Windows 10: How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

Discus and support How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nerzana, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Nerzana Win User

How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the 1080p monitor is much smaller. Which causes apps to resize when moving them from one monitor to the other and the cursor move further down the screen when i move it to the 1080p monitor. Is there someway to fix this so that windows thinks the monitors are the same size?

:)

Nerzana, Jan 1, 2022

2. Resolution & DPI scaling on 32inch monitor

Samsung LC32F397FWNXZA 32"
    resolution 1920 x 1080

graphics card:

GeForce GTX 1050 (2GB)

Maximum Digital Resolution 7680x4320@60Hz2

Would this suggest that it is the monitor that is the limiting factor?

I'd like to just make the apps smaller but unable to scale below 100% or adjust the DPI below the default.

JackieCharlesworth, Jan 1, 2022
  3. Scale and Layout On Different Monitors?

Hello!

Yes, the resolution will be 1920x1080 in both cases. Either in 15.6'' laptop monitor, or 27'' external monitor.

What I wanted to know is the scale:

Now with 15.6'' it puts it to 125%. What will it put it in 27'' external monitor?

Will it be again 125% or will I have a 100% scale?

MarkosMevorah, Jan 1, 2022
  4. Helmut Win User

Different resolution for laptop screen/external monitor?

In the first image, just the monitor selections 1. is the Laptop, 2. is the Dell monitor.

In the second image, the drop down box for the laptop built in display indicates 1366 x 768 (native) one only.
    The Dell monitor lists various resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 (native).
    It defaults to the native resolution, you could select a lower resolution and it would scale up or centre etc.

But as I say it just does it. You may have to fiddle about with scaling as your aspect ratios are different.

The third image is mine with your 1440 x 900 on the Dell, and it looks like the preview picture, horrible on mine but again it just works.

You can do the same thing with the Windows Settings as the other images. It's the same thing.

I just did it the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel way to be different.....

Attachment 148188

Attachment 148189

Attachment 148190

Helmut, Jan 1, 2022
Thema:

1. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution - Similar Threads - equalize scale monitors

2. Different Scaling on two monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different Scaling on two monitors.: Hello, On my new Win11 laptop I am unable to set different scaling on my laptops auxiliary monitor. My laptop is 2560x1600 on a 16" monitor and my aux is 35" on 1980x1080.On 100% scaling, the laptop's test is minuscule almost unreadable, so i set it to 125%.Now, my 35" also...
  3. Different Scaling on two monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different Scaling on two monitors.: Hello, On my new Win11 laptop I am unable to set different scaling on my laptops auxiliary monitor. My laptop is 2560x1600 on a 16" monitor and my aux is 35" on 1980x1080.On 100% scaling, the laptop's test is minuscule almost unreadable, so i set it to 125%.Now, my 35" also...
  4. How to change monitor display resolution/scaling only

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change monitor display resolution/scaling only: As you can see in the picture below, my external monitor is larger than my laptop's display, but windows thinks the display is smaller. Because of this, when I transfer windows from the monitor to the laptop, the sizing is off until it fully realizes it is on the new screen....
  5. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution: Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the 1080p monitor is much smaller. Which causes apps to resize when moving them from one monitor to the other and the cursor move...
  6. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution: Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the 1080p monitor is much smaller. Which causes apps to resize when moving them from one monitor to the other and the cursor move...
  7. 4k Monitor Windows Scaling Resolution

4k Monitor Windows Scaling Resolution: Hi, I have a 4K 2160 x 3840 monitor for my Windows 10 PC.If i use windows display scaling set at 100%, all the icons are tiny, but when i do a screen resolution test using various websites, the results come back as 2160 x 3840.I used websites such...
  8. Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution: So I have a dual monitor setup, my second monitor is 27in, and my main monitor is 24in, when using backgrounds like shown here, I cannot get my background to line up correctly, if I still want my mouse to move across the monitors smoothly, it seems like windows sees both...
  9. Monitor Scaling and resolution

Monitor Scaling and resolution: I have a 2 monitor setup on windows 10. I have a 23.8 inch 1440p monitor, and a 31 inch 1080p television as my second monitor. In the windows display settings menu it assumes the 1080p tv is smaller than the 1440p monitor despite it being the opposite. Is there a way to input...
  10. Resolution and scaling for 15.6in Monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Resolution and scaling for 15.6in Monitor: What scaling I should use for 4K display 3840 x 2160 on laptop with a 15.6in screen. I have tried 300% but the menu in lightroom and photoshop are too small to be readable. 73759