Windows 10: How to enable the Search Box on Windows 10 Lock screen

Discus and support How to enable the Search Box on Windows 10 Lock screen in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Search Bar on the Taskbar is one of the most useful components of Windows 10. One can use it to search for files and folders on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 15, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable the Search Box on Windows 10 Lock screen

WinClub, Aug 15, 2019

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 15, 2019
  3. KLBogue Win User
    How to access or enable Search box in Windows 10 computer?

I followed all of the steps you have suggested and the "My Stuff" and "Web" buttons will not return. I'm resigned to their being gone. You have titled this question "How to access or enable Search box in Windows 10 computer?"

That's really not my question. The search box is there, it just doesn't say "My Stuff" anymore. I can't believe it's that hard to understand the problem and solve it.

KLBogue, Aug 15, 2019
  4. How to enable the Search Box on Windows 10 Lock screen

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

How to enable the Search Box on Windows 10 Lock screen

1. How to enable the Search Box on Windows 10 Lock screen - Similar Threads - enable Search Box

2. How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10: Windows Search can show search results from your cloud storage accounts. However, if you want to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in the Taskbar search box, here is how you can do that. It is possible to turn it on or off using Windows Settings, Registry Editor, and...
  3. How to enable Cortana in my lock screen

in Cortana
    How to enable Cortana in my lock screen: I've been search in internet on how to enable Cortana in my lock screen but my Cortana settings look different so I can't enable it on my lock screen. My Cortana settings look like this: [ATTACH] can anyone help me with this?...
  4. How To Enable the Windows 10 Cortana Search Box

in Cortana
    How To Enable the Windows 10 Cortana Search Box: Hello. My problem is that. I changed my computer to English. I set the region to the United States. I can open the Cortana application by pressing the Cortana icon, but cortana and search settings do not appear in the settings screen. My goal is to use Cortana in the search...
  5. Search box locked throughout Windows

in Cortana
    Search box locked throughout Windows: This concerns the following system: Dell Precision T1700 Xeon E3-1220 3.10 GHz 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.535 installed on 12/22/2019 The problem is that the search box is not accepting typed input in various places in the Windows 10 Pro OS: e.g....
  6. search box locked up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    search box locked up: completed windows update and now search box is locked up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-locked-up/668a76a7-1c8e-41d9-97c5-568a863446d6
  7. Microsoft experiment adds search box to Windows 10 lock screen

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft experiment adds search box to Windows 10 lock screen: In latest preview builds of Windows 10 20H1 update, Microsoft is experimenting with a new feature that brings search box to the lock screen. Windows 10 Build 18932 comes with a secret search box for the lock screen and the feature is currently hidden but can be enabled via...
  8. Enable Search Box on Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Search Box on Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable Search Box on Lock Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable Search Box on Lock Screen in Windows 10 The lock your PC[/b] (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when you are...
  9. Enabling Lock Screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling Lock Screen.: I have for many months tried to enable the Lock Screen on two of my PCs. All Windows 10 Home...up to date. Read and tried this tutorial:- Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 - Page 26 - Customization Tutorials When pressing W key and L the lock screen...
  10. Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when you are...