Windows 10: How to enter correct product key for Windows 10 when a previously used key was entered by...

Discus and support How to enter correct product key for Windows 10 when a previously used key was entered by... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two computers, one at home and one at the office. My office bought Windows 10 Professional upgrade licenses for both. I upgraded my computer at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PLJPCJOHN, Jun 27, 2019.

1. PLJPCJOHN Win User

How to enter correct product key for Windows 10 when a previously used key was entered by...

I have two computers, one at home and one at the office. My office bought Windows 10 Professional upgrade licenses for both. I upgraded my computer at home first using one of the product keys. Later, when I was back at the office, I started the process of using the second product key to upgrade my office computer. By mistake, I entered the first product key. Now it will not let me enter the second product key on to my office computer to complete the process. I use the same Microsoft Hotmail account for both computers if that makes a difference. Can you help me know how to enter the second product key.

:)

PLJPCJOHN, Jun 27, 2019
  2. jmcslob Win User

windows 10 key

Google and download the "Windows 10 media creation tool"

Create a USB flash drive ISO and that's all you need...it will work without needing a key..
    Just skip past entering a key during full install and delete all partitions, format, create new drive and install...

As long as you have upgraded from Windows 8 first...you need to do that prior to using your Windows 8 key for 10.

jmcslob, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Enter a Product key

Hi MohammadMoharram,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the version of Windows installed on your PC, is that Windows 10 Home or Pro?
    2. Are you receiving any error message, when you are trying to activate your Windows 10?
    3. Have you purchased the product key for Windows 10 while purchasing the laptop?
    4. How did you run windows recovery?

However, I suggest you to refer this thread article on
    using the Activation troubleshooter
    and
    Activation in Windows 10
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jun 27, 2019
  4. JITHESHN Win User

How to enter correct product key for Windows 10 when a previously used key was entered by...

Entering product key regarding

I was using win 8 pre installed(oem) machine. I downloaded win 10 and installed. While installing asked for product key. Which product key is to be entered and from where I get product key. at the time of making partitions , there was a portion "oem reserved".
    I deleted this also and made the c,d,e drives. Now status is windows activated. Is my installation is correct and my win 10 is original?

JITHESHN, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to enter correct product key for Windows 10 when a previously used key was entered by... - Similar Threads - enter correct product

2. How to enter the last digit of product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enter the last digit of product key: Getting message "windows license will expire soon". So i got product keys. However I go to change product key and it won't let me enter the last digit.Also enter key in dashboard. Help??...
  3. I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...: I found my Product key from command prompt admin, but when I try to activate it, it prompts an error that the product key didn't work, Try again. I checked it twice and it was correct, but it isn't activating, help....
  4. I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...: I found my Product key from command prompt admin, but when I try to activate it, it prompts an error that the product key didn't work, Try again. I checked it twice and it was correct, but it isn't activating, help....
  5. I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. entering the correct product key but says not valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    entering the correct product key but says not valid: pls help me microsoft pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entering-the-correct-product-key-but-says-not/517f1f92-0f11-4016-a9cf-11aa808570d5
  7. entering the correct product key but says not valid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    entering the correct product key but says not valid: pls help me microsoft pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entering-the-correct-product-key-but-says-not/517f1f92-0f11-4016-a9cf-11aa808570d5
  8. The Product Key You Entered Didn't Work.Check The Product Key And Try Again,Or Enter A...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The Product Key You Entered Didn't Work.Check The Product Key And Try Again,Or Enter A...: I can't activate the serial key on my Windows 10 Prowith an error code:0xc0000022 whereas before it could, was this a virus malware? please answer me...
  9. Enter a Product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enter a Product key: I bought a labtop with window10 . I ran windows recovery to modify personal setting . Since then windows asks me to enter a product key . WHAT TO DO ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-a-product-key/db2c1a86-6b24-441a-b7b6-10eef32f0ed6"
  10. cannot enter the product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot enter the product key: I downloaded the product key software to view the product key of my device then I entered the product key to activate windows, then the error message 0x803FA067 and content could not activate windows on this device because you don 't have a valid product key or digital...