Windows 10: How to enable TPM

Discus and support How to enable TPM in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Folks,I wanted to install windows 11 but this required the TPM enabled in My Laptop. When I run this command "tpm.msc" it showing "Compatible TPM... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shanmukha Guru, Jun 27, 2021.

1. How to enable TPM

Hello Folks,I wanted to install windows 11 but this required the TPM enabled in My Laptop. When I run this command "tpm.msc" it showing "Compatible TPM cannot found on this computer. Verify that this computer has a 1.2 TPM or later and it is turned on in the BIOS" I am using Model: Dell Inspiron 15 5559Processor:IntelR CoreTM i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHzInstalled Ram:8GBRunning Windows 10 Home OSThanks in advance

:)

Shanmukha Guru, Jun 27, 2021

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    TPM enabled but not found?

Hi Roberto,

This issue occurs because the TPM is using the OEM driver and not the Windows built-in Trusted Platform Module driver. To address your issue, we suggest reinstalling the Trusted Platform Module driver by uninstalling the TPM driver and restarting your
    PC.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jun 27, 2021
  4. How to enable TPM

Cannot Turn on TPM

Yesterday the TPM was locked on my laptop.

Following expiration of the lock-out period I updated the TPM from 1.2 to 2.0 in the bios.

Now when I try and prepare the TPM I get the error message detailed in the picture.

I have tried a number of actions to rectify including the following:

• Turned TPM off and on
    • Disabled and Enabled TPM
    • Cleared the TPM

Any ideas on how to rectify this?

The only thing to mention is that I updated the Bios to the latest version earlier in the week then I did the TPM Bios update.

How to enable TPM [​IMG]

RobBoston83, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

How to enable TPM

1. How to enable TPM - Similar Threads - enable TPM

2. TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows: Hi,I want to upgrade Windows 11 from 22H2 to 23H2 but can't do that cos Windows setup program/assistant doesn't see fTPM of my AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D. It is enabled in BIOS but tpm.msc doesn't see it at all. I updated BIOS to the latest version, did multiple enable/disable fTPM...
  3. TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows: Hi,I want to upgrade Windows 11 from 22H2 to 23H2 but can't do that cos Windows setup program/assistant doesn't see fTPM of my AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D. It is enabled in BIOS but tpm.msc doesn't see it at all. I updated BIOS to the latest version, did multiple enable/disable fTPM...
  4. when i enable tpm 2.0 my pc shows blue screen that says "recovery there was a problem with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i enable tpm 2.0 my pc shows blue screen that says "recovery there was a problem with...: when i enable tpm 2.0 my pc shows blue screen that says "recovery there was a problem with a device connected to your pc" and i can't get the windows,i have windows 11...
  5. when i enable tpm 2.0 my pc shows blue screen that says "recovery there was a problem with...

when i enable tpm 2.0 my pc shows blue screen that says "recovery there was a problem with...: when i enable tpm 2.0 my pc shows blue screen that says "recovery there was a problem with a device connected to your pc" and i can't get the windows,i have windows 11...
  6. PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.: I just installed a new Ryzen 7 1700x into my Dell Inspiron 5675, upgrading from my Ryzen 3 1200.At first, a message came asking whether or not i wanted to reset my fTPM keys. After clicking ‘Yes’, I had never used bitlocker in my life my PC would not load into Windows 11, and...
  7. PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.

PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.: I just installed a new Ryzen 7 1700x into my Dell Inspiron 5675, upgrading from my Ryzen 3 1200.At first, a message came asking whether or not i wanted to reset my fTPM keys. After clicking ‘Yes’, I had never used bitlocker in my life my PC would not load into Windows 11, and...
  8. Why is my BIOS stuck in legacy mode when i TPM enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my BIOS stuck in legacy mode when i TPM enabled: I am trying to play a game using TPM 2.0 however my pc is stuck in legacy mode even though the pc has TPM 2.0 enabled and can be seen within the system information and are unsure on how to put the bios into UEFI mode or get the pc to recognise that the pc is in UEFI mode....
  9. Why is my BIOS stuck in legacy mode when i TPM enabled

Why is my BIOS stuck in legacy mode when i TPM enabled: I am trying to play a game using TPM 2.0 however my pc is stuck in legacy mode even though the pc has TPM 2.0 enabled and can be seen within the system information and are unsure on how to put the bios into UEFI mode or get the pc to recognise that the pc is in UEFI mode....
  10. I enabled tpm 2.0, and pc health check states that I now meet all requirements for windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I enabled tpm 2.0, and pc health check states that I now meet all requirements for windows...: As the title says! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-enabled-tpm-20-and-pc-health-check-states-that-i/c4d96b97-f44f-4ac2-9ac5-83b61e477724