Windows 10: How to enable two-finger-click for right-click?

Discus and support How to enable two-finger-click for right-click? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got a brand new Windows 10 Lenovo laptop, but I immediately discovered that i can't two-finger-click to right-click, which I am used to from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oz1sej, May 31, 2020.

1. /u/oz1sej Win User

How to enable two-finger-click for right-click?

I just got a brand new Windows 10 Lenovo laptop, but I immediately discovered that i can't two-finger-click to right-click, which I am used to from my old Acer laptop. I've tried to google for how to enable that, but much to my dismay I discovered that I don't have half the options on the relevant settings page that is shown on https://mywindowshub.com/how-to-enable-right-click-with-two-finger-tap-gesture-on-windows-10/ I can only change sensitivity.

So what can you guys suggest?

submitted by /u/oz1sej
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oz1sej, May 31, 2020

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 31, 2020
  3. two finger tap right click

Hi Likhith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We are unable to tell about the where the settings could be since it differ depending on the driver manufacturer. I would suggest you contact the Manufacturer regarding the settings. However, you may try and update touchpad driver and check if it enables two
    finger right-click action.

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the problem is resolved.
    • Restart your system.
    Lenovo Forums:
    https://forums.lenovo.com/

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 31, 2020
  4. How to enable two-finger-click for right-click?

How to enable touch screen function on Lenovo ideapad 500

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to enable touch in Lenovo idea pad. Please perform the steps and check if you can enable your touch screen.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start Menu, locate and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View by: Category and change it into
      Large or Small Icons.
    • Click on Pen and Touch, once there click on theTouch tab and check the option
      “Use your finger as Input Device”.

For further assistance I suggest you to contact with Lenovo support:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, May 31, 2020
Thema:

How to enable two-finger-click for right-click?

1. How to enable two-finger-click for right-click? - Similar Threads - enable finger click

2. Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad: Hello, I want to disable the two finger click right click on my touchpad. This is especially relevent when using a browser so that two finger clicking on a link opens that link in a new tab. I am aware that there is a setting in the touchpad menu that lets you disable "Tap...
  3. Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad: Hello, I want to disable the two finger click right click on my touchpad. This is especially relevent when using a browser so that two finger clicking on a link opens that link in a new tab. I am aware that there is a setting in the touchpad menu that lets you disable "Tap...
  4. Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disabling two finger right click on touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling two finger right click on touchpad: Hi!I would like to know if there is a way to disable the two finger right click on the touchpad. Just to be as clear as possible, I do mean "click" and not "tap".I would like to have it so that the only time I right click is when I touch the bottom right corner of the...
  6. Disabling two finger right click on touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling two finger right click on touchpad: Hi!I would like to know if there is a way to disable the two finger right click on the touchpad. Just to be as clear as possible, I do mean "click" and not "tap".I would like to have it so that the only time I right click is when I touch the bottom right corner of the...
  7. How to enable Two Finger Tap for Right Click in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Two Finger Tap for Right Click in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you are looking for ways to enable two-finger tap for right-click on Windows 11/10, then this post will help you. One of the most basic features that we use on a Windows OS is to right-click anywhere on the desktop or a file/folder to open the context menu and...
  8. Looking for clarification on how two-finger right-click works

Looking for clarification on how two-finger right-click works: I've recently purchases a mid-2019 Razer Blade 15 base model, and have been having issues with the two-finger right-click not tap. I'm finding that the function only works if I remove both fingers from the touchpad before clicking. If I keep one finger on the touchpad to...
  9. Touchpad won't right-click with two fingers or scroll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad won't right-click with two fingers or scroll: I have a MacBook pro and used bootcamp. Everything was working fine until a blue cursor started to show up. Then afterwards, I could not scroll or use my right-click on my touchpad. I have tried every option shown, including uninstalling it, disabling it and everything I...
  10. synaptics - Two finger click to right click not working

synaptics - Two finger click to right click not working: Hi, I have synaptics touchpad installed and even though two finger click is enabled in the synaptics control panel, it still does not allow me to. It seems it is only that gesture that's not working as two finger scroll works, so does all 3 finger and 4 finger gestures....