Windows 10: How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

Discus and support How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DefinitelyNotABot, Jun 25, 2022.

1. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including the web filter and telemetry, as well as its built-in antivirus, but uninstalling it completely is not an option for me as I need its VPN functionality to do my job. This third party antivirus is crippled at the neck, and it no longer starts automatically, but I still can't start WDF. Most threads on this issue list "

:)

DefinitelyNotABot, Jun 25, 2022
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 25, 2022
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    3rd party antivirus/firewall and win10

Antivirus; the attempt by Microsoft to remove (uninstall) or limit 3rd party antivirus and firewalls is truly overreach.

This action is purely designed to make the win10 systems allow Microsoft products and setting not be blocked by other software.

Automatically turning on the built in defender and windows firewall before a 3rd party product has finished updating, being completely uninstalled or temporally paused should not invoke win10 to restart its built in products, but it does infract do this.

This is true for any pc that has any win10 files including the get win10 gwx program in win7 and 8.1.

This corrupts the installation of 3rd party product's so as to not allow the program to use its full capacity, there by making the system venerable.

The only option is to have to uninstall the 3rd party software and reinstall, this can be a real pain to reconfigure on every win10 updates build.

I can only think that this is also why Microsoft is making it difficult to use any other system protection but its own.

A big step in the wrong direction.

kjl1956, Jun 25, 2022
  4. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

Use Windows 10 firewall with third party antivirus

Installing third-party antivirus software that does not include its own firewall will not disable Windows' built-in firewall. In this case you can (and should) continue using the Windows firewall.

You might be asking this question because the Windows firewall is now called the Windows Defender firewall. However, it's not actually an integral part of the Windows Defender antivirus/anti-malware software. The Windows firewall existed long before Windows defender...it actually hails all the way back from the days of Windows XP.

The Windows firewall is on by default, so unless you intentionally disable it or install a security software program that does so, it will be enabled and protecting your computer.

I say Reinstate Monica, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

1. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus - Similar Threads - enable Defender Firewall

2. Solved - How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Solved - How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services, renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  3. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  4. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  5. Third-party antivirus and Defender

Third-party antivirus and Defender: Hi all, I hope I can be as clear as possible. I have Kaspersky Total Security, and I've had it since December. Every once in a while I'll get notifications to turn on Microsoft Defender - I understand installing third-party antivirus software will turn off/disable Defender,...
  6. Cannot turn Microsoft Defender back on after uninstalling third-party antivirus

Cannot turn Microsoft Defender back on after uninstalling third-party antivirus: Hello, I've been using Bitdefender Free for years and I wanted to start using Microsoft Defender MD, because I've recently heard that it works very well. I knew MD is deactivated when another antivirus is installed and is supposed to activate on its own as soon as no other...
  7. Would removing a Third Party AntiVirus software render Windows Defender Firewall inoperable

Would removing a Third Party AntiVirus software render Windows Defender Firewall inoperable: I recently sent my laptop in for repair and ended up getting a new hard drive with the Mcafee LiveScan installed. After uninstalling the third-party software, Windows defender Firewall will not start and gives me the error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to...
  8. How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software?

How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software?: How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-start-microsoft-defenderafter-i-uninstalled/30952e86-ffb0-4793-a8a7-e5edb9456986
  9. Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed: Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed. I have avast antivirus installed on my PC, but I have found that if a third party antivirus is installed windows ransomware protection is not activated. is there a way to use windows ransomware...
  10. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender: Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I had Eset for years with Malwarebytes as backup manual scanner, now with Win10 I'm considering leaving the paid antivirus...