Windows 10: How to enter the Boot Menu on lenovo thinkpad, and install windows 10 pro from a USB

Discus and support How to enter the Boot Menu on lenovo thinkpad, and install windows 10 pro from a USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have a lenovo think pad and i need to install a fresh windows 10 pro inside it. now i restarted the laptop then i keep clicking on F12 where i got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johnjohn12345, Jan 11, 2021.

1. How to enter the Boot Menu on lenovo thinkpad, and install windows 10 pro from a USB

i have a lenovo think pad and i need to install a fresh windows 10 pro inside it. now i restarted the laptop then i keep clicking on F12 where i got this screen:-

How to enter the Boot Menu on lenovo thinkpad, and install windows 10 pro from a USB 7b812062-335e-49c9-9da6-dd3462633b7d?upload=true.png

but i can not locate from where i need to inform the Boot Menu to start from a USB drive?

Thanks

:)

johnjohn12345, Jan 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Beldar Win User
    Thinkpad T510 is bricked after entering PIN in setup

I bought it from a reputable dealer on eBay on July 6th. No history given, except the dealer formatted theHD and tested everything. The listing says No Returns. But he may be open to an exchange. LENOVO THINKPAD T510 15.6” i5 M520 2.40ghz 4GB Ram 500gb HDD DVD RW W/ Charger | eBay
    Before I press for that I'm going to try the steps you've suggested further down in this thread.

Beldar, Jan 11, 2021
  4. malware Win User

How to enter the Boot Menu on lenovo thinkpad, and install windows 10 pro from a USB

Lenovo Recalls 208,000 ThinkPad Batteries

On March 1, 2007, Lenovo voluntarily recalled certain 208,000 9-cell lithium-ion batteries. These batteries were manufactured for use with ThinkPad notebook computers that shipped worldwide between November 2005 and February 2007. All ThinkPad R60, R60e Series, ThinkPad T60, T60p Series and ThinkPad Z60m, Z61e, Z61m, and Z61p Series with 9-cell 10.8V, 5.2 Ah batteries with part number FRU P/N 92P1131 are being recalled. All affected batteries will be replaced free of charge. Lenovo suggests those computers with defective units remove the battery and use the AC adaptor until a replacement has arrived.

Source: Lenovo

malware, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

How to enter the Boot Menu on lenovo thinkpad, and install windows 10 pro from a USB

1. How to enter the Boot Menu on lenovo thinkpad, and install windows 10 pro from a USB - Similar Threads - enter Boot Menu

2. Lenovo Thinkpad - USB Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Thinkpad - USB Mouse: Hi! I have a new Lenovo Thinkpad for work we just switched from a MacBook so I'm lost. I have my USB mouse set up but I can not figure out where the setting is to activate scrolling. I've looked every where!Also, I work with 2 display monitors and I was able to connect to one...
  3. Lenovo Thinkpad - USB Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Thinkpad - USB Mouse: Hi! I have a new Lenovo Thinkpad for work we just switched from a MacBook so I'm lost. I have my USB mouse set up but I can not figure out where the setting is to activate scrolling. I've looked every where!Also, I work with 2 display monitors and I was able to connect to one...
  4. How to reset my Lenovo ThinkPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset my Lenovo ThinkPad: I bought a Lenovo ThinkPad from a pawn shop as a backup computer I tried to personalize windows and activate it I couldn't because it needs a work or school email address I did a complete reset now I can't sign in because I don't have a work or school email address how do I...
  5. How to reset my Lenovo ThinkPad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset my Lenovo ThinkPad: I bought a Lenovo ThinkPad from a pawn shop as a backup computer I tried to personalize windows and activate it I couldn't because it needs a work or school email address I did a complete reset now I can't sign in because I don't have a work or school email address how do I...
  6. How to reset my Lenovo ThinkPad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10: "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint" on Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-fingerprint-scanner-and-windows-hello/1557fa4e-806c-4509-bfcf-4bf77a5128d5
  8. Clean install windows 10, USB drive not showing on boot menu, Lenovo Legion Y530

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install windows 10, USB drive not showing on boot menu, Lenovo Legion Y530: Hello,My computer didn't make it after the last Windows update, so I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH.The other computer available to me is a MacBook Pro 2015, OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6, from which I am currently seeking...
  9. How to install Windows 10 pro from USB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to install Windows 10 pro from USB?: Hi guys, i was finding the official win 10 pro ISO for clean installation from official Microsoft page but i didn't found any other versions than the win 10 core. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/ there And also the creation Tool allows to...
  10. Lenovo Thinkpad stuck in boot menu screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Thinkpad stuck in boot menu screen: I had a heat problem with this laptop, but that has been resolved. The heat problem started after trying multiple times to do a Windows 10 pro update, without success. After that the boot up is stuck in this screen. I can move from one selection to another, but it will not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. Lenovo ThinkPad G455AY install Windows usb