Windows 10: How to Erase/Format a Write Protected CD-R on Windows 10

Discus and support How to Erase/Format a Write Protected CD-R on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old CD-R that I found and when I went to try to erase the contents of the disc, it said it was write protected. Is there a way to undo the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TexasChick, Jan 4, 2020.

1. How to Erase/Format a Write Protected CD-R on Windows 10

I have an old CD-R that I found and when I went to try to erase the contents of the disc, it said it was write protected. Is there a way to undo the write protect and erase the contents? I tried the Registry solution and that didn't work. I looked at the DiskPart solution, but my CD-R didn't appear in the list disk. Both Disk 0 and Disk 1 were too large of capacity to be the CD-R. I think 0 was the hard drive and 1 was the backup external drive. I did find the DVD-Rom drive in the list volume and it was Volume 0.

So, what is the best way to get the contents of my CD-R erased? I don't care about using it again... it's going to be recycled if I can removed the contents.

Thanks for any suggestions or solutions.

:)

TexasChick, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 4, 2020
  3. write protect on cd-rw

Hello i have a gamedisk that i want to format. But when i click format disk D: it says the disk is write protected and i want to disable write protect. I tryed to fix it with diskpart in cmd. But no help the CD doesn't show up. it says

only 1 disc witch is the system and i have the CD in it just doesn't show up. It shows up in "list volume" but i say "format disc D:\" but it says write protected. Please let me know if their is a fix my os is windows 10

kasey shadden, Jan 4, 2020
  4. How to Erase/Format a Write Protected CD-R on Windows 10

freebird_9924, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

How to Erase/Format a Write Protected CD-R on Windows 10

1. How to Erase/Format a Write Protected CD-R on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Erase Format Write

2. CD is write protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CD is write protected: HelloI want to format my school CD and use some things on himBut when i go to format him it says the disk is write protected I tried going to cmd and cleared attributes but is is still same thing Can you help me?...
  3. CD is write protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD is write protected: HelloI want to format my school CD and use some things on himBut when i go to format him it says the disk is write protected I tried going to cmd and cleared attributes but is is still same thing Can you help me?...
  4. CD is write protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Format Write Protected USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Format Write Protected USB: How to Format Write Protected USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-write-protected-usb/b9a2e8f6-aa52-40df-858b-1fecf8cc7954
  6. How to Format Write Protected USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Format Write Protected USB: How to Format Write Protected USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-write-protected-usb/b9a2e8f6-aa52-40df-858b-1fecf8cc7954
  7. how to format write protected pendrive?

how to format write protected pendrive?: how to format write protected pen drive? You are not able to format the write-protected Pendrive? Well I found 3 helpful ways to format the write-protected Pendrive. Using them is a good option. BTW what's the reason behind it?Well, the main reason for this error comes when...
  8. Can't write or format CD-R on Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't write or format CD-R on Win 10: I see lots of others withe the same problem but no solution. I tried uninstalling the drive and re-booting, also updating driver and troubleshooting. No help --same on all three of my laptops. The CD drives can read files fine, but when I insert a blank CD-R windows says...
  9. Formatting CD-R Disks in Windows 10

Formatting CD-R Disks in Windows 10: How do I format blank CD-R disks for Windows 10. I'm not an IT tech nor do I run a server. Instructions seem to be written in Greek... Why is this so complicated? Your help is much appreciated. Thank you....
  10. Formatting a CD-R

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formatting a CD-R: so i have this compilation of cd's, mostly cd-r, most are blank and recognized on windows as labeled, the cd-r however, they can be used as "usb drive" aswell like cd-rw drives, will this mean i can manually extract an iso system image and use it to install an os? submitted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to format write protected cd

2. how to format a write protected CD

3. format write protected cd

4. remove write protection cd-r,
  5. How to format or erase CD WR showing Media protected,
  6. erase protected compact disk,
  7. Erase a write protected cd,
  8. Format write protected CDS,
  9. how to format copyrighted cd in win10,
  10. how to format a write protected cd rom,
  11. How to format write protected cd-rom,