Windows 10: How to enable USB ports from safe mode for standard mode Windows 10

Discus and support How to enable USB ports from safe mode for standard mode Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok so I followed advice that instinctively seemed wrong but I trusted it. In order to troubleshoot a USB connected xbox controller not working well I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JPP6, Jan 14, 2020.

1. JPP6 Win User

How to enable USB ports from safe mode for standard mode Windows 10

Ok so I followed advice that instinctively seemed wrong but I trusted it. In order to troubleshoot a USB connected xbox controller not working well I disabled USB ports in device manager with the intent of re-enabling them after a restart, and the article I read stated that the ports would automatically be re-enabled after reboot. Of course they are not, and I cannot use the system in any way since my keyboard and mouse are USB based. I ordered a PS/2 mouse but of course amazon is late with shipping and I need to get work done, so I'm trying to troubleshoot before the mpuse arrives.

I am able to boot into safe mode and from there the keyboard and mouse work, but how do I reenable the USB ports for regular, non safe mode?

:)

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 14, 2020
  4. How to enable USB ports from safe mode for standard mode Windows 10

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

How to enable USB ports from safe mode for standard mode Windows 10

1. How to enable USB ports from safe mode for standard mode Windows 10 - Similar Threads - enable USB ports

2. Enable F8 Safe Mode Boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable F8 Safe Mode Boot: How can I turn on this function, again? I have tried the following: bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy and bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes as per online searches. But, I get the following message: >>The set command specified is not valid. >>Run...
  3. how to change safe mode to normal mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change safe mode to normal mode: I have searched everywhere to change safe mode can't open apps ,Cortana or sound notification telling me can not access in safe mode this is a h-p laptop HELP...
  4. Refresh windows from safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refresh windows from safe mode: For some reason my windows only boots from some configuration of grub and safe mode. I want to refresh or reinstall it, but when I load a usb iso it says that I already have windows on my computer, and when I try to run 'setup.exe' (that's located in the usb) in safe mode, it...
  5. How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login?: I cannot log into 64-bit Microsoft Windows 10 Home. What happened was I used MSCONFIG to activate Minimal Safe Mode boot. However, before rebooting I only had my Windows PIN written down and not my Microsoft password. I figured that Minimal Safe Mode without Networking...
  6. How to simulate Windows 10 safe mode from normal mode operation by disabling or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to simulate Windows 10 safe mode from normal mode operation by disabling or...: Dear helper, I am quite practical on computer hardware and software and like to experiment with them. Recently on Lenovo X200S laptop, I am experiencing a very weird behavior: the laptop blocks with the windows 10 sorry logo, reporting all kind of illegal operations, mostly...
  7. How to exit from Safe Mode

How to exit from Safe Mode: So I was trying to get into safe mode and was looking online how to do it. Here I came across that you can access safe mode by running msconfig and selecting safe boot. PC restarted and went into safe mode but soon I find myself unable to log in from the sign in page ( I...
  8. Computer Speed Slow in Windows Standard Mode But Normal in Safe Mode

Computer Speed Slow in Windows Standard Mode But Normal in Safe Mode: I have a Dell XPS 13 9350 Laptop. Running Windows it operates slowly. Checking the speed in Task Manager it shows processor usage of never more than 16% and processor speed of .38 Gigahertz and sure enough everything runs like molasses. When I boot into Safe Mode and check...
  9. Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode: I started up in safe mode and my windows directory got corrupted and had to restore from a backup. Any thoughts on why? My OS is on an SSD and was wondering if it has gone bad. 107033
  10. Boot to safe mode from USB or bat for win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot to safe mode from USB or bat for win10?: Win10 dose not seem to us F8 anymore dunno if it ever did and I hesitate to do a few hard reboots in a row at restart to get it to come up, so how in the heck do you get into safemode? 73735