Windows 10: How to enable Virtual Technology in Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 having Intel Core 2 Duo Processor?

Discus and support How to enable Virtual Technology in Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 having Intel Core 2 Duo Processor? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear all, I own Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 laptop. I have installed Windows 10 Pro x64 bit. Recently, I installed Android Studio and I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mohan Hembram, Jun 21, 2020.

1. How to enable Virtual Technology in Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 having Intel Core 2 Duo Processor?

Dear all,

I own Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 laptop. I have installed Windows 10 Pro x64 bit. Recently, I installed Android Studio and I could not create virtual device. I got an error that VT-X is disabled in BIOS screenshot attached . I am also enclosing the processor details. As per the Processor detail, there is Virtual Technology. But there is no option for enabling Virtual Technology in the BIOS. Please help me in enabling Virtual Technology. How to enable Virtual Technology in Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 having Intel Core 2 Duo Processor? 05802adb-b1e4-4968-b5dd-0dffc72417f5?upload=true.jpg

How to enable Virtual Technology in Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 having Intel Core 2 Duo Processor? b56ffc2d-76be-4f26-a233-7154a1d5675a?upload=true.jpg

:)

Mohan Hembram, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Fafhrd Win User

Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6670

The asterisk * in coreinfo shows that the feature is present - logically, if all those *features were not present, the processor would not be able to do much at all!

What is in the BIOS or on the Motherboard that is interfering with the recognition - is there a BIOS update for the machine - and is there a switch for NX in the BIOS?

Intel Core™2 Duo Processor T6670 (2M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) Specifications

How to enable Virtual Technology in Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 having Intel Core 2 Duo Processor? [​IMG]

- the Intel entry for that T6670 Processor states that it has the Execute disable bit present, but has a footnote:

So Toshiba may have turned it off *Huh

BIOS Downloads | Toshiba - Toshiba

How to enable Virtual Technology in Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 having Intel Core 2 Duo Processor? [​IMG]

Check with CPU-z or some other system info tool that the BIOS is dated 04/11/09 the date of the latest update.

Utterly frustrating for you. *Sad

Fafhrd, Jun 21, 2020
  3. firehowse Win User
    core 2 duo processor not supported

Windows 10 returns the message core 2 duo processor not supported. Is there a solution for this?

firehowse, Jun 21, 2020
  4. How to enable Virtual Technology in Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 having Intel Core 2 Duo Processor?

core 2 duo processor not supported

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to connect to Core 2 duo processor as it is not supported. We will help you to resolve this issue.

• Please let us know, when exactly you are getting this error?

I suggest you to check with the System Requirements, refer to the below link:

Specifications

I suggest you to download official ISO media for Windows 10 from Microsoft and check:

Download official ISO media for Windows 10 from Microsoft

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

How to enable Virtual Technology in Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 having Intel Core 2 Duo Processor?

1. How to enable Virtual Technology in Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 having Intel Core 2 Duo Processor? - Similar Threads - enable Virtual Technology

2. When enabling core isolation, the virtualization technology can not be used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When enabling core isolation, the virtualization technology can not be used.: When enabling core isolation, some softwares prompted that this device do not have the virtualization technology. Such as Android Studio, VMware Workstation. LeoMoon CPU-V says the device does not support this technology....
  3. When enabling core isolation, the virtualization technology can not be used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When enabling core isolation, the virtualization technology can not be used.: When enabling core isolation, some softwares prompted that this device do not have the virtualization technology. Such as Android Studio, VMware Workstation. LeoMoon CPU-V says the device does not support this technology....
  4. Вапрос до intel core duo 2 e8400 - Question to intel core duo 2 e8400

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Вапрос до intel core duo 2 e8400 - Question to intel core duo 2 e8400: У мене в пк стоить E8400 смогу я установить Виндоус 10 64бит?- - - - Google translation Title: Question to intel core duo 2 e8400 Message: I have an E8400 in my PC, can I install Windows 10 64bit?* Moved from Windows Live Mail...
  5. How to enable Virtualization technology

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable Virtualization technology: Please how do I access UEFI firmware settings on my HP Pavilion dv6500? I have tried the following: *I used F10 to access the setup but I can't find "advanced tab" or anywhere to enable my "Virtualization Technology" *I also went to Start>>>Settings>>>Update &...
  6. Trouble with enabling virtualization technology

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble with enabling virtualization technology: Hello, I am having trouble enabling virtualization on my HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop. I have looked into the Bios setting on startup and cannot find any way to turn virtualization on. I am needing to turn it on so I can run Blue Stacks. Blue Stacks is a petty much google...
  7. virtualization technology not enabled

virtualization technology not enabled: I have windows 10 installed in my pc and i'm trying to run virtualbox but the virtualization technology is disabled. The bios mode is legacy insted of UEFI so its not displayed in the advanced setting also. Now i need helpto enable virtualization tech....
  8. GTX 960 and Intel Core 2 duo E8500

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 960 and Intel Core 2 duo E8500: I was wondering if a Nvidia GTX 960, Intel core 2 duo E8500 and a 8gb ram will run games such as gta v?
  9. BSOD - Intel Virtualization Technology

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Intel Virtualization Technology: I enabled Intel Virtualization Technology for the first time in the BIOS and got BSOD. I disabled it and it booted up fine. I ran your diagnostic tool and the file is enclosed. Windows 10 Pro v1709 Asus z270-a Motherboard Intel i7-7700K TP-LINK T9E PCI wireless adaptor...
  10. Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6670

Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6670: I am trying to Upgrade my Protege M750 with Intel® C™2 Duo processor T6670. The Upgrade starts but after while I got message Processor not supported. Any explanention why it is happened as even older processors are supported 45368