Windows 10: How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10

Discus and support How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Sandbox is a new feature that you can use to run applications in an isolated environment. Windows Sandbox is basically a lightweight virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 17, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10

Windows Sandbox is a new feature that you can use to run applications in an isolated environment. Windows Sandbox is basically a lightweight virtual machine that’s offered natively on Windows 10 to run untrusted apps without long-lasting impact to the device.

Sandbox for Windows 10 May 2019 Update comes with all required components built-in and you don’t have to configure it by downloading system images or extra software. It has the following advantages:

• Pre-configured – You don’t have to download system image or software to get it up and running.
    • Disposable – Sandbox is fully disposable, so every time you close it, the program will open as a brand-new installation of Windows.
    • Secure – Everything is removed when you close and it also uses hardware-based virtualization for kernel isolation.
    • Performance – The feature is also fast and runs smoothly on mid-end system configuration, thanks to smart memory management and virtual GPU.
    Windows Sandbox system requirements

In order to use Sandbox, you’ve to meet the minimum system requirements:

• Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise or Server.
    • 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended).
    • 1GB of free disk space (SSD recommended).
    • A 64-bit processor capable of virtualization.
    • Virtualization enabled in your motherboard BIOS.
    • CPU with two cores (quad-core chip recommended).

Almost all Windows 10 devices launched since 2016 support virtualization and also meet the minimum hardware requirements, but you cannot use Sandbox if you have Windows 10 Home.

To enable Windows Sandbox, follow these steps:

1. Open Cortana/Search.
    2. Search for “Turn Windows features on or off”.
      How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10 Turn-feature-on-off.jpg
    3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
      How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10 Enable-Windows-Sandbox.jpg
    4. Check “Windows Sandbox” option.
    5. Click on OK.
    6. Restart your PC.

How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10 Start-menu-apps.jpg

After rebooting the system, go to Start and look for Windows Sandbox. Or you can also search for it on Cortana and launch the sandboxed environment.

Experience

How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10 Windows-Sandbox.jpg

The Sandbox launches up as a separate fully-featured and brand-new installation of Windows. It fires up Windows within the OS and you can use it to run untrusted apps, files or browse the random websites.

None of the personalization and settings you’ve enabled will cover over. None of your third-party software or the apps you installed from Store will appear either.

Just like the actual OS, you will still have access to File Explorer, but it’s restricted to the Sandbox and limited storage for good reasons.

Microsoft has placed the classic-style header at the top of the window to avoid confusion with the actual system.

As mentioned, Sandbox is disposable and you can close the window at any time to end the isolated environment session. Once closed, all changes you made within the Sandbox window are discarded and everything is permanently deleted.

Performance

The feature uses Windows Containers and Microsoft has integrated it with Windows 10, so it runs as an app and not a virtual machine which results in better performance.

Sandbox is going to take a huge chunk of your computer’s memory and CPU for its own use. It also uses a portion of the network speed and disk space.

If your PC has limited resources and power intensive apps are running in the background, both Sandbox and PC will run more slowly.

The post How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 17, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

1. How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - enable Sandbox

2. After enable Windows Sandbox it didnt appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After enable Windows Sandbox it didnt appear: Hi everyone!I enable Windows Sandbox, restart computer and nothing happen, i get only error when restarting: powershell.exeThe operation was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes...
  3. After enable Windows Sandbox it didnt appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After enable Windows Sandbox it didnt appear: Hi everyone!I enable Windows Sandbox, restart computer and nothing happen, i get only error when restarting: powershell.exeThe operation was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes...
  4. Boot Repair Loop after enabling either "windows sandbox/bios virtualisation SVM"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Repair Loop after enabling either "windows sandbox/bios virtualisation SVM": Hello,I recently upgraded to win 11 pro to use windows sandbox and hyper-v. In "turn windows features on or off", upon enabling windows sandbox I was prompted to restart where the laptop got stuck in a boot loop. To fix I tried:-updating the bios-reinstalling windows-running...
  5. Boot Repair Loop after enabling either "windows sandbox/bios virtualisation SVM"

Boot Repair Loop after enabling either "windows sandbox/bios virtualisation SVM": Hello,I recently upgraded to win 11 pro to use windows sandbox and hyper-v. Using "turn windows features on or off", upon enabling windows sandbox I was prompted to restart where the laptop got stuck in a boot loop. I then tried updating the bios, reinstalling windows,...
  6. Black Screen After Enabling Sandbox And Restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen After Enabling Sandbox And Restarting: AboutYour PC is monitored and protected.Device specificationsLe nameP85507200 Radeon R5 6 Compute Cores 20-4Ginstalled RADevice IDProduct 10System typePen and touch8GB 6.5 GBb usable312-9876-4726-A37A-14SEFFSEFE4C-0000-0000-AA33564-b operating system 64-based processorNe pen...
  7. Black Screen After Enabling Sandbox And Restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After Enabling Sandbox And Restarting: AboutYour PC is monitored and protected.Device specificationsLe nameP85507200 Radeon R5 6 Compute Cores 20-4Ginstalled RADevice IDProduct 10System typePen and touch8GB 6.5 GBb usable312-9876-4726-A37A-14SEFFSEFE4C-0000-0000-AA33564-b operating system 64-based processorNe pen...
  8. Black Screen After Enabling Sandbox And Restarting

9. Can't enable either Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable either Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox in Windows 11: Hi:I have been trying to enable either Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox on my recently installed Windows 11 PC. So far both processes seem to require Virtualization to be enabled in the BIOS settings - that is done. Then, either one requires some Windows Features to be enabled...
  10. Can't enable either Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox in Windows 11

Can't enable either Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox in Windows 11: Hi:I have been trying to enable either Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox on my recently installed Windows 11 PC. So far both processes seem to require Virtualization to be enabled in the BIOS settings - that is done. Then, either one requires some Windows Features to be enabled...