Windows 10: How to Ensure your PC is Not Connected to any Domains?

Discus and support How to Ensure your PC is Not Connected to any Domains? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just wondering if there's any way to make sure a Windows 10 PC isn't connected to any domains? It might not be the correct definition but I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thelps, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Thelps Win User

How to Ensure your PC is Not Connected to any Domains?

Just wondering if there's any way to make sure a Windows 10 PC isn't connected to any domains?

It might not be the correct definition but I'm including 'WORKGROUP' under that question.

Obviously I could disconnect the Ethernet cable but that's a little obvious. *Wink

What I mean is - to maintain as much control as is possible over a PC. That's while ensuring remote (network-based) access is either impossible or very, very difficult and easy to detect.

:)

Thelps, Feb 17, 2018
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Feb 17, 2018
  3. Is your Bluetooth being not connected to Laptop?

Hi Ankit1432,

The error message that you receive usually suggests or implies faulty hardware, conflicting drivers, or corrupted system files. In your case, it seems to be faulty hardware or conflicting drivers as the problem happens when you try to connect a new device.

For us to see the complete detailed information and the error code behind this error message that you received, I suggest that you disable the auto PC restart option from the Startup & System Recovery settings. To do that, open
    Control Panel, then click on System And Maintenance > System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced tab >
    Startup And Recovery > Settings > clear
    the Automatically Restart check box > click OK.
    This time, if your computer restarts again, take note of the error code that you see so we can look into that specific error.

You may also run the System File Checker tool to scan any possible corrupted system files. Please check out the link, Using System
    File Checker in Windows 10
    for the detailed steps.

Please update this thread with the result. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 17, 2018
  4. How to Ensure your PC is Not Connected to any Domains?

By calling a Workgroup a Domain, you are confusing the issue -- as they are very different.

If what you want, is NOT to be connected to any networks, be they Workgroups or Homegroups, then the simple solution is to disable all your networking hardware -- LAN and WLAN. That is the only way I know to make network-based access to your PC impossible.

For home networks, most routers include the option to do MacAddress filtering, which would prevent access by devices you have not already approved -- but InfoSec folks will tell you that is not iron clad, as MacAddresses can be spoofed.

In terms of detection, I run a consumer app known as SoftPerfect WiFi Guard which alerts me any time an IP is detected that I have not already noted and identified.

I am sure there must be more robust COMMERCIAL apps out there that you could buy that would do 24/7 monitoring of your network and the devices on it -- but I am not familiar with those and leave those recommendations to others.

Mark Phelps, Feb 17, 2018
  5. Thelps Win User
    Given I get very few real solutions (answers?) to my questions on these forums surely the right approach is one of elimination?

It just seems very likely that security experts will always sell the viewpoint that there's no such thing as an 'unhackable' network because there will always be liabilities, and their career is funded by vulnerable networks.

There must be a few very common methods of access, however. I don't ever seem to get even the most basic of leads beyond change passwords and what Google spews on the first page.

I appreciate you're trying to help, though.

Thelps, Feb 18, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    If your behind a NAT router your ipcant be connected to via the internet unless something on you pc open it up. If your using wireless on the network most routers have a option user isolation which stops any wireless client from accessing local pcs

Samuria, Feb 18, 2018
  7. RickC Win User
    Disable the network adapters in the BIOS/UEFI and password-protect access. Note however that someone could plug in a USB-based network adapter (wifi or ethernet) so you would also have to manage the USB ports as well. If the device has Bluetooth then you would also need to disable this radio as well to prevent someone pairing it to a mobile device (like a phone) which has a wifi hotspot enabled. If it's a PC (rather than a laptop) then you would need to secure the case to prevent someone installing an internal wifi or ethernet adapter.

RickC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to Ensure your PC is Not Connected to any Domains?

1. How to Ensure your PC is Not Connected to any Domains? - Similar Threads - Ensure Connected Domains

2. How to ensure that all of your photos open at max size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to ensure that all of your photos open at max size?: Hello, this is a minor problem, one that is just mainly a pet peeve of mine. I've been trying to figure out where the Windows Photo viewer properties are because I want it to always opens at max size. And when I say max size, I mean that whenever I create a new tab/window...
  3. How to ensure that all of your photos open at max size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to ensure that all of your photos open at max size?: Hello, this is a minor problem, one that is just mainly a pet peeve of mine. I've been trying to figure out where the Windows Photo viewer properties are because I want it to always opens at max size. And when I say max size, I mean that whenever I create a new tab/window...
  4. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset domain password without connecting to domain: My environment has multiple domains and users connect to those domains using VPN. Now if their password in these domains expire or if they forget their passwords then there is no way for them to reset their passwords. Is there any solution that can solve this situation...
  5. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset domain password without connecting to domain: My environment has multiple domains and users connect to those domains using VPN. Now if their password in these domains expire or if they forget their passwords then there is no way for them to reset their passwords. Is there any solution that can solve this situation...
  6. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Any suggestions how to connect controller to pc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any suggestions how to connect controller to pc?: So having a history with nothing but troubles with xbox, i made the switch to pc 2 weeks ago. Got windows 10 and recently bought a wireless adapter for windows 10 because my controller wouldnt sync to pc pc has bluetooth and uninstalled drivers and everything on trouble shoot...
  8. How To Join Your Windows 10 PC to a Domain

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To Join Your Windows 10 PC to a Domain: Last Updated on May 22, 2019So, you want to learn how to join your Windows 10 PC to a domain? Great! You’ve come to the right place then. First, let’s start off with some definition. What’s a domain? A domain is a kind of network that allows you to login to your user from any...
  9. Ensuring your security and privacy within Gmail

in Windows 10 News
    Ensuring your security and privacy within Gmail: We make it possible for applications from other developers to integrate with Gmail—like email clients, trip planners and customer relationship management (CRM) systems—so that you have options around how you access and use your email. We continuously work to vet developers...
  10. How to see the IPs your PC is connected to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to see the IPs your PC is connected to?: Hi I am having a lag while playing Battlefield 1, so to pin -point its source I was using the trace-rt command. Among other things I want to test the trace to the game server, for that, I need to know it's IP address. I was using the resource monitor to see all...