Windows 10: How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer

Discus and support How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to get to the touchpad settings found on laptops, but instead on a desktop. I have a Logitech K400 plus, which is a wireless keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NeverNotRunning, Sep 24, 2019.

1. How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer

I am trying to get to the touchpad settings found on laptops, but instead on a desktop.

I have a Logitech K400 plus, which is a wireless keyboard with a touchpad. I use it when I am sitting in front of my TV, instead of my desk, so I don't have my regular keyboard and mouse. The keyboard works great, but there is one thing I would like to change. I want to be able to use one finger scrolling on the right edge of the touchpad. I know that Windows laptops have this option in the touchpad settings. The problem is that my desktop does not have these settings available. Is there a way to enable or otherwise add the Windows 10 touchpad settings menu to a desktop computer?

I also tried installing the Logitech settings application, but it does not have an options for one finger edge scrolling, just two finger.

:)

NeverNotRunning, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Touchpad

Hi Denise,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check if the touchpad is enabled in Mouse Properties.

Please follow these steps below to check the status of the touchpad.

• Click Start and choose Settings.
    • Click on Devices. Choose Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click
      Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab furthest to the right (ELAN
      or Device Settings).
    • Under Devices, check if your touchpad is disabled. If it is disabled, click the touchpad to select it and then click
      Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Enabling touchpad windows 10 Dell laptop

Hi Amy,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

A lot of Dell touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off.

Further, follow these steps to check if that helps:

• In the Search box, type touchpad.

• Touch or click Mouse & touchpad settings (System settings).

• Touch or click the Touchpad toggle to turn off or on the Touchpad.

Note: When there is no Touchpad toggle look for Additional mouse options at the bottom of the page.

• Touch or click Additional mouse options.

• Touch or click the Dell Touchpad or Click Pad tab.

Touch or click the link, Click to change Dell Touchpad settings, there may be an option to enable or disable the Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Joan Pin Win User

How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer

ASUS Touchpad not working

Hi Cyril,

There's a possibility that you're getting this concern due to an out-dated driver. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check if ASUS Touchpad is enabled on your device. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Type Settingson the search bar and press Enter.
    • Select Devices.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options on the right pane.
    • Choose Device Settings (some called ELAN) pane, check Yes/No of Touchpad. If
      No, click Enable and select OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer

1. How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer - Similar Threads - enable touchpad settings

2. How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer when using a bluetooth keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer when using a bluetooth keyboard?: Hello, I am using an Arteck HB305-4B Bluetooth keyboard on my Windows 10 64-bit machine. The keyboard has a touchpad and I would like to reverse the scrolling direction. However, since this is a desktop computer, the touchpad option is unavailable to me in Devices....
  3. How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer when using a bluetooth keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer when using a bluetooth keyboard?: Hello, I am using an Arteck HB305-4B Bluetooth keyboard on my Windows 10 64-bit machine. The keyboard has a touchpad and I would like to reverse the scrolling direction. However, since this is a desktop computer, the touchpad option is unavailable to me in Devices....
  4. How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer when using a bluetooth keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to enable touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable touchpad while typing: Whenever I try to use my touchpad while typing/gaming, the mouse will either freeze and stick for varying durations, or the touchpad will work while typing for a few seconds then freeze and stick even when not typing for varying durations. My device is a new Dell Precision...
  6. How to enable touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable touchpad while typing: Whenever I try to use my touchpad while typing/gaming, the mouse will either freeze and stick for varying durations, or the touchpad will work while typing for a few seconds then freeze and stick even when not typing for varying durations. My device is a new Dell Precision...
  7. Re-enable touchpad

Re-enable touchpad: This morning, I disabled my touchpad to see if Windows 10 wouId automatically enable my touchscreen. It didn't, so now I can't use my laptop. Before I get a mouse to plug in, is there a way to re-enable my touchpad without a mouse? Thanks....
  8. How to use and configure a touchpad on a desktop computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use and configure a touchpad on a desktop computer: Hi there, First of all, it's important to coonsider the following for a DESKTOP computer and NOT a Laptop ;) So, I'm currently using a Bluetooth keyboard with a built-in touchpad ==> Rapoo E6700 My problem is, I would like to use the powerfull of the touchpad's...
  9. Shortcut to enable touchpad

Shortcut to enable touchpad: I have a long standing issue with my touchpad just randomly disabling. This forum has helped loads in trying to fix this but we can't get to the bottom of it. Even had someone open up the laptop to check the hardware but still the same. What I have resorted to is having a...
  10. How to enable use of the touchpad while typing

How to enable use of the touchpad while typing: On my Dell Alienware m14x it seems that I can not find a way to disable the feature that enables a delay between the time you can click or move on the touchpad to when you can press a key. Meaning, if I quickly stop typing and attempt to move my touchpad, I must wait a couple...