Windows 10: How to enable trackpad and its drivers?

Discus and support How to enable trackpad and its drivers? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I disabled the trackpad drivers by mistake while updating them and now it is not working. I do I enable it now?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JAITRASHAH, May 22, 2020.

1. How to enable trackpad and its drivers?

I disabled the trackpad drivers by mistake while updating them and now it is not working.

I do I enable it now?

:)

JAITRASHAH, May 22, 2020

2. Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 22, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Unable to disable laptop trackpad after Windows 10 update (Feb 2019)

Hi Shawn, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

One way to disable the trackpad would be to use Device Manager. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:

- Press Windows Key+X and choose Device Manager.

- Find your trackpad in the list.

- Right-click the trackpad, and choose Uninstall Device.

This should stop the trackpad from functioning. If you want to re-enable it, you can follow the same steps and choose Enable instead.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you need further support. Thanks!

Graeme.P, May 22, 2020
  4. How to enable trackpad and its drivers?

Trackpad vanished

Hi Kierra,

A system failure possibly occurred on your device, and that might be the reason why you are experiencing issues with missing trackpad option. To address this concern, we suggest enabling your trackpad by pressing the Fn key + F9 key. After doing so, kindly
    check if the touchpad is working.

If the same issue persist. We suggest manually installing the most updated touchpad driver for Asus Vivobook E403 from Asus website.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, May 22, 2020
Thema:

How to enable trackpad and its drivers?

1. How to enable trackpad and its drivers? - Similar Threads - enable trackpad drivers

2. Magic Trackpad 2 driver problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Magic Trackpad 2 driver problem.: I recently installed this third-party driver for the Apple Magic Trackpad 2 that improves the functionality of that trackpad on Windows-OS. However, I then shifted the installation-files for that driver around a bit in File Explorer which I think broke the driver. Now I can't...
  3. Magic Trackpad 2 driver problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Magic Trackpad 2 driver problem.: I recently installed this third-party driver for the Apple Magic Trackpad 2 that improves the functionality of that trackpad on Windows-OS. However, I then shifted the installation-files for that driver around a bit in File Explorer which I think broke the driver. Now I can't...
  4. Windows Precision Trackpad Driver is Flawed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Precision Trackpad Driver is Flawed: Microsoft Windows Precision Driver has had an awful bug since its arrival in windows 10 and 11 earliest and current releases.If a users' finger makes a short stroke followed by an immediate left-click press whether using one or two fingers thumb as left-click, index as curser...
  5. Windows Precision Trackpad Driver is Flawed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Precision Trackpad Driver is Flawed: Microsoft Windows Precision Driver has had an awful bug since its arrival in windows 10 and 11 earliest and current releases.If a users' finger makes a short stroke followed by an immediate left-click press whether using one or two fingers thumb as left-click, index as curser...
  6. missing windows trackpad driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    missing windows trackpad driver: I installed some stupid Iobit "Driver Updater", and when I used it to supposedly update my touchpad, my touchpad immediatly froze. The app gave me a notification to restart my computer so I used my mouse instead to click the notification and restart After restarting,...
  7. Installing windows precision trackpad driver

Installing windows precision trackpad driver: My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 320. I tried installing precision touchpad but my trackpad just stopped working after that. I reverted back to the prior driver which is ELAN. I need to know if anyone has successfully managed to upgrade a ideapad elan touchpad to precision...
  8. Conflicting trackpad and keyboard drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Conflicting trackpad and keyboard drivers: So, all of a sudden my trackpad stops working. Eventually I deduce that it is a driver issue so I re install the drivers by deleting the device and restarting my computer. I come to find out that it solved the issue but now my keyboard isn't working! I proceeded to the...
  9. How to completely REMOVE Windows 10 Precision Trackpad driver?

How to completely REMOVE Windows 10 Precision Trackpad driver?: I'm trying to get rid of the windows 10 precision trackpad settings/driver, because it seems to be impossible to disable mouse acceleration while it is installed. Could someone point me in the right direction, or help me disable trackpad acceleration? submitted by /u/Surpex...
  10. Trackpad not working after installing drivers for said trackpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trackpad not working after installing drivers for said trackpad: This is from my reddit post about this issue i made a few hours ago: ' Issue 1: Touchpad not working Issue 2: TrackPoint not working Probable cause: Windows Insiders Preview build 18204 What I have tried: >Reinstalling drivers >Resetting the preview build >Reverting...