Windows 10: How to end all unnecessary background processes at once?

Discus and support How to end all unnecessary background processes at once? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I work with a crappy laptop for gaming and ive been able optimize to make games run well on it on it with low settings, but it is really easy to slow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheLoliRavioli, Feb 28, 2021.

1. How to end all unnecessary background processes at once?

I work with a crappy laptop for gaming and ive been able optimize to make games run well on it on it with low settings, but it is really easy to slow down if a process starts eating up a bit too much memory. I then realized that about half of the memory being eaten up is background processes, most of which are just sitting there. there are too many to go through manually, so is there a way to select all of them at once?

submitted by /u/TheLoliRavioli
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheLoliRavioli, Feb 28, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

how can reduce unnecessary background process and other window process in background

Hi Tushar

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

In Windows 10, it is normal to have many, many versions of Scvhost (70+) running all the time, Windows 10 is multi-threaded and a lot of the processes in Windows are divided down into small processes so that can run on the different cores in the processor,
    and this actually keeps the system running fast, and does not slow your system

The processes you can control are as follows:

Turn off all unnecessary startup applications and processes:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See any non-essential items are listed there

If so, select and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list, see any non-essential items are listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Turn off all unnecessary Background Apps

Open the Settings App

Go to Privacy - Background Apps

Turn off any App you do not need running in the background

Restart your PC

DaveM121, Feb 28, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Background Processes

Hi Bijayan

Windows 10 does have a lot of background process thta need to run, sometimes 70+ versions of svchost wil be running. This does not normally affect the responsiveness of your PC

To stop anything that is safe too stop on your Startup:

Turn off all unnecessary startup applications and processes:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See any non-essential items are listed there

If so, select and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list, see any non-essential items are listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Turn off all unnecessary Background Apps

Open the Settings App

Go to Privacy - Background Apps

Turn off any App you do not need running in the background

Restart your PC

DaveM121, Feb 28, 2021
  4. jmdraft Win User

How to end all unnecessary background processes at once?

Unnecessary background stuff – list?

How to end all unnecessary background processes at once? [​IMG]
    I did that a few weeks ago but it’s still slow. So, like I said, I need a list of unnecessary stuff with brief explanations. Example, I want Microsoft Edge. But I don’t have it open and it says it’s running in the background. What does that mean? If off, does that affect its function-performance………what? There is a lot of stuff like this and I don’t want to have to keep turning off, going back to check, turning on again, not remembering what I did, or did not do etc. I want to do it once and forget it.

jmdraft, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

How to end all unnecessary background processes at once?

1. How to end all unnecessary background processes at once? - Similar Threads - end unnecessary background

2. Black background at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black background at once: The black background suddenly appeared after booting, you see that everything is black and it was not, when I open the bar with cut, copy, paste, extract file etc it is also black. I didn't touch or adjust anything, when I turned on the PC and logged in, I saw that everything...
  3. Black background at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black background at once: The black background suddenly appeared after booting, you see that everything is black and it was not, when I open the bar with cut, copy, paste, extract file etc it is also black. I didn't touch or adjust anything, when I turned on the PC and logged in, I saw that everything...
  4. Code to categorically end PushBullet Background Processes in Task Manager.

Code to categorically end PushBullet Background Processes in Task Manager.: My routine for automatically opening PushBullet on Windows boot often works and often does not. When it does not work, the thrice repeated <<taskkill /IM pushbullet.exe /f>> does NOT succeed in ending all three Background Process entries in Task Manager. If I manually end the...
  5. Code to categorically end PushBullet Background Processes in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code to categorically end PushBullet Background Processes in Task Manager.: My routine for automatically opening PushBullet on Windows boot often works and often does not. When it does not work, the thrice repeated <<taskkill /IM pushbullet.exe /f>> does NOT succeed in ending all three Background Process entries in Task Manager. If I manually end the...
  6. Code to categorically end PushBullet Background Processes in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to end process tree??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to end process tree??: On my new pc i cant seem to end a process tree in task manager. I can end the process but the " end process tree" option is missing from the right click menu. Annoying Edit: task tree, my b submitted by /u/Chicken_Slam [link] [comments]...
  8. how can reduce unnecessary background process and other window process in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can reduce unnecessary background process and other window process in background: [ATTACH]i have more than 100 processes pls help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-reduce-unnecessary-background-process-and/596847e8-09e7-41de-895e-896a36b96dc4
  9. Easiest way to close all unnecessary processes before benchmarking?

Easiest way to close all unnecessary processes before benchmarking?: I would like to benchmark my hardware to check it's functioning the way expected but to do that properly I need to close down unnecessary processes. How do I close every program or process that won't affect the benchmark (maybe this is a stupid thing to say but I don't want...
  10. Unnecessary background stuff – list?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unnecessary background stuff – list?: Stuff running in the background slows down the computer so I want to disable (stop) as many as I can without messing up stuff I want to keep (happen). What I want to keep (happen). 1. Auto fill – name, address, email address, phone# etc. 2. User names and passwords....