Windows 10: How to enable Windows internet search via Windows Taskbar

Discus and support How to enable Windows internet search via Windows Taskbar in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, how do I enable internet search via Windows Taskbar?I used to be able to type a question or a topic and internet results would pop up from that... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SheikhTashdeedAhmed, Sep 14, 2021.

1. How to enable Windows internet search via Windows Taskbar

Hello, how do I enable internet search via Windows Taskbar?I used to be able to type a question or a topic and internet results would pop up from that place on my taskbar on the bottom left.But for some time, it is not working. If I type a word or a question, it shows me nothing but only a magnifying glass saying 'Search the Web for this question'.Upon pressing that word, Microsoft Edge opens up searching Bing for the word or question I typed. I want that thing to happen on my taskbar.It used to always work before.I signed into and out of Cortana and restarted pc each time. None of that helped

:)

SheikhTashdeedAhmed, Sep 14, 2021

2. Links will not open on Windows 10 and search button not getting displayed on the taskbar.

Hi Patsy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if search box is disable from taskbar and also there is change in browser settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Which browser are you using on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message while browsing the web pages?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enable search bar and also check the web pages issues in the Internet Explorer. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to enable the Search bar.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Cortana option.

3. Select Show Search box.

4. Check if it helps.

Step 2: Also try to check the issue with Internet Explorer and access the website through it.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type “Internet Explorer” without the quotes on Search bar and click on it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Search bar and also opening links in the browser, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 14, 2021
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 14, 2021
  4. I_askYou Win User

How to enable Windows internet search via Windows Taskbar

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

How to enable Windows internet search via Windows Taskbar

1. How to enable Windows internet search via Windows Taskbar - Similar Threads - enable internet search

2. How to enable seconds on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable seconds on the taskbar?: I tried getting seconds to display on the taskbar going into my settings but the option doesnt appear. It works on another older PC but not the one I'm currently using....
  3. How to enable web results in windows search

in Cortana
    How to enable web results in windows search: My Edition -Windows 10 Home Single LanguageWindows version--21H2OS Build---19044.1706My windows search web results are not availablehow can i enable web results in windows search...
  4. How to enable web results in windows search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable web results in windows search: My Edition -Windows 10 Home Single LanguageWindows version--21H2OS Build---19044.1706My windows search web results are not availablehow can i enable web results in windows search...
  5. How to enable web results in windows search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10: Windows Search can show search results from your cloud storage accounts. However, if you want to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in the Taskbar search box, here is how you can do that. It is possible to turn it on or off using Windows Settings, Registry Editor, and...
  7. Windows search in taskbar

in Cortana
    Windows search in taskbar: Hi, I can't search though my pc from my task bar or menu start. I remember if i started typing while the menu start was open it started searching for what i was typing. But now its like my pc doesn't recognize i'm typing. I 've already tried to reboot the service 'Windows...
  8. Taskbar - search window

in Cortana
    Taskbar - search window: How can I keep the search window from popping up and getting in my way when I don't want it.? It pops up unexpectedly and I have trouble closing it. Why does it pop up?...
  9. windows search in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows search in taskbar: I was forced to update my windows 10. Then after the update, this huge white searchbar appears in the taskbar, and when I click on it, useless "top apps" and "Recent activities" pops up. 1. How do i remove the searchbar and just keep the icon as it was 2. How can i get it...
  10. how to disable run via search on Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to disable run via search on Windows 10?: We are trying to prevent our users from running various commands that we don't specifically approve. We have implemented Applocker, but that doesn't prevent the user from running commands beginning with rundll32.exe or regsrv32.exe. In previous versions of Windows the group...