Windows 10: How to enter windows 10 in safe mode with f8 key!

Discus and support How to enter windows 10 in safe mode with f8 key! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I saw some were on this forum a post discussing safe mode and how it did not work on windows 10 using f8 key... I like knowing if I need to get into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raner, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Raner Win User

How to enter windows 10 in safe mode with f8 key!

I saw some were on this forum a post discussing safe mode and how it did not work on windows 10 using f8 key...
    I like knowing if I need to get into safe mode on my pc the f8 key will work... So I started checking the web and found how to make windows 10 go into safe mode with f8 key...
    The information I found is for windows 8 but I checked it out on my windows 10 pc and it works just fine...
    Here is the link to the tutorial: How to enable the F8 key to start Safe Mode in Windows 8
    Admin...If this is information you all know about just delete this post...

:)

Raner, Sep 5, 2015
  2. GTS-NJ Win User

Microsoft has no rights to block me from accessing my own computer BIOS

It is likely that the procedure described in the link below (which is also applicable to Windows 10) will let you access the BIOS with the applicable key press on startup.

I have used it in Windows 10 to allow getting to safe mode with an F8 key press, which is also normally impossible. (I consider that to be a tremendous mistake on Microsoft's part - precluding a safe mode boot when it is most urgently needed for a system
    that won't start normally.) It should also be applicable to a BIOS trigger key.

How to enable the F8 key to start Safe Mode in Windows 8

How to enable the F8 key to start Safe Mode in Windows 8

GTS-NJ, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Preparing to configure Windows Dont turn off your computer stuck

Hi,

Windows configuration or even Windows update usually takes up a long time to be finished. To help you resolve the issue, try entering safe mode and see if the configuration will be finished. Refer to this

article
    on how to start PC in safe mode. You can also try pressing F8 key continuously to enter safe mode.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Raner Win User
    Hi Brink... I didn't know if you did or not... You can delete the post if you want too...

Raner, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Raner Win User
    Hey Brink... Are you all the same crew that have or had Windows 7 Help Forums...

Raner, Sep 5, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 5, 2015
  8. Raner Win User

Thought so...Your name looked very familiar... You helped be on windows xp a long time ago...
    Can't remember what I was fighting but you used Team Viewer or some similar software and fixed my problem... It was a
    problem that was buried deep in the operating system...Nice to talk to you again...
    And if I really get stuck on something I will haller for you... Now that I know your roaming around here....LOL...*Smile*Smile*Smile

Raner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to enter windows 10 in safe mode with f8 key! - Similar Threads - enter safe mode

2. Windows 10 Safe Mode F8 Command Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Safe Mode F8 Command Not Working: Hello, I posted a question because that command didn't workI had this problem after upgrading to Windows 11 and then downgrading.How do I fix this command not working fix?...
  3. Windows 10 Safe Mode F8 Command Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Safe Mode F8 Command Not Working: Hello, I posted a question because that command didn't workI had this problem after upgrading to Windows 11 and then downgrading.How do I fix this command not working fix?...
  4. Windows 10 Safe Mode F8 Command Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows not entering safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not entering safe mode: I want to switch my graphics card from Nvidia to AMD. For this I need to uninstall the current graphics drivers and install new ones in safe mode. Unfortunately, my windows won't enter safe mode. When I click "startup settings" and select restart, the computer just boots back...
  6. How to enter safe mode in WINre ?

How to enter safe mode in WINre ?: I cannot enter safe mode by using WINre by using Startup Settings even though I have tried pressing 5 and F5 it keeps showing the error Critical Process Died...
  7. Enable F8 Safe Mode Boot

Enable F8 Safe Mode Boot: How can I turn on this function, again? I have tried the following: bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy and bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes as per online searches. But, I get the following message: >>The set command specified is not valid. >>Run...
  8. Reactivate F8 to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Reactivate F8 to boot safe mode: I happened across this cmd.exe line while looking for a shortcut to open in safe mode: Code: bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy[/quote] . It worked. I found a startup menu and got to safe mode with network. One little problem: after trying it out I rebooted and...
  9. How do enter safe mode without enter in windows ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do enter safe mode without enter in windows ?: Hi,guys , im brazilian so.. sorry for my english... I have a problem.. how do enter in safe mode without enter in windows? I tried this mode but, dont show this option. help me [img] thanks for all 39641
  10. Does F8 key still work to boot into Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does F8 key still work to boot into Safe Mode?: I ran into a problem installing Win10 on my laptop (I posted about it here). I got into an endless reboot cycle where Win would go to desktop but no taskbar/apps worked and a popup message left me no choice but to reboot again. I needed to get to Safe Mode to fix this. I had...