Windows 10: How to enforce usage of MSVCR100.dll? Change from Win7--->Win10?

Discus and support How to enforce usage of MSVCR100.dll? Change from Win7--->Win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a small utility which uses the MS C++ Redistributable library msvcr100.dll It works successfully on Windows 7. Now I put the program and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pstein, Apr 25, 2017.

1. pstein Win User

How to enforce usage of MSVCR100.dll? Change from Win7--->Win10?

I have a small utility which uses the MS C++ Redistributable library msvcr100.dll

It works successfully on Windows 7.

Now I put the program and all accompaning files (including msvcr100.dll) on an USB flash drive.

When I plugin that USB flash drive into another computer with Win10 and try to start it Win10 tells me something similar to

"MSCVR100.DLL is not design for Windows or contains errors."

It IS designed for Windows and it works on Windows 7!!!

So whats the error?

Do I have to use a different MSVCR100.DLL for Windows 10? From where do I get this?

Or does the program use another MSVCR100.dll?
    I set the PATH (temporarily) to

.;<....normal PATH...>

Mind the leading dot!

So from my point of view the current local msvcr100.dll from local directory must be fetched.

Any other ideas?

Peter

:)

pstein, Apr 25, 2017
  2. LukeH85 Win User

Windows 10 Cannot Uninstall Mail, Calendar, People, XBox Apps

LOL how is this any different than Apple who clearly enforce the usage of their own proprietary apps and hardware. No different to any other tech giant.

LukeH85, Apr 25, 2017
  3. Change from win7 to win10

Hi

Im free upgrade from win 7 to win 10 on October last year.

Now my disc it's corrupted and Im haven't any operating system.

Its possible recovery or new win10 with key?

RobertTrokowski, Apr 25, 2017
  4. How to enforce usage of MSVCR100.dll? Change from Win7--->Win10?

TairikuOkami, Apr 28, 2017
Thema:

How to enforce usage of MSVCR100.dll? Change from Win7--->Win10?

1. How to enforce usage of MSVCR100.dll? Change from Win7--->Win10? - Similar Threads - enforce usage MSVCR100

2. Missing MSVCR100.DLL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing MSVCR100.DLL: Hello all,While I'm trying to install program I get this message "The program can't start because MSVCR100.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" I have tried all possible solutions on the internet and youtube. Reinstalling seeems...
  3. MSVCR100 dll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSVCR100 dll: What is it and why is it missing, from windows 10, I use it to play films and now they won't play because its a missing file. So why? and where can I retrieve it and how can I add it to the system. It was always there on windows 8. may have to revert to 8, if it cant be...
  4. MSVCR100 dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSVCR100 dll: What is it and why is it missing, from windows 10, I use it to play films and now they won't play because its a missing file. So why? and where can I retrieve it and how can I add it to the system. It was always there on windows 8. may have to revert to 8, if it cant be...
  5. MSVCR100 dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. msvcr100.dll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msvcr100.dll: Im trying to run dying light but i keep getting a msvcr100.dll not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msvcr100dll/9fb61f7d-e830-4dbb-bf4f-37e741adb43d
  7. MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll: My laptop came pre loaded with windows 10 pro. However, MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll were apparently not loaded. Despite seveal attempts to load them again, they are apparently still not there. Certain programmes will not launch without these. Suggestions as to how i can...
  8. Msvcr100.dll issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Msvcr100.dll issue: Recenty i got a little problem with my vcredist Everytime i try to play my games (PointBlank.exe), the game won't run if my SysWOW64 folder has msvcr100.dll in it (and there's no error message appear on my screen", just like forced to close). but if i remove the...
  9. msvcr100.dll Not There But It Is There..

in Windows 10 Support
    msvcr100.dll Not There But It Is There..: win10. A new install, two days old. I have an app complaining it can't run because it can't find msvcr100.dll but a file utility shows it is there and cmd >path shows the folder it is in is in the path. How could this be? [img] [img] [img] 130791
  10. Error message MSVCR100.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message MSVCR100.dll: How do I fix this error message. It says something is missing and cannot open certain programs. Checked on line but Windows 10 fix is not listed. 15397
Tags: