Windows 10: How To Enter Unicode in Win10?

Discus and support How To Enter Unicode in Win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to use unicode characters and can only find one way to do it: copy and paste from a char display. Better if I can input a number the same way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jul 11, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Enter Unicode in Win10?

I want to use unicode characters and can only find one way to do it: copy and paste from a char display.

Better if I can input a number the same way we input ascii codes using Alt first.

I got this from a good site about the codes but it doesn't explain how to input them. Only copy and paste.

So here's like an example of a code I'd like to input and the symbol it codes for:

There's the Symbol and then the Hex code and then the decimal code.

♭ Flat Sign U + 266D; ♭

:)

abrogard, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Paulr Win User

Unicodes and language packs

Several work arounds can be found at http://www.johndcook.com/blog/2008/0...rs-in-windows/
    1. as I suggested above, U+(hexcode) Alt-X
    2. edit a registry key and hold down the Alt key while entering the code on the numeric keypad
    3. download the free utility called UnicodeInput, which pops up with the Alt-+ key
    None of these are useful on my Surface Pro virtual keyboard which is missing both the Alt key numeric keypad *Sad

Paulr, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Fafhrd Win User
    How to type unicode characters in Windows 10?

I haven't the right keyboard available on my laptop, so I can't test this, but the way we used to do it was:

1. Press and hold down the Alt key.
    2. Press the + (plus) key on the numeric keypad.
    3. Type the hexidecimal unicode value.
    4. Release the Alt key.
    This comes from:

How to enter Unicode characters in Microsoft Windows

Which leads on to this small utility:

UnicodeInput - a utility to enter Unicode characters on Microsoft Windows

Which I also cannot test.

In Microsoft Word,there must be numerous published macros for handling Unicode - some will be better than others - just go to:

microsoft word unicode macro - Google Search

for loads of links.

Fafhrd, Jul 11, 2019
  4. P1J
    P1J Win User

Unicode Support in Regional Languages (Hindi)

Hi,

On my HTC Touch, WM6.1, I have tried to use Hindi Devnagri script many a times but the browser doesn't render Hindi based sites though the phone seems to Support Unicode. There was a suggestion on a website some months ago to copy mangal (or any
    other unicode font) to fonts folder on mobile.. I did that but then the phone considers that font as some System font and changes a lot many interfaces (menu/programs) to gibberish without displaying correction.

Can you help me with how can I see unicode websites on my phone ?

thanks

Thema:

1. How To Enter Unicode in Win10? - Similar Threads - Enter Unicode Win10

2. Unicode in Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unicode in Notepad: I copy a bunch of .txt files saved with UTF-8 type from my old computer (Win7) to a new one (Win10). When I open these .txt files, they all become garbage. Even after I SAVE AS with UTF-8, they still show garbage. How do I recover them?...
  3. How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?: I have recently notice that after I changed the name of my PC, my computer no longer automatically logs into Windows after a reboot. It gets hung up on the login screen and now I notice TWO profiles at the lower left hand corner. I don’t need the profile which is highlighted...
  4. How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?: I have recently notice tat after I changed the name of my PC, my computer no longer automatically logs into Windows after a reboot. It gets hung up on the login screen and now I notice TWO profiles at the lower left hand corner. I don’t need the profile which is highlighted...
  5. Unicode Marathi fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unicode Marathi fonts: I am a writer, and have 6 books in Marathi language authored by me. I have been using Unicode Marathi phonetic keyboard for writing since last 12 years. But since yesterday, I find that the Unicode Marathi font and its phonetic keyboard are no longer available. May I know...
  6. Unicode Hindi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unicode Hindi: There is no option for the question mark symbol when we type by switching to the keyboard to Unicode Hindi. Every time I have to type the symbol then I have to switch to the English option. I was wondering if either the option of the symbol could be added any other...
  7. How do you change language settings for non-unicode programs in Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you change language settings for non-unicode programs in Win10?: Installed a chinese application earlier called Kuwo Music Player. I have been using this particular application for quite some time and today is the first occasion where I decided to give it a go on Windows 10 too. Then came the problem, I realised that the settings to change...
  8. How to type unicode characters in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to type unicode characters in Windows 10?: With Microsoft Word, Wordpad and Notepad running in XP and Win7, you could type any unicode character by typing its number followed by Alt+X. For example, you could type ≠ by typing 2260AltX. This doesn't work in Wordpad or Notepad running in Win10; it seems to work in Word,...
  9. UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....

in Windows 10 Support
    UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....: there is no unicode on windows 10 help please and paint it black. 13183
  10. Unicodes and language packs

in Windows 10 Support
    Unicodes and language packs: I'm sure a lot of people share my dilemma. The Unicodes I am wanting to use, range from U+1000 to U+109F (plus two extended ranges, AA60–AA7F and A9E0–A9FF). The Burmese (Myanmar) language pack makes the majority of these characters easy to access, but I'm wanting some that...