Windows 10: How to enable TV display with command line?

Discus and support How to enable TV display with command line? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have two monitors and one TV connected to same computer with Windows 10. I know I can choose to extend or duplicate, or not, to second screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dent___, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Dent___ Win User

How to enable TV display with command line?

Hi,

I have two monitors and one TV connected to same computer with Windows 10. I know I can choose to extend or duplicate, or not, to second screen doing WIN + P, but that doesn't work for the TV as it is a third display.

I would really like a shortcut so I dont have to open display setting each time I want to use the TV as display.

My computer is a laptop with Intel HD 630 + Nvidia GT 1050 Ti but Im pretty sure it only uses the HD 630 normally. It also has an external graphics card usb hub using DisplayLink drivers. TV is connected to HDMI on laptop while two monitors are connected via the external hub. The TV is a Samsung smart TV.

With the freeware MultiMonitorTool it's quite easy to make a command line command that I can save as a shortcut that disables the TV:

MultiMonitorTool.exe /disable 5

This disables the display perfectly just as I want. 5 being the monitor number of the TV

Unfortunately the TV display can not be enabled again via command line using MultiMonitorTool for some reason using:

MultiMonitorTool.exe /enable 5

If I run the enable command nothing happens.

When making tests on other two monitors I can enable them with this command so its a problem that is specific for the TV

If I manually open Windows display settings I can select the display, scroll down and choose "Extend to this display" to enable it.

My question is, why doesnt it work to enable the TV and what can I do to enable it via command line instead of having to go to settings each time?

:)

Dent___, Apr 12, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How to enable TV display with command line? :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Apr 12, 2020
  4. How to enable TV display with command line?

How to enable the bash command line in cmd?

Original title: Windows 10 anniversary update

I'm a build 14393.10 user. How to enable the bash command line in cmd? Please give the step wise instructions!

JamesGeorge-, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

How to enable TV display with command line?

1. How to enable TV display with command line? - Similar Threads - enable display command

2. Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line: Hello,Is there a way to Enable "Play animations in Windows" using PowerShell =I tried the solution with regedit, to change the value of MinAnimate and/or UserPreferencesMask and/or VisualFXSetting but none of them worked.It work only if I manually change it under ease of...
  3. Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line: Hello,Is there a way to Enable "Play animations in Windows" using PowerShell =I tried the solution with regedit, to change the value of MinAnimate and/or UserPreferencesMask and/or VisualFXSetting but none of them worked.It work only if I manually change it under ease of...
  4. Is there a command line command to enable/disable: Activate Window by hovering over it with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a command line command to enable/disable: Activate Window by hovering over it with...: Most of the time I like to use the option in MS Windows 11: Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.Sometimes I want to temporarily disable this option because it is annoying. Now I'm looking for a way to do this quickly.For example with a command line command or...
  5. Is there a command line command to enable/disable: Activate Window by hovering over it with...

Is there a command line command to enable/disable: Activate Window by hovering over it with...: Most of the time I like to use the option in MS Windows 11: Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.Sometimes I want to temporarily disable this option because it is annoying. Now I'm looking for a way to do this quickly.For example with a command line command or...
  6. Is there a command line utility for enabling efficiency mode on a process?

Is there a command line utility for enabling efficiency mode on a process?: I'm just wondering if there's a way to turn on Windows 11's new efficiency mode for a process which doesn't involve using the task manager. A bunch of programs tend to have like many sub processes for example; steam, firefox and having to right click and enable efficiency...
  7. Is there a command line utility for enabling efficiency mode on a process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a command line utility for enabling efficiency mode on a process?: I'm just wondering if there's a way to turn on Windows 11's new efficiency mode for a process which doesn't involve using the task manager. A bunch of programs tend to have like many sub processes for example; steam, firefox and having to right click and enable efficiency...
  8. How to enable Windows 10 fast startup using the command line

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to enable Windows 10 fast startup using the command line: How to open Fast Startup and Hibernate through the windows command line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-windows-10-fast-startup-using-the/133660f7-cf7e-454d-b3bf-398b2e7ab396
  9. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  10. how to disable / enable devices using command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to disable / enable devices using command line in Windows 10: Hello friends, Prior to updating to 1803 my headphones/laptop speakers were working just fine. When I connect my USB headphones, audio automatically redirected to headphones but not any more (after updating to 1803). Now, I need to manually disable speakers after connecting...