Windows 10: How to enable Windows 10 hardware accelerated GPU scheduling

Discus and support How to enable Windows 10 hardware accelerated GPU scheduling in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you follow Windows 10 development at all, you’ve probably heard this “Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling” buzzword that’s been going around since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 7, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to enable Windows 10 hardware accelerated GPU scheduling

If you follow Windows 10 development at all, you’ve probably heard this “Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling” buzzword that’s been going around since last year. At that point, Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling was little more than just an option in Settings, but after driver update, the setting is now functional.

If you want to check out the new feature and see if it makes a difference to your apps or games, you would first need to check that you’re running Windows 10 version 2004 or Build 19041 in Settings > System > about.

On May 2020 Update, you would need to download Nvidia GeForce 451.48+ or Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.5.1 Beta driver. While the Nvidia GeForce 451.48 enables GPU scheduling support for everyone, AMD has currently limited the availability of its new driver to beta testers.

Once you’ve got the latest version of Windows 10 and drivers, you can turn on or off the feature using Settings and Windows Registry.

Turn On or Off Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Settings

To enable hardware accelerated GPU scheduling on Windows 10, use these steps:

1. Open Start Menu and tap on Settings cog icon.
    2. In Settings, click on ‘System’ and open ‘Display’ tab.
    3. Under the “Multiple Displays” section, select “Graphics settings”.
    4. Turn on or off “Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling” option.
    5. Restart the system.
    Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling using Registry

To force hardware accelerated GPU scheduling on Windows 10, use these steps:

1. Open Windows Search.
    2. Search for ‘Registry’ and select the first option.
    3. In Registry editor, navigate to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers’.
    4. Locate DWORD tiled “HwSchMode” and use the following values:
      1 = Off
      2 = On
    5. Restart the system.
    6. Open Settings > Display > Graphics settings and toggle the option.
    Understanding the hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling feature

Long story short, hardware accelerated GPU scheduling feature in Windows 10 represents a fundamental redesign in how Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) works. While Microsoft says users won’t see any significant changes after activating it now, some believe that the feature could reduce input lag on low-end and mid-core processors.

Windows 10 hardware accelerated GPU scheduling feature passes most GPU scheduling tasks to a dedicated GPU-based scheduling processor, which should free up the CPU a little and can potentially equate to a small input lag improvement.

The post How to enable Windows 10 hardware accelerated GPU scheduling appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10 version 2004

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/direc...pu-scheduling/

Brink, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Buddha Win User
    How do I enable Hardware Acceleration?

While trying to install OS2 Warp 4 to a Virtual Machine under Virtualbox, I'm informed that it won't run because Hardware Acceleration is not enabled.

Can someone PLEASE tell me, step by step, how to do this? Show some mercy on me and don't refer me to MS articles I need an engineer to translate.

Buddha, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Bringing GPU acceleration to Windows containers

Source: Bringing GPU acceleration to Windows containers - Microsoft Tech Community - 393939

Brink, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. How to enable Windows 10 hardware accelerated GPU scheduling - Similar Threads - enable hardware accelerated

2. OBS stream crash when Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OBS stream crash when Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled: Stream abruptly stops bitrate is 0 kb/s and OBS crashes Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabledi created ticket with OBS but according to them its a GPU vendor/ Microsoft issue https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/8746 since I'm using a 40xx gpu , and...
  3. OBS stream crash when Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OBS stream crash when Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled: Stream abruptly stops bitrate is 0 kb/s and OBS crashes Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabledi created ticket with OBS but according to them its a GPU vendor/ Microsoft issue https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/8746 since I'm using a 40xx gpu , and...
  4. After enabling hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and restarted, no internet browsers will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After enabling hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and restarted, no internet browsers will...: After enabling hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and restarted, no internet browsers will work. They open and load the page for a split second then crash.For chrome it says "Aw, Snap" with the error code "Crashpad_NotConnectedToHandler"For edge it says "This page is having...
  5. hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing: Hi,I've upgraded my graphics card to an Amd rx 6650 xt today.Which supports hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling in windows,but I didn't find it in System > Display > Graphics > Change Default Graphics SettingsI have installed the latest drivers already, and have run windows...
  6. hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing: Hi,I've upgraded my graphics card to an Amd rx 6650 xt today.Which supports hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling in windows,but I didn't find it in System > Display > Graphics > Change Default Graphics SettingsI have installed the latest drivers already, and have run windows...
  7. Hardware - Accelerated GPU Scheduling not found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hardware - Accelerated GPU Scheduling not found: submitted by /u/Rujularora [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpcm8d/hardware_accelerated_gpu_scheduling_not_found/
  8. How to enable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Microsoft has introduced a new interesting feature in Windows 10 that is named Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling. This feature is part of the WDDM 2.7 that […] This article How to enable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  9. Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling

Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling: Hello, I understand that Nvidia supports the titled feature with their new driver released yesterday. Is the ability to activate this feature tied to the 2004 Windows 10 update? My system apparently is still not ready for 2004, and I do not have the toggle for...
  10. No “Hardware accelerated GPU Scheduling” option

No “Hardware accelerated GPU Scheduling” option: I am on windows 2004 which I had to upgrade through the update tool, and there seems to be no issues. But, I heard the feature I mentioned above was in the graphics settings and could help improve performance, but I don’t see it. I only get the option to set like high...