Windows 10: How to enforce "Details" view in Windows File Select Dialog?

Discus and support How to enforce "Details" view in Windows File Select Dialog? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have customized my views in Windows Explorer as amply described in many places on the web (including here). However, the Windows file selection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rsbrux, Mar 17, 2021.

1. rsbrux Win User

How to enforce "Details" view in Windows File Select Dialog?

I have customized my views in Windows Explorer as amply described in many places on the web (including here). However, the Windows file selection dialog (used e.g. for opening and saving files) merrily ignores these settings. I would like these dialogs to *always* show the details view. How can I achieve this?

:)

rsbrux, Mar 17, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

File selection lost continuously

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

• Are you trying to access detail pane under view tab or right click on the file and select properties and details?

• What are the steps you have followed to open the details view?
    I would suggest you open the folder which contains PDF files and click on view and check details pane and check if you are able to get the details view.

Reply us back with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 17, 2021
  4. How to enforce "Details" view in Windows File Select Dialog?

Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

How to enforce "Details" view in Windows File Select Dialog? windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

How to enforce "Details" view in Windows File Select Dialog?

1. How to enforce "Details" view in Windows File Select Dialog? - Similar Threads - enforce Details view

2. how to activate thumbnail in details view?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to activate thumbnail in details view?: Have a nice day all,I want to activate/enable to show thumbnail of ".ico" and ".png" files in details view. But I couldnt find any guide.In red area Extra large icons, Large icons, Medium icons, Small icons, Tiles, Content it show the thumbnails, but in yellow area List,...
  3. how to activate thumbnail in details view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to activate thumbnail in details view?: Have a nice day all,I want to activate/enable to show thumbnail of ".ico" and ".png" files in details view. But I couldnt find any guide.In red area Extra large icons, Large icons, Medium icons, Small icons, Tiles, Content it show the thumbnails, but in yellow area List,...
  4. how to activate thumbnail in details view?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Config File to Enforce View Settings of a Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Config File to Enforce View Settings of a Folder: Hi all Can a configuration file (like .ini) be kept inside a folder to enforce the following settings of a folder: The Folder View (Including the default options or custom zoom levels between default options) Sort by settings (The actual order as well as...
  6. Add details to files in the detail view

Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  7. Enlarge Details View in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enlarge Details View in File Explorer: Hi! I've been searching for a solution to enlarge the details view in File Explorer for years, also other people have asked on the web for a solution to this but no answer so far, so I ask it here too: do you know any solution to make the text and icons of the files and...
  8. Windows 10 file explorer details view is bigger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 file explorer details view is bigger: Hello everyone I updated to Windows 10 2004 from 1909 and noticed that the details view in the file explorer looks different and more spaced out that it did before. I want to ask: how can I make this more compact? For reference: this is what I am hoping to achive in terms...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer details view

Windows 10 File Explorer details view: I want Windows 10 File Explorer to always show detail view, without regard to the file types. I want the default view, for any and all drives (local, thumb drives, USB drives, DVDs, etc), to be detail view. No matter what type file, the view should always be details, even...
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344