Windows 10: How To Enter Unicode in Win10?

Discus and support How To Enter Unicode in Win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to use unicode characters and can only find one way to do it: copy and paste from a char display. Better if I can input a number the same way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jul 11, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Enter Unicode in Win10?

I want to use unicode characters and can only find one way to do it: copy and paste from a char display.

Better if I can input a number the same way we input ascii codes using Alt first.

I got this from a good site about the codes but it doesn't explain how to input them. Only copy and paste.

So here's like an example of a code I'd like to input and the symbol it codes for:

There's the Symbol and then the Hex code and then the decimal code.

♭ Flat Sign U + 266D; ♭

:)

abrogard, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Paulr Win User

Unicodes and language packs

Several work arounds can be found at http://www.johndcook.com/blog/2008/0...rs-in-windows/
    1. as I suggested above, U+(hexcode) Alt-X
    2. edit a registry key and hold down the Alt key while entering the code on the numeric keypad
    3. download the free utility called UnicodeInput, which pops up with the Alt-+ key
    None of these are useful on my Surface Pro virtual keyboard which is missing both the Alt key numeric keypad *Sad

Paulr, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Fafhrd Win User
    How to type unicode characters in Windows 10?

I haven't the right keyboard available on my laptop, so I can't test this, but the way we used to do it was:

1. Press and hold down the Alt key.
    2. Press the + (plus) key on the numeric keypad.
    3. Type the hexidecimal unicode value.
    4. Release the Alt key.
    This comes from:

How to enter Unicode characters in Microsoft Windows

Which leads on to this small utility:

UnicodeInput - a utility to enter Unicode characters on Microsoft Windows

Which I also cannot test.

In Microsoft Word,there must be numerous published macros for handling Unicode - some will be better than others - just go to:

microsoft word unicode macro - Google Search

for loads of links.

Fafhrd, Jul 11, 2019
  4. P1J
    P1J Win User

Unicode Support in Regional Languages (Hindi)

Hi,

On my HTC Touch, WM6.1, I have tried to use Hindi Devnagri script many a times but the browser doesn't render Hindi based sites though the phone seems to Support Unicode. There was a suggestion on a website some months ago to copy mangal (or any
    other unicode font) to fonts folder on mobile.. I did that but then the phone considers that font as some System font and changes a lot many interfaces (menu/programs) to gibberish without displaying correction.

Can you help me with how can I see unicode websites on my phone ?

thanks

Thema:

1. How To Enter Unicode in Win10? - Similar Threads - Enter Unicode Win10

2. How to update Unicode on Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update Unicode on Windows 7?: How to update Unicode on Windows 7 to get the new characters? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-unicode-on-windows-7/8a7f3c3f-ce64-45a5-a81d-1812cc67b817
  3. How to update Unicode on Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to update Unicode on Windows 7?: How to update Unicode on Windows 7 to get the new characters? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-unicode-on-windows-7/8a7f3c3f-ce64-45a5-a81d-1812cc67b817
  4. UNICODE Trouble

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNICODE Trouble: Hello, I can't use unicode correctly anymore for a few days. For example typing ALT+212 would give È that I can get now with the win+; But if I do it now, it makes seams like a wrong default unicode table ... probably in register? Any solution?...
  5. notepad unicode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    notepad unicode: When I click on encoding when I save as a thing in notepad unicode does not show up and im very confused https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-unicode/53c9cd4a-539a-4c87-abdb-7e0601c95e5f
  6. Entering Unicode Hexidecimal to get special characters which are also found in the...

Entering Unicode Hexidecimal to get special characters which are also found in the...: I saw a couple of posts where people were asking how to enter the Unicode numbers, and the special advisor gave incorrect information and locked the threads so that the information could not be disputed, although the correct information can be found here:...
  7. Unicode in Notepad

Unicode in Notepad: I copy a bunch of .txt files saved with UTF-8 type from my old computer (Win7) to a new one (Win10). When I open these .txt files, they all become garbage. Even after I SAVE AS with UTF-8, they still show garbage. How do I recover them?...
  8. Unicode Hindi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unicode Hindi: There is no option for the question mark symbol when we type by switching to the keyboard to Unicode Hindi. Every time I have to type the symbol then I have to switch to the English option. I was wondering if either the option of the symbol could be added any other...
  9. How do you change language settings for non-unicode programs in Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you change language settings for non-unicode programs in Win10?: Installed a chinese application earlier called Kuwo Music Player. I have been using this particular application for quite some time and today is the first occasion where I decided to give it a go on Windows 10 too. Then came the problem, I realised that the settings to change...
  10. UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....

in Windows 10 Support
    UNICODE PROBLEM no unicode.....: there is no unicode on windows 10 help please and paint it black. 13183

Users found this page by searching for:

1. entering unicode characters in windows 10

2. win 10 enter unicode

3. unicode in win10 verwenden