Windows 10: How to enable Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver?

Discus and support How to enable Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Problem: Whenever I look up Data usage in windows it is always 0 MB. I googled for causes and think I found the issue. Apparently something disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/searchanime23, Nov 23, 2020.

1. How to enable Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver?

Problem: Whenever I look up Data usage in windows it is always 0 MB. I googled for causes and think I found the issue. Apparently something disabled the "Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver". I suspect either GlassWire which I used some time ago or a VPN i used to use. I checked the files in system32 and the Ndu.sys driver is present. I checked services but found no service that is called that way, otherwise I would just enable it there. How do I manually enable Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver again?

submitted by /u/searchanime23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/searchanime23, Nov 23, 2020

2. network internet data usage

Hi,

One possible reason why the network data usage isn't showing up may be due to a third party program causing it not to work properly. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you using a third party app to monitor your internet usage?
    • Are you on a metered connection? To check, click this
      link
      and follow the steps.

We look forward to your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Nov 23, 2020
  3. dodgybro Win User
    Data usage on Windows 10

THE ANSWER YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WANTING

Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and by app usage.

Kindly follow the below steps to reset network data usage back to "ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO" as needed in Windows 10.

Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to reset network data usage.

• Temporarily disable your active network adapter(s), or start Windows into safe mode.
    • Open File Explorer, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder, and open it.
    • Delete all contents inside the sru folder.
    • Enable your active network adapter(s) again, or start Windows back into normal mode.

This will reset all COUNTERS, I suggest copy pasting the directions into a wordpad doc or the like and keep for whenever you wish to reset manually.

Only counters I used in Windows 7, were the right click properties of my network device. Disconnection of the device deleted all of that sessions counter data, and CC Cleaner was used to clean all cache files from windows etc.

dodgybro, Nov 23, 2020
  4. How to enable Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver?

How to Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10

Hi Kuriakose,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and by app usage.

Kindly follow the below steps to reset network data usage back to zero as needed in
    Windows 10.

Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to reset network data usage.

• Temporarily disable your active network adapter(s), or start Windows into safe mode.
    • Open File Explorer, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder, and open it.
    • Delete all contents inside the sru folder.
    • Enable your active network adapter(s) again, or start Windows back into normal mode.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

How to enable Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver?

1. How to enable Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver? - Similar Threads - enable Network Data

2. Massive data usage by "System" in network usage statistics.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive data usage by "System" in network usage statistics.: What could be causing this? I have downloaded a few games on Gamepass, but nowhere near 1tb+ They only add up to 150gb. None of the games have updated. I'm currently using a 4g unlimited connection but unfortunately my 4g provider has a FUP fair usage policy and i don't...
  3. Massive data usage by "System" in network usage statistics.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive data usage by "System" in network usage statistics.: What could be causing this? I have downloaded a few games on Gamepass, but nowhere near 1tb+ They only add up to 150gb. None of the games have updated. I'm currently using a 4g unlimited connection but unfortunately my 4g provider has a FUP fair usage policy and i don't...
  4. How to delete "battery usage per app" and network "Data usage" reports data ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete "battery usage per app" and network "Data usage" reports data ?: Hi, How can I delete "battery usage per app" network "Data usage" reports data?I've been struggling for days, and googled a lot but I found nothing.I just don't want Windows to report about my battery and data usage per app, I am concerned for my privacy, and Windows makes...
  5. Network Data Usage stuck at 0Mb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Data Usage stuck at 0Mb: Hello, I used to have this problem where the data usage would never count. Now I have it working smoothly through some research and would like to share that information to others as Microsoft hasn't addressed this issue. Some of you may not know that, you can view your...
  6. Cellular network data usage notification

Cellular network data usage notification: I have a large number of windows 10 Enterprise users tho regularly use their mobile/cellular connections. I want all users to receive notifications/warning from Windows 10 when they reach 2 or 4 GB of data usage on the Mobile/Cellular but I cannot find a way to do this with...
  7. The best data usage monitors for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    The best data usage monitors for Windows: If you want to know how much data you are using on a Windows PC over time, you will have to use third-party programs for that. While you may check the Task Manager or Resource Monitor directly to get current readings, you will notice that these built-in tools are not suitable...
  8. Monitoring Data usages in Windows 10.

Monitoring Data usages in Windows 10.: How To Calculate Data Usages on Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 ***Modified Title from: Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitoring-data-usages-in-windows-10/635baf45-0bfd-4a2d-a820-fe3188a560da
  9. Data monitor usage for windows 10

Data monitor usage for windows 10: Hi, there. I want a software which will monitor my each day's data usage, as I have limited data everyday. Can anyone suggest for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-monitor-usage-for-windows-10/23f8a591-51a3-4b40-a58a-291883b83892
  10. Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10: How to: Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10 How to Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and...