifications on Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 11 may notify users of the operating system whenever a new app registers itself to run at startup. The feature, which is turned off by default,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Sep 28, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to enable startup app notifications on Windows 11

Windows 11 may notify users of the operating system whenever a new app registers itself to run at startup. The feature, which is turned off by default, is hidden deep in the operating system's settings.

How to enable startup app notifications on Windows 11 windows-11-startup-app-notifications.png

There are two types of autostart applications: those that need to run on system startup, and those who do not. Security applications fall into the first category often, while applications that are not loaded regularly or immediately after startup in the second category. It is up to the individual user to allow apps to run at startup. Some may want to run apps at startup that are not required to run that early.

Applications may add themselves to the system start, sometimes without notifying the user about it. Windows 11 includes an option to notify users when that happens, but the feature is not enabled by default.

Windows 11 users may manage startup items in the Windows Task Manager. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager and switch to the Startup tab to list all apps that run on startup.

Windows 11: Enable program autostart notifications

How to enable startup app notifications on Windows 11 windows-11-autostart-notifications.png

Notifications on Windows have a bad reputation. A core reason for that is that Microsoft uses them to display tips and suggestions, which are often not that useful.

What many Windows 11 users do not know is that they may get notifications whenever a program is added to the startup of the system. The feature is supported in the initial release version of Windows 11 and also the Windows 11 2022 Update.

Here is how that is done:

1. Select Start > Settings to open the Settings application. You may also use the shortcut Windows-I to open the Settings app.
    2. Open System > Notifications.
    3. Wait for "Notifications from apps and other senders" to populate. Scroll down until you find the "Startup App Notification" entry.
    4. Check the box to turn it on in the settings.

Windows 11 will display a notification from that moment on whenever an application is added to the autostart of the system.

A click on the arrow icon next to the setting displays the available notification options. You may disable certain types of notifications, e.g., disable notification banners but keep notifications enabled in the notification center.

The default priority is set to normal, but it may be switched to high or top to give it more exposure in the notification center.

Now You: how do you keep autostart apps in check? (via Windows Area)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to enable startup app notifications on Windows 11 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Sep 28, 2022

2. Unable to enable a startup app

I can't enable windows store app to start with windows.

The step I folowed are

• Open task manager
    • go to startup tab
    • select the app
    • enable
    and when I reopen it's set at disable

The step recorder file

https://we.tl/t-wGtoYHVHfE

Nilon123456789, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 28, 2022
  4. How to enable startup app notifications on Windows 11

Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

How to enable startup app notifications on Windows 11

1. How to enable startup app notifications on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - enable startup app

2. Ability to enable notifications for Chrome missing on Windows 11 "notifications from apps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ability to enable notifications for Chrome missing on Windows 11 "notifications from apps...: I was having problems getting the notifications pane in Windows 11 to show up at all and would infinitely load and I reset Windows 11 Notifications with this guide. But now when I try to enable notifications for Chrome, the option is completely missing. I do not see it at...
  3. Ability to enable notifications for Chrome missing on Windows 11 "notifications from apps...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ability to enable notifications for Chrome missing on Windows 11 "notifications from apps...: I was having problems getting the notifications pane in Windows 11 to show up at all and would infinitely load and I reset Windows 11 Notifications with this guide. But now when I try to enable notifications for Chrome, the option is completely missing. I do not see it at...
  4. How to enable notification of Software on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable notification of Software on Windows 10?: I recently disable notification of one communication app called "UBS "Business suit like Microsoft Teams, But now I am not able to enable notification of this App.App is not listed in settings of notification in Windows 10. How can I enable notifications for this app?...
  5. How to Enable or Disable Notification Center in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Notification Center in Windows 11: [ATTACH]This post will show you how to disable the Notification Center in Windows 11. When you press Win+N, the Notification Center flies out from the bottom right corner to display notifications, calendar, etc. If you wish to turn it off, you can use the Registry or Group...
  6. How to enable or disable Sync Provider notification in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Sync Provider notification in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]At times, Microsoft displays some notifications in the File Explorer, showing how users can improve their experience by trying new features in Windows 11. However, if you do not want to get such notifications all the time in the File Explorer, you can turn it off. For...
  7. How to Disable or Enable Update Restart Notification in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable or Enable Update Restart Notification in Windows 11: [ATTACH]When your Windows 11 device goes through an update, it is required to restart. The reboot is the final step of the update process. If you need Windows 11 to notify you when it is time for an update, then please read through this article. Disable or Enable Update...
  8. Enable or Disable Xbox App Automatic Startup on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Xbox App Automatic Startup on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]When installed on Windows, Apps can register themselves to launch as soon as you log in to your account. While this works for those apps which you need to be there, such as Screenshot taking tools, but apps that can be launched later can get annoying. The same is the...
  9. How to re-enable notification on Windows for apps such as Alarms via the registry ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to re-enable notification on Windows for apps such as Alarms via the registry ?: For apps like the alarm clock, I observed that Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings\Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App\Enabled = 0 is created when one disables the notification on Windows. However, deleting the...
  10. Unable to enable a startup app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to enable a startup app: I can't enable windows store app to start with windows. The step I folowed are Open task manager go to startup tab select the app enable and when I reopen it's set at disable The step recorder file https://we.tl/t-wGtoYHVHfE...