Windows 10: How to enable Windows Sandbox in VMware Workstation

Discus and support How to enable Windows Sandbox in VMware Workstation in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can enable and use Windows Sandbox in VMware guest operating system running Windows 10. However, you cannot use a nested virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 24, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable Windows Sandbox in VMware Workstation

How to enable Windows Sandbox in VMware Workstation Enable-and-use-Windows-Sandbox-in-VMware-Windows-virtual-machine-2-100x100.png
    How to enable Windows Sandbox in VMware Workstation Enable-and-use-Windows-Sandbox-in-VMware-Windows-virtual-machine-2-150x95.png You can enable and use Windows Sandbox in VMware guest operating system running Windows 10. However, you cannot use a nested virtual machine on Windows unless you have and enable certain functionality related to your processor. That is the reason, [...]

This post How to enable Windows Sandbox in VMware Workstation is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jan 24, 2019
  2. S_Shah165 Win User

SandBox and VMware issue

Hi,

I like the new Sandbox feature of Windows 10 1903 build and it is awesome by trying the new files without infecting the whole system. But I have the
    problem of connecting it to the internet and always disconnected. I changed the adapter settings so many times but with no success.

The Other problem I am facing is that I am using VMware software. But when I run the windows inside the VMware it gives me error
    "VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard. Please visit VMware Knowledge Base for more details."

So what I do is to turn off the Hyper-v by using CMD and run this command "bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off" and I have to restart my pc to take the effect. After restart, VMware works fine and run the Windows smoothly but then the
    problem arises with the Sandbox and when I click on the Sandbox, it just shows the splash screen and not starting on. So for the SandBox to run properly, I have to turn on the hyper-v again by using CMD command "
    bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto" and have to restart the system again. Sometimes the Sandbox crashes and showing the blue screen pc ran a problem. I don't know how to solve these problems so I can run both sandbox and VMware windows
    at the same time and I don't have to run the CMD command again and again and have to restart the pc multiple times. I hope Windows Software Engineer will look at this problem and solve these issues. Everyone is welcome to comment and suggest. Thanks

S_Shah165, Dec 16, 2019
  3. c00000fd Win User
    Can I enable Windows Sandbox feature in a VMWare Workstation virtual machine?

I'm trying to test the Windows Sandbox feature released for Windows insiders. I have Win10 Pro 1809 build 18309 installed in a virtual machine in VMWare Workstation. So when I go to enable it, I'm getting this message:

How to enable Windows Sandbox in VMware Workstation tHxlW.png

The post I linked above has a blurb about running the following PowerShell command:

But I'm not really sure what am I supposed to use instead of <VMName>.

Did anyone have any luck enabling it in a VMWare VM?

c00000fd, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Ramhound Win User

VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard

Windows Sandbox cannot be enabled on Windows 10 Home. The workaround you most likely used, does not even work, and has never actually worked. However, when you attempted to enable Windows Sandbox, it also enabled Credential Guard and Device Guard.

The first thing you need to backup any critical files you cannot live without. Depending on the state of your system you might decide it's time to simply reinstall Windows 10 Home. An alternative is to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional so you can Enable Windows Sandbox then disable it properly. The following suggestion was written against an assumption that Windows Sandbox was properly enabled and not left in a broken state due to a workaround solution on Windows 10 Home.

Source:

Ramhound, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. How to enable Windows Sandbox in VMware Workstation - Similar Threads - enable Sandbox VMware

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  4. How to install Windows 11 in VMware Workstation

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Windows 11 in VMware Workstation: If you want to learn more about how to install Windows 11 in VMware Workstation, you are at the right place, as we will be giving you every step you must follow in the following sections of this guide. VMware Workstation is one of the world's most used virtual machine...
  5. How to enable TPM 2.0 support in VMware Workstation Player for free

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable TPM 2.0 support in VMware Workstation Player for free: It can be quite a hassle to upgrade your main computer to Windows 11, just to roll back to Windows 10. The best way to find out if you will like Windows 11, is by testing it first hand, on a virtual machine. We showed you ways to download the ISO, how to bypass the TPM...
  6. Opinion needed - Windows Sandbox or VMware Workstation?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Opinion needed - Windows Sandbox or VMware Workstation?: Hi all - Been doing some software testing with nasty malware. Which would be best? I want the TPM chip to be in play here. Sandbox seems sluggish. Thanks! *Smile 155936
  7. SandBox and VMware issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SandBox and VMware issue: Hi, I like the new Sandbox feature of Windows 10 1903 build and it is awesome by trying the new files without infecting the whole system. But I have the problem of connecting it to the internet and always disconnected. I changed the adapter settings so many times but with...
  8. Configure VMware Workstation

Configure VMware Workstation: Hi, Based on a scenario, I have queries as following. VMware Workstation 12 Pro is installed in a Windows 10 Desktop. As guest OS, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are installed in VMware Workstation. I have to do a setup for networking...
  9. VMWare Workstation 10.4

VMWare Workstation 10.4: VMWare Workstation 10.4 is on the street. Up and running, and at the moment haven't had any problems running any OS. 2753
  10. vmware workstation 12.5.2

vmware workstation 12.5.2: Hi folks If you are running Linux Hosts this version of VMWARE workstation (and similar release of vmplayer) seems to have fixed problems of "wobbly mouse" etc -- also when scrolling inside the GUEST in windowed mode --I.E Windowed mode WITHIN the guest the scroll is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sandbox and vmware