Windows 10: How to ensure Win Mail, Calendar and Contacts will synch when adding a new e-mail account

Discus and support How to ensure Win Mail, Calendar and Contacts will synch when adding a new e-mail account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Yahoo e-mail account through BT. I have been accustomed to using the Windows 10 mail client to access it and the associated calendar and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MDT20, Dec 24, 2019.

1. MDT20 Win User

How to ensure Win Mail, Calendar and Contacts will synch when adding a new e-mail account

I have a Yahoo e-mail account through BT. I have been accustomed to using the Windows 10 mail client to access it and the associated calendar and contacts. Recently, I had to delete and re-create the account on my PC. I used the set-up process to add the account again IMAP4 using advanced settings. This worked perfectly and the e-mails and folders all appear in my Windows Mail client. However, Windows does NOT synchronise either its contacts or calendar apps.

To be specific, once the e-mail account is working, the calendar app looks like this:

How to ensure Win Mail, Calendar and Contacts will synch when adding a new e-mail account bd262c35-830d-41e1-aff3-7a36559b59b1?upload=true.jpg

Note that it has not picked up the Yahoo account I’ve already added and none of the “Add an account” options allow me to ask it to use one it already knows about. I get an error message if I use advanced set-up to attempt to add the account a second time.

Going into the working Mail client, the settings are as follows:

How to ensure Win Mail, Calendar and Contacts will synch when adding a new e-mail account 048d14a7-beef-4181-be58-4ccd3fc61d23?upload=true.jpg

I know from previous cases when all was working correctly that the “Synch options” part should include Contacts and Calendar radio-buttons but I can’t see any way to force them to appear.

The advanced mailbox settings are likewise deficient, as follows:

How to ensure Win Mail, Calendar and Contacts will synch when adding a new e-mail account addb5f57-2f43-41f7-9d23-4a222cd52bc5?upload=true.jpg

When all is working correctly the Synch options section should show connection to the Calendar server https://caldav.calendar.yahoo.com and Contacts server https://carddav.address.yahoo.com. How can this be fixed? I’m on Win 10 v 1909, OS build 18363.535, fully up-to-date.

Thanks for any suggestions!

:)

MDT20, Dec 24, 2019
  2. nolen01 Win User

E-Mail contacts

I know how to access the contacts in Win 10 mail. Either do new mail or forward. Click the To and type in a letter in a contact that you want to send the e-mail . A download list will appear with all of the contracts that have that letter either in the first or last name. It is still difficult to do multiple e-mails in the To .

nolen01, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Exporting & Importing to new e-mail account

I am closing an e-mail account that I have been using for many years. I am not worried about e-mails, the ones I need, I have copied to my new e-mail account. What has me stuck is getting all my contacts into my new e-mail account. I have tried exporting and importing without any success. There is a lot of information in my contacts and it would take way too long to enter all the information manually.

Any suggestions? Please have some suggestions!

alkaufmann, Dec 24, 2019
  4. nolen01 Win User

How to ensure Win Mail, Calendar and Contacts will synch when adding a new e-mail account

E-Mail contacts

The Win 10 Mail does not have a connection to contacts. If you want to forward or send E-Mail, you have to open the People app and copy and paste to the To line in the Web 10 Mail page. Is there a way to have the contacts button on the Web 10 mail page? I had to download Win Live Mail so that I could forward E-Mails to several contacts at one time.

nolen01, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

1. How to ensure Win Mail, Calendar and Contacts will synch when adding a new e-mail account - Similar Threads - ensure Mail Calendar

2. E-mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E-mail Contacts: G'day,I do not know what happened. If I wanted to find a friend & their e-mail, I would click on Switch To People. I would see all my contact. When I do it now I get this Pop-Up. Please could somebody tell me how I can get it back to the way it was?Cheers Perry* Moved from...
  3. ADDING AN E-MAIL SIGNATURE

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADDING AN E-MAIL SIGNATURE: I used to have an "Options" feature, I finally found one accidentally - don't ask me where it is, hit and miss but now I no longer have the ability to insert so I can change my signature page???...
  4. E-mail for Contacts going to Bulk Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    E-mail for Contacts going to Bulk Mail: Recently noticed I was not receiving e-mail from several of my Contacts. Just by chance when looking for a notice from a vendor in my Bulk Folder I found many e-mails from Contacts that I have in my People App. I am working with Windows 10 and I have Yahoo Mail. Has...
  5. Contacts, Calendar, Mail Lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Contacts, Calendar, Mail Lost: I opened up my mail this morning and saw all my information and when I went to open up Mail everything was gone including all my contacts and calendar information using Mail for Windows 10. Please advise how to recover this information. I'm not able to find anything....
  6. Adding a e-mail account and make it private

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding a e-mail account and make it private: I am enrolled in school and the account I use is the same account I've been using prior to enrolling in school. I added another e-mail account, is it possible to keep the new account totally personal & private from my education?...
  7. New e mail

New e mail: I have raised a new hotmail.com e mail address. I can receive e mails ok but when i try to send one, it says error cannot send , any idea why please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/new-e-mail/fa9115a8-8e78-4785-84a6-6cf7f010efd1
  8. How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?: I keep contact details in my Microsoft account (at Sign in to your Microsoft account). I've been using Outlook 2010 with the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and this used to synchronise my contacts fine. However, for a while now, I've noticed mail synchronisation...
  9. E-Mail contacts

in Browsers and Email
    E-Mail contacts: The Win 10 Mail does not have a connection to contacts. If you want to forward or send E-Mail, you have to open the People app and copy and paste to the To line in the Web 10 Mail page. Is there a way to have the contacts button on the Web 10 mail page? I had to download Win...
  10. Error 0x8007054e when adding account to mail or calendar

Error 0x8007054e when adding account to mail or calendar: [img] I tried to remove and reinstall mail but the Store now says Reinstall and exits when I click on it [img] 7724